Morrissey injured - out of hospital

Indeed. It's sad when anyone you care for gets hurt.

P.

So if you care, why do you keep coming here since it became a Haters' site? (Ooops, I mean DavidT's idea of a free speech site, never mind that every news story quickly degenerates into personal attacks on Morrissey by the usual suspects. Any other site would summarily remove people like that for being trolls, yet DavidT, who was thrown out of a gig, accommodates them with open arms, citing "free speech". Funny that).

Sounds like he got the crap kicked out of him...maybe he got a little to "mouthy" outside a Burger King.

so many bad words said about moz on here,it sickens me,so many gelous people,makes me laugh.
get well soon moz.

So if you care, why do you keep coming here since it became a Haters' site? (Ooops, I mean DavidT's idea of a free speech site, never mind that every news story quickly degenerates into personal attacks on Morrissey by the usual suspects. Any other site would summarily remove people like that for being trolls, yet DavidT, who was thrown out of a gig, accommodates them with open arms, citing "free speech". Funny that).

Shut up!

That’s right assholes, kick him some more. Maybe you would have preferred to read that he was killed? You’d like that wouldn’t you? Nasty bunch of shitheads.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.

so many bad words said about moz on here,it sickens me,so many gelous people,makes me laugh.
get well soon moz.

WUqPXgn.jpg

P.

It always amazes me to see people on here who would prefer this site to be purely for Moz-adolation. I don't think, from the very beginning, that was EVER the intent, nor should it be. This site, IMO, should be for ALL discourse on Morrissey, be that validated news, rumour, support, criticism, whatever. This is, essentially, our "one-stop-shop" for all things Moz regardless. Sure, it is healthy to moderate to a SMALL degree to keep the vandals in check , and certainly some of the discourse is better suited to the Forum than underneathe news items, but it should ALL be allowed here. The fact that someone wishes to discuss their opinion that Moz has lost his luster recently due to things like his Autobiogrpahy does not make them a "hater", it just means they are in a different stage of their fandom, and no less welcome for it.

It always amazes me to see people on here who would prefer this site to be purely for Moz-adolation. I don't think, from the very beginning, that was EVER the intent, nor should it be. This site, IMO, should be for ALL discourse on Morrissey, be that validated news, rumour, support, criticism, whatever. This is, essentially, our "one-stop-shop" for all things Moz regardless. Sure, it is healthy to moderate to a SMALL degree to keep the vandals in check , and certainly some of the discourse is better suited to the Forum than underneathe news items, but it should ALL be allowed here. The fact that someone wishes to discuss their opinion that Moz has lost his luster recently due to things like his Autobiogrpahy does not make them a "hater", it just means they are in a different stage of their fandom, and no less welcome for it.

The person who makes posts in the context of "how can you visit THIS site, SOLOWWWWWWWW" is in my opinion, the same f***ing person over and over and over. It's their schtick. The f*** Solo shirt was the greatest day of their life and it was all downhill from there, it's all they can cling to. But solo posters are the sad ones. *rolleyes* (There's no S, brumf***. Take a f***ing emoticon spelling course.)

The problem is that a few of those labeled as haters aren't engaging in intelligent debate; they are making vile, vulgar comments against an artist on a site that was once proclaimed as that artist's unofficial fansite, a title that would suggest that most people reading and posting are doing so because they share a common admiration. It is one thing to question the reasoning behind Morrissey's public comments or to critique his new material; it is completely different when the same few people (possibly one with multiple identities, as has been suggested on more than one ocassion) make disgusting homophobic remarks or revel in the thought of Morrissey's demise. This negative obsession with Morrissey is disturbing and is not dissimilar to the love-hate relationship that Chapman had with Lennon. These posters use the shield of "freedom of speech", but that freedom was instituted so that people would be protected from political and religious persecution; it was never meant as protection for a delusional, pathetic loser to post hours worth of incoherent and repulsive remarks on a website. More importantly, these posters have been repeatedly asked, yet have failed to give any plausible reason for doing so. Their comments will never change Morrissey, nor will they change any rational person's view of M. Sane people will choose to follow Morrissey as long as they find his work inspiring or comforting; if the time comes when it doesn't, then they will move on to something else. So, the only likely reasons for posting constantly on the fansite of an artist that you seem to hate are a desperate need for attention, a personal vendetta against the artist, or some inexplicable need to try to diminish something that makes others happy, all of which are deplorable.

