Morrissey interview in The Columbus Dispatch

Re: New interview in The Columbus Dispatch

Thanks Peter, very nice interview.

Agree totally with his thoughts about solitude and it was interesting to hear him talk about the flipside of fame, worried that people would film him going about his daily life. I can't believe he read his own Wikipedia article(!).

I agree..... but think of it this way. When you were 18-22 yrs., what were you listening to and what artists were you going to see live? I bet it wasn't a 53 year old guy.

Age is irrelevant for Morrissey. His stage was just invaded days ago by a 10 year old kid for god's sake!

“Whatever my view of life, I’ve never been cliched,”

"I’d accept life’s glass as it is: half-empty or half-full and mind my own business."

Oh Moz....

"Obama ought to have handed the baton to Hillary Clinton. But people never give up power, do they?"

Laughed pretty hard at this. Hillary is further to the right and more hawkish than even Romney. If Hillary was president we'd already be at war with Iran.

It's pretty bleak. Especially for any American who hopes to someday see a president who isn't a barbaric, chest-beating monster when it comes to foreign policy.

I agree..... but think of it this way. When you were 18-22 yrs., what were you listening to and what artists were you going to see live? I bet it wasn't a 53 year old guy.

No, you're right. I was going to see Frank Sinatra. He was 74.

"Obama ought to have handed the baton to Hillary Clinton. But people never give up power, do they?"

Laughed pretty hard at this. Hillary is further to the right and more hawkish than even Romney. If Hillary was president we'd already be at war with Iran.

It's pretty bleak. Especially for any American who hopes to someday see a president who isn't a barbaric, chest-beating monster when it comes to foreign policy.

Agreed - didn't find that Hilary remark to be Moz at his most thoughtful. Having said that though , loved the querying of spousal speeches in politics. I've never understood how a partner's publicly aired good opinion of the candidate achieves anything other than nausea in the electorate ...

Thanks Skinny - it's a pleasure to have a Moz interview regularly turning up ... whets my appetite for the autobiography.

Last edited:
Journalists are so damn lazy... Asking the same damn questions for 20+ years... This journalist lost me with the first line of the piece, which foreshadowed the "Pope of Mope" reference. Are you kidding me? Is it any wonder traditional media is going down the drain? Lazy, stupid interview. Nothing new, here.

And does anyone really believe there's an autobiography being written (let alone completed!)? And if so, does anyone really believe Morrissey will let out anything in any other way that he's let things out over the past 30 years???? IF there's a book, it will be coy, ambiguous, albeit very witty. And we'll learn nothing more than we already know. Thank God.

Dewdrop is right. Either way, it'll be entertaining. Keep the mystique.

One of his better interviews in a long time in my opinion, bereft of any animal cruelty rhetoric. Any who, can't wait to be in Columbus for the show. It'll be my first time seeing him. Ecstatic.

Yeah...it was a 35 year old one.

Journalists are so damn lazy... Asking the same damn questions for 20+ years... This journalist lost me with the first line of the piece, which foreshadowed the "Pope of Mope" reference. Are you kidding me? Is it any wonder traditional media is going down the drain? Lazy, stupid interview. Nothing new, here.

And does anyone really believe there's an autobiography being written (let alone completed!)? And if so, does anyone really believe Morrissey will let out anything in any other way that he's let things out over the past 30 years???? IF there's a book, it will be coy, ambiguous, albeit very witty. And we'll learn nothing more than we already know. Thank God.

thanks-captain-obvious-380x265.png

Re: New interview in The Columbus Dispatch

There's been a few times now where Morrissey is really acknowledging being single and of being alone most of the time. For all of Morrissey's influence and fame, his circle of true friends is tiny. Not all of us are lucky to have a bus load of friends. It's reassuring to know that it's ok to be by yourself even when you're older.

I agree but I think Moz has discussed those things all his life, really. It's such a part of his public image that even if he wasn't single, he wouldn't talk about it. As for the circle of friends, I don't think any of us can really know. Judging by the amount of people who turned up for his 50th I'd say he has a fair whack more than most people, but who really knows what goes on behind closed doors - who he thinks he can trust?

Oh FFS leave it alone!

Are we now brushing cruelty to animals under the carpet ? sheep have feelings as well you know!

Oh the silence of the fans ! (Especially those in New-Zealand the home of slashing throats without stunning).

I'm really suprised he is going to play there after all his preaching

Only a black lesbian mother could ever be the right president for America.

That would call for a drastic lyric change in America is not the World, a president who is black, female and gay.

His Michelle comment made me laugh, but I do agree with him on the subject.
Michelle visiting places, doing long speeches about her husband and politics isn't necessary imo.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom