Modest Mouse Ritz Manchester

Grahamchard

Trouble Loves me
Anyone got a spare ticket for this gig on Tue 29th and if so how much
Cheers
Graham

Nah, but I'll see you there. :D

Still no joy with "ticket line" Hope something pops up soon tho:(

I'm going, but I'm afraid I don't have a spare ticket.

There's this -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Modest-Mouse-...oryZ1306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He says that he's guaranteeing next day postage on Monday (he probably can't as it's bank holiday, but you could ask him if you could pick up as it's located in Manchester).

Failing that you could go to a tout outside, they won't be going for that much I wouldn't have thought, particularly if you gamble and wait until a bit after the support band have come on. It's all standing in The Ritz so it's not like you need to get a decent ticket.

Good luck.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
saw 'em last night in Glasgow, Johnny was effin brilliant! You must get along to see 'em. I'd never heard any Modest Mouse before & I probably won't bother now. But last night seeing Johnny was amazing, he looks 20 years younger & he played like 20 years ago, he was on fire!
Just get along to a gig!

love

Grim

Anyone got a spare ticket for this gig on Tue 29th and if so how much
Cheers
Graham

Just get one off a tout. It's so easy. Modest Mouse are not exactly huge, even if they have sold the venue out. I get nearly all my tickets off touts these days coz I'm too disorganised to buy in advance! It's quite simple. Only if an enormous band (e.g Oasis) are playing a tiny venue will you have to pay over the odds.

saw 'em last night in Glasgow, Johnny was effin brilliant! You must get along to see 'em. I'd never heard any Modest Mouse before & I probably won't bother now. But last night seeing Johnny was amazing, he looks 20 years younger & he played like 20 years ago, he was on fire!
Just get along to a gig!

love

Grim

I went to see them last night in Wolverhampton. The crowd was a split of MM fans and those there to see Johnny. I'd listened to the latest album a lot and some of the other stuff. Worth the trip to see JM although I found the on stage balance strange and for a band with a no.1 us album I was unimpressed.

As Grim states above Johnny shines. A couple of images attached. Support is The Crimea - worth getting an early place.

View attachment 2702

View attachment 2703

Thischarminggirl and me have tickets for Primavera Sound in Barcelona. Modest Mouse plays next friday...

Johnny Marr... We want you... :)

I%20want%20you.gif

Last edited:
Damn, i gotta get my fair share of johnny soon!!! Need to look...............

Last edited:
I quite liked the album, but I think MM is shit live. I don't know what their problem is, I was told that's the Modest Mouse way.

Also it looks like JM + Modest Mouse, rather than him being in the band.

I bet Isaac Brock would be rather annoyed by all the Smiths fans tonight.

I bet Isaac Brock would be rather annoyed by all the Smiths fans tonight.

No, without Johnny there, they would be playing at The Roadhouse or Academy 3!:eek:

Last time Johnny played at The Ritz was way back in November 82 - The Smiths first ever gig! :)

Jukebox Jury

No, without Johnny there, they would be playing at The Roadhouse or Academy 3!:eek:

Last time Johnny played at The Ritz was way back in November 82 - The Smiths first ever gig! :)

Jukebox Jury

if memory serves he played with billy bragg there in about 1989 ...

if memory serves he played with billy bragg there in about 1989 ...

Really :eek:
What I meant to say was,
''The last time Johnny played at The Ritz - apart from the time he may have played there with Billy Bragg in 1989 - was The Smiths first gig in November '82.''

I was at the gig - enjoyed it even though I had only heard one track before. A lot of it did seem a bit samey but the place was rocking on the springy floor! At one point I think there was seven of them up there playing a tune!
Nothing special of any note from Johnny seeing as it was a home town gig. By that I dont mean I expected a cover version of 'This Charming Man', but in talking or whatever, there was no special reference made.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Nothing special of any note from Johnny seeing as it was a home town gig. By that I dont mean I expected a cover version of 'This Charming Man', but in talking or whatever, there was no special reference made.

Jukebox Jury

I think he was pointing at people in the audience saying "I owe you 10 pounds and I owe you 10 pounds, I remember" or something like that. I was rather drunk though.

Anyway, JM or not, Modest Mouse is one of the most boring live bands ever!

Back
Top Bottom