Again, I have to ask: why would anyone spend one single minute posting on a site dedicated to an artist that he/she no longer admires? Time is fleeting and shouldn't be wasted on negative pursuits. I hate Brussel sprouts with a blazing white passion; but I am certainly not going to attend a sprout festival and tell everyone there that their viewpoint is completely wrong. That mind-set is unhealthy and unproductive.

lynnda

The problem is that a few of those labeled as haters aren't engaging in intelligent debate; they are making vile, vulgar comments against an artist on a site that was once proclaimed as that artist's unofficial fansite, a title that would suggest that most people reading and posting are doing so because they share a common admiration. It is one thing to question the reasoning behind Morrissey's public comments or to critique his new material; it is completely different when the same few people (possibly one with multiple identities, as has been suggested on more than one ocassion) make disgusting homophobic remarks or revel in the thought of Morrissey's demise. This negative obsession with Morrissey is disturbing and is not dissimilar to the love-hate relationship that Chapman had with Lennon. These posters use the shield of "freedom of speech", but that freedom was instituted so that people would be protected from political and religious persecution; it was never meant as protection for a delusional, pathetic loser to post hours worth of incoherent and repulsive remarks on a website. More importantly, these posters have been repeatedly asked, yet have failed to give any plausible reason for doing so. Their comments will never change Morrissey, nor will they change any rational person's view of M. Sane people will choose to follow Morrissey as long as they find his work inspiring or comforting; if the time comes when it doesn't, then they will move on to something else. So, the only likely reasons for posting constantly on the fansite of an artist that you seem to hate are a desperate need for attention, a personal vendetta against the artist, or some inexplicable need to try to diminish something that makes others happy, all of which are deplorable.

Again, I have to ask: why would anyone spend one single minute posting on a site dedicated to an artist that he/she no longer admires? Time is fleeting and shouldn't be wasted on negative pursuits. I hate Brussel sprouts with a blazing white passion; but I am certainly not going to attend a sprout festival and tell everyone there that their viewpoint is completely wrong. That mind-set is unhealthy and unproductive.

lynnda

Either you want free comment or you don't. There are places you can go for nothing but fluffy kind words. As a performer, If you're expecting the public to part with their money for your product, you're an idiot if you expect nothing but praise. Would you rather have someone say to Morrissey after a clearly substandard effort "That was brilliant", or are you the kind of person to speak your mind, regardless of the fandom spectacles? As a performer you should expect everything. And by everything, I mean if it's not actionable, then it's comment. You may not like it, he may not like it, but that's how it is.

P.

The person who makes posts in the context of "how can you visit THIS site, SOLOWWWWWWWW" is in my opinion, the same f***ing person over and over and over. It's their schtick. The f*** Solo shirt was the greatest day of their life and it was all downhill from there, it's all they can cling to. But solo posters are the sad ones. *rolleyes* (There's no S, brumf***. Take a f***ing emoticon spelling course.)

I must say I wasn't even following the Autobiography thread and did not know what this was in reference to. I am now, and so much poorer for the knowledge. :(

Either you want free comment or you don't. There are places you can go for nothing but fluffy kind words. As a performer, If you're expecting the public to part with their money for your product, you're an idiot if you expect nothing but praise. Would you rather have someone say to Morrissey after a clearly substandard effort "That was brilliant", or are you the kind of person to speak your mind, regardless of the fandom spectacles? As a performer you should expect everything. And by everything, I mean if it's not actionable, then it's comment. You may not like it, he may not like it, but that's how it is.

