Morrissey interview in Vegan Logic

• Thread starter Roberto Ferdenzi
  • Start date
It's not a question of left and right, I find the whole definition and positioning tiresome. It's a question of accountability, corruption and the level of actual democracy that we have.

You always seem to think my anger at what we have is to do with my political positioning, it really isn't. I think as individuals and collectively we need as much autonomy as possible and with every year that passes I think we have less and less. I don't have a problem with Capitalism as such but I do with abuses of power. Is an abuse of power worse if it's by a Communist or a Capitalist? I don't see any difference.

These are conspiracy theories, Charlie. What you think of as abuses of power are almost always at very worst good old fashioned incompetence mixed with a healthy dose of greed, and as both of those traits are intrinsic to the human psyche we are stuck with them.

Take the markets for example. Brown's much vaunted end to boom and bust was arrant nonsense not because he may have failed. It was nonsense because for all the highly paid city experts the truth is nobody really knows how the markets work. If they did it would always work perfectly. What is known is that for the most part it does trundle along quite nicely before readjusting itself, occasionally with disastrous results.

It is a matter of left and right partly because that is the vernacular we use. Brand, that smack addled chancer, and his recently converted acolyte Morrissey are advocating essentially a hippy leftist claptrap. They have not espoused anything that has not been discussed from ancient Athens to Haight-Ashbury. In Morrissey's case it is additionally bizarre because of his previously revealed beliefs.

Morrissey makes the mistake of watching the news more than he looks out of his window. Just because there is death and destruction piped live into our living rooms does not mean the world today is more dangerous or unequal. In fact the reverse is true. The world is becoming less violent and slowly more prosperous.

It doesn't help that Morrissