Morrissey Hot Press magazine interview forthcoming (Aug. 7) and concert report - TTY

2 August 2014

Hot Press - true-to-you.net

Morrissey has been interviewed by Ireland's Hot Press magazine. It is his only interview for World Peace Is None Of Your Business, and it is available on August 7th (Thursday).
Morrissey is finalising plans for concerts in Athens (Greece), Istanbul (Turkey) and Rome (Italy), and he is hoping to include Bucharest (Romania) and Budapest (Hungary). A concert at Dublin's 02 has been finalised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it was the comment where you were outraged that Kristeen could have passed a virus onto Moz. Anyway, now I think that Moz should go to Budapest, the location of the best scene in the entire Autobiography (falling in the pool.)

No, what he has is a bunch of fans with limited reading comprehension skills and zero sense of humor - such as yourselves; always ready with the odd ad hominem, assessing complete strangers' mental capacities and intentions. I make a joking statement, which would be interpreted in that vein anywhere else, but here I'm sure to get a pair of Anonymous amateur psychologists calling me delusional instead, and, for a bonus, implying that I may be some stalker and thus a potential source of danger. I will admit, I clearly (and grossly) misjudged the climate here by posting this.

Which of my (very few) past comments are you referring to anyway, Anon#1? Surely you have not derived what you have from reading my analysis of the "Istanbul" lyrics or form my view offered in the Morrissey vs Marr/lyricist vs muso debate. Oh, never mind. I think I know. It must be the post wherein I was put out by some of the contents as well as the increasingly vile tone of the KY-off-the-tour thread that segued into a discussion of what STD's Morrissey or Kristeen might have. You're right, only an obsessed, stalking asslicker would take the stance I took.

If you want to spar with me, go read my above-mentioned two posts (as well as everyone else's in those threads), and offer your contrasting views. Granted, that will require more effort than hurling baseless ad hominems at me.

i think it cool that hes touring places that might not get to see as many shows and be as exposed to things as we are here int he more popular places for concerts. he for sure sings about these places and people on the record so why not show them the love? i thought it was cool that placebo plays some unusual places. same with the dears when they played mexico city. thought that was pretty cool.

mods should set the tone for discussion and name calling does not facilitate discussion it encourages arguments which only make the claims that they have an agenda seem more likely even if they dont. mods should be held to higher standards than some random poster.

What you need to do before anything else--especially before posting again--is to learn how to write using the standard conventions of the English language. Things such as punctuation marks and capital letters help to make one's writing easier to understand. You have zero credibility when posting like this.

On another front, the content of the writing above is almost as bad as some of the lyrics on WPINOYB.

I met boz today in Camden an he said there's not going to be a uk tour and that the Dublin date is in November.

She didn't speak, she typed. Derp.

I guess you are too simpleminded and concrete to understand what "figuratively speaking" means, so I won't try to explain.

Man, you need to get a hobby. Have you been on this site for the last three days non-stop micro penis? Now, off you. Go out and play.

I guess you are too simpleminded and concrete to understand what "figuratively speaking" means, so I won't try to explain.

Man, you need to get a hobby. Have you been on this site for the last three days non-stop micro penis? Now, off you. Go out and play.

tg;dr

Thanks for the info. Makes me wonder why people are too lazy to login though.

Didn't someone on here say (during the last tour) that he could only get insurance for a UK tour if he completed 3/4 of the us tour?

Even if he did have plans for the UK Boz probably isn't at liberty to tell a complete stranger.

Didn't someone on here say (during the last tour) that he could only get insurance for a UK tour if he completed 3/4 of the us tour?

Even if he did have plans for the UK Boz probably isn't at liberty to tell a complete stranger.

I was told that by a promoter's relative. She didn't give a percentage, she said a "large majority" of dates, and I can't actually remember if she specified the UK as the insurance problem. She may have said for a European leg or maybe just for future legs. Sorry, I can't recall exactly.

But anyway, I think you're right about Boz not saying anything to a stranger.

Rather than the usual snorefest that is the music sleb interview, I would much prefer a track by track in depth breakdown of the album, with Morrissey talking about how he wrote the songs and why. Sadly that won't happen.

I mean, amongst other things, I am itching to know why he chose to rhyme 'yard' with, um, 'yard' in 'Kiss Me A Lot'.
He did with 'bar' in 'The more you ignore me' did he not?
It can work.

Oh Steven please come and perform for the British Falkland Islands on this tour, we promise it will be meat free.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Must say I'm looking forward to finally having a World Peace interview with the man himself. Tommorrow, it's surely nearer now.....

Back
Top Bottom