Morrissey in Portland - @missbeehive1963 / Instagram

Morrissey out and about.
I love Portland, keep it weird.

41103_missbeehive1963.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey always flirted with nazi skins which is why he opted for Portland. Pouring your cereal over a skinhead girl doesn't mean he has cleaned out his personal nazi wardrobe of the past.

Send Moz to the camps and educate him or make the jewish community lecture him cause he needs it.

I think I am in mourning for that bohemian lifestyle being an affordable option for people, and the places that welcomed and enabled it. Not just here, but anywhere. If the Smiths were raised in the Manchester of today, there wouldn't have been a Smiths. Johnny would have been a coked up DJ utilizing a laptop playlist, and Morrissey would be a graphic designer and vegan lifestyle blogger.
ME TOO! in mourning. things just seemed so much easier back then. if you wanted to do something you did it and there were always people around to help you. you werent judged on the basis of whether or not you had some stodgy rigid degree. it seemed like it was so much easier to be excited about life back them, that there was so much more creative spontaneity.

ME TOO! in mourning. things just seemed so much easier back then. if you wanted to do something you did it and there were always people around to help you. you werent judged on the basis of whether or not you had some stodgy rigid degree. it seemed like it was so much easier to be excited about life back them, that there was so much more creative spontaneity.

Just cause you cannot get a real education doesn't mean the world was better back then. You live in a fantasy world and I bet you sport a see through umbrella wherever you go even when it does not rain.

It's a code. It is a way to say "this person's viewpoint doesn't count but I'm not qualified to explain why. Please let me continue on in my ignorance."
Which is basically exactly what you're saying here.

You know exactly what I'm saying but you're choosing to be awkward. Are you bored?

I'm saying there is hypocrisy in the I'm gonna use this term but you can't and it's become like a fascist planet where a certain select few get to choose what is right and wrong.
Where are we headed? What does this egalitarian paradise look like? Everyone is the same but different, everyone has to say the same things all the time?
To me, judging by the way it is already now, it is a cold, desperate, sad and lonely place and I don't wanna live there.

Let's clarify:
If you are invited to the Bilderberg Group, it is speculated you are allowed to speak your mind with no repercussions for the betterment and advancement of 'society'.

This is a '.com' website where we discuss a musician and associated topics we all have some vested interest in, whether good or bad.

The reality is, some topics just don't belong on this website. It's distasteful and disturbing and disrespectful.

You know exactly what I'm saying but you're choosing to be awkward. Are you bored?

I'm saying there is hypocrisy in the I'm gonna use this term but you can't and it's become like a fascist planet where a certain select few get to choose what is right and wrong.
Where are we headed? What does this egalitarian paradise look like? Everyone is the same but different, everyone has to say the same things all the time?
To me, judging by the way it is already now, it is a cold, desperate, sad and lonely place and I don't wanna live there.

I fear we're heading to a world described in "1984" by George Orwell.
Or "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.

Like Steve Miller once sang:
"We're travelling fast
from a dream of the past
To the brave new world "

"I'm gonna use this term but you can't" sounds like the argument some people have about the way some black people use a certain word that starts with the letter n. It's almost as if they want to be able to say "n*****" and have a quick way to take away the voice of anyone that would protest.
You can say "bitch." It's not illegal. You can refer to anyone any way you like. What you can't do is stop other people from having an opinion on it and calling them "Politically Correct" doesn't help your case.

I agree that there are people who go out of their way to find something to be offended about and some of them want to actually make laws that would impact free speech. But when this woman calls herself a bitch and people have a discussion about it that doesn't stop her from continuing to call herself a bitch. It is an examination of the way language is used. I don't understand how that makes you feel the world is a cold place. No one has taken away your ability to say what you feel is right or wrong. I'm simply saying that labeling something "Politically Correct" is a semantics trick designed to shut people down and say that their opinion doesn't count.

:rolleyes:

Just watch the Communist News Network (CNN) for 10 minutes if you want to know what PC is. JEEZ.

"I'm gonna use this term but you can't" sounds like the argument some people have about the way some black people use a certain word that starts with the letter n. It's almost as if they want to be able to say "n*****" and have a quick way to take away the voice of anyone that would protest.
You can say "bitch." It's not illegal. You can refer to anyone any way you like. What you can't do is stop other people from having an opinion on it and calling them "Politically Correct" doesn't help your case.

I agree that there are people who go out of their way to find something to be offended about and some of them want to actually make laws that would impact free speech. But when this woman calls herself a bitch and people have a discussion about it that doesn't stop her from continuing to call herself a bitch. It is an examination of the way language is used. I don't understand how that makes you feel the world is a cold place. No one has taken away your ability to say what you feel is right or wrong. I'm simply saying that labeling something "Politically Correct" is a semantics trick designed to shut people down and say that their opinion doesn't count.

It is politically correct (and hypocritical) to say she can call herself bitch (because it so damn coooool to do so) but anybody else calling her a bitch is wrong. Anything else you want to pick up on?

Reckon it's John Maher's birthday today. Do you people think it is just a coincidence Uncle Steve is playing John Maher's hometown today. You people should keep an eye out in the crowd. I have been hearing things down at the Marquis.

Reckon it's John Maher's birthday today. Do you people think it is just a coincidence Uncle Steve is playing John Maher's hometown today. You people should keep an eye out in the crowd. I have been hearing things down at the Marquis.

Coincidence.
Johnny is certainly not going to be in the audience. Not even in disguise. Going through all that on his birthday, meh. He can have a very nice and happy birthday party at home.

There might be a possibility of course he is invited before to be on stage by Moz to do one of their legendary Smiths songs.
You never know. They have a bond, from the past.
They don't hate eachother, so it could.
Remember, "Forgive Someone"? :thumb:
Not talking about the drummer!

They don’t let trailer park kids into the Marquis, do you hear thing while parking cars?

It is politically correct (and hypocritical) to say she can call herself bitch (because it so damn coooool to do so) but anybody else calling her a bitch is wrong. Anything else you want to pick up on?
What do you want? What is your goal here?
You want her not to call herself a bitch?
You want others to be allowed to call her a bitch?
both? neither?
rhetorical question btw. It's not going to reach any conclusion because you cling to the belief that you alone can know what is correct, who is trying to be cool, what is hypocritical, and so on. If you want to say she's a bitch just say it.

Back
Top Bottom