Lousy christmas presents

So I am an artist. :straightface: Sometimes I'm a great artist but other times I'm a normal artist. I have no permanent job. So my friend who I made not one but TWO personalized lockets for this year showcasing the loves of her life, her husband and dog, AND a t-shirt of her hometown, bought me a paperback book and paperclipped sixty bucks and a list of artistic demands inside of it. It's a book called "regretsy," it's ugly etsy gifts. THe intention is that I take the moeny and buy supplies and make the things on her list and NOT the things in the book, I guess her gift to me this year is that I'm her little project, I need to get myself out there and make money off my art. But the delivery was just so cold. She coulda bought some paper or something. And the books been so looked through they even ordered something out of it, a penis shaped chapstick cozy. BLEH! Like I see the kind intention, me getting a business off the ground, but really? Do these things on this list. Here's the money and when you succeed, it'll be because of me since you obviously don't have enough drive to succeed on your own. When she;s suggested this in the past I tell her "I'm doing other things at the moment, I don't want to put stuff on etsy." it's met with "Oh you have low self esteem." Well you tell that to the zombies who eat up my time.

I'm just in a f***ing crappy mood and this morning was assholery before I even got out of bed and the first words the husband said were "I hope Crash looks out for you." to which I said "Crash is a good looker-outer." and he said "Licker outer?" and there was all that imagery that pissed the wife off, it's like the devil is my best friend today egging me to punch his lights out. It's going to be a long day and I just sound crazier and crazier. :straightface:

So I am an artist. :straightface: Sometimes I'm a great artist but other times I'm a normal artist. I have no permanent job. So my friend who I made not one but TWO personalized lockets for this year showcasing the loves of her life, her husband and dog, AND a t-shirt of her hometown, bought me a paperback book and paperclipped sixty bucks and a list of artistic demands inside of it. It's a book called "regretsy," it's ugly etsy gifts. THe intention is that I take the moeny and buy supplies and make the things on her list and NOT the things in the book, I guess her gift to me this year is that I'm her little project, I need to get myself out there and make money off my art. But the delivery was just so cold. She coulda bought some paper or something. And the books been so looked through they even ordered something out of it, a penis shaped chapstick cozy. BLEH! Like I see the kind intention, me getting a business off the ground, but really? Do these things on this list. Here's the money and when you succeed, it'll be because of me since you obviously don't have enough drive to succeed on your own. When she;s suggested this in the past I tell her "I'm doing other things at the moment, I don't want to put stuff on etsy." it's met with "Oh you have low self esteem." Well you tell that to the zombies who eat up my time.

I'm just in a f***ing crappy mood and this morning was assholery before I even got out of bed and the first words the husband said were "I hope Crash looks out for you." to which I said "Crash is a good looker-outer." and he said "Licker outer?" and there was all that imagery that pissed the wife off, it's like the devil is my best friend today egging me to punch his lights out. It's going to be a long day and I just sound crazier and crazier. :straightface:

That's kinda like buying your wife a vacuum cleaner for christmas. It's not very nice. I'm sorry your friend is a jerk.

That's kinda like buying your wife a vacuum cleaner for christmas. It's not very nice. I'm sorry your friend is a jerk.

THanks. I know, right?

I just found this on the internet and am not sure if it's lousy or amazing.

hawt%20dogs.jpg

My grandpa kept a small second-hand bookshop back in the day. So he gave everyone (the privileged members of his family, that is) stuff that he would never be able to sell. Every Christmas we would get some Marxist crap that was only good enough to stoke with. I'm post-soviet, so there's plenty of obsolete commie literature around. When my dad was dating my mum, my grandpa duped him into bying three volumes of a super super obnoxious 1930s Stalinist poet from him and then giving them to my mum as a Woman's Day present (a Woman's Day is pretty much an eastern version of St.Valentine's). My dad never dug literature, so he never had a chance to know what he was giving :lbf: Once when I was 8, grandpa gave me some pulp fiction with some hard-core sex in it.:crazy:

Ooh, those sound fun! :p That would be kind of an annoying gift though (what your friend got you and the way it was executed, not the chapstick cosy).

Ooh, those sound fun! :p That would be kind of an annoying gift though (what your friend got you and the way it was executed, not the chapstick cosy).

penis.jpg

which does this...

2783628895_4151c69119.jpg

Good grief, naughty The Cat's Mother is selling these nowadays. :p

I know, she was the first person I thought of when I saw these. :D

Back
Top Bottom