P.

Did you actually read my post? I am not endorsing only"fluffy" commentary, but there are certain people who cross the line with vulgar, off-topic statements. How many times has a thread been hi-jacked by someone who insists on posting rambling nonsense, or worse, disgusting homophobic references that have nothing to do with the original headline? Please tell me how this can be justified as constructive criticism or intelligent debate. It can't. Yes, everyone has the right to speak his/her mind, but that right comes with a certain level of responsibility. I wouldn't expect someone to fawn over Morrissey's work insincerely, but I would also hope that someone who feels the need to criticize that work would not intentionally do so in the most vile, hateful, hurtful manner. You can disagree without turning it into a vicious attack, but that seems to be extremely rare on this site. More importantly, I wasn't questioning anyone's right to make negative comments here, I was questioning the motivation; and no one ever seems to have a reasonable response to that question. It's always "It's my right, it's freedom of speech", but that it is a cliche, blanket response that does not accurately address the question. Why devote so much time to someone that you no longer find enjoyable?

P.

Your comprehension of Lynnda's post is pitiful, "P".

lynnda

Well said! :thumb:

Did you actually read my post? I am not endorsing only"fluffy" commentary, but there are certain people who cross the line with vulgar, off-topic statements. How many times has a thread been hi-jacked by someone who insists on posting rambling nonsense, or worse, disgusting homophobic references that have nothing to do with the original headline? Please tell me how this can be justified as constructive criticism or intelligent debate. It can't. Yes, everyone has the right to speak his/her mind, but that right comes with a certain level of responsibility. I wouldn't expect someone to fawn over Morrissey's work insincerely, but I would also hope that someone who feels the need to criticize that work would not intentionally do so in the most vile, hateful, hurtful manner. You can disagree without turning it into a vicious attack, but that seems to be extremely rare on this site. More importantly, I wasn't questioning anyone's right to make negative comments here, I was questioning the motivation; and no one ever seems to have a reasonable response to that question. It's always "It's my right, it's freedom of speech", but that it is a cliche, blanket response that does not accurately address the question. Why devote so much time to someone that you no longer find enjoyable?

(deleted the lot!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: )

Im not banned just yet! :)

Last edited:

How can you possibly know whether I enjoy helping out here or not? You couldn't be more wrong.

As for the 'blanket response that does not accurately address the question' - maybe you then have some suggestions as to how to control the site more to your liking - how would you go about it?

As for peoples' motivation for posting what they do - we can question and rationalise all day long, but it won't change what they post. By the way, do you think Youtube are responsible for, or agree with, all comments made on their site? Do you think a newspaper agrees with the sentiments of a story by the very act of reporting on it? Not asking in response to your points, I'm interested in your view.

P.

Last edited:
Someone that has a personal beef with Morrissey that they have some emotional investment in, as ridiculous as that obviously is, still cares about him.

How can you possibly know whether I enjoy helping out here or not? You couldn't be more wrong.

As for the 'blanket response that does not accurately address the question' - maybe you then have some suggestions as to how to control the site more to your liking - how would you go about it?

As for peoples' motivation for posting what they do - we can question and rationalise all day long, but it won't change what they post. By the way, do you think Youtube are responsible for, or agree with, all comments made on their site? Do you think a newspaper agrees with the sentiments of a story by the very act of reporting on it? Not asking in response to your points, I'm interested in your view.

P.
I'm not expecting a solution; I understand that becoming more restrictive with posting would eliminate valid concerns or criticisms, not to mention that it would be impossible to regulate because, as you stated recently, people are free to post anonymously and could easily shield their identity. My dismay isn't with the way the site is run, it's with the general depravity of some of the posters who frequent it. I sincerely believe that they have little interest in Morrissey or his career; they have just found a site where the posters are very passionate about a particular subject, which makes them easy targets for torment. My post was a criticism of the lack of compassion that seems prevalent, and I know that there is no way to moderate that.

Back
Top Bottom