Maxine Peake wears Morrissey

the_style_and_icon_emporium-07012024-0001.jpg

Shes a legend especially in Dinnerladies but i think she made some negative remarks about him due to his various remarks about immigration so this might be an old picture.

Isn’t she close with Marr, as well?

Isn't this t-shirt one commissioned to raise funds for Salford Lads Club? I remember seeing it when I was there a few weeks ago.

Yes. The original run was on a yellow t shirt. They also did mugs (I have both).
Ahh, yes. I thought someone would know. I saw the yellow ones were the ones on main display, but they also had them in other (arguably weird) colours, too. I live in black, so I wasn't keen on yellow, lol. Don't think I saw the mugs, but I think I would have preferred one of those in yellow to clothing!

20240108_122841.jpg

From The Independent: "My Secret Life: Maxine Peake, actress, 33" (March 8, 2008).

"My favourite work of art... is a toss-up between Morrissey and Arthur Dooley's The Stations of the Cross. It's held in a Roman Catholic parish church in Leyland, and I'm not in any way religious, which makes the power of the image more impressive, somehow."

"All my money goes on... CDs, all sorts. I have quite a wide taste, lots of new folk, like The Fall, Patti Smith and The Smiths. A bit of rockabilly is up there, in fact, I've been through every possible phase and even have Casualty left over."

Not forgetting Marr's work with her:

Johnny-and-Maxine-1000.jpg

When I saw the title of this thread, I hoped that it was news of Steve having been skinned alive.

I wonder what a Morrissey skin would fetch on Ebay. What would you bid?

She won't be seen in that again.....considering that picture is pretty old.

Interesting timing.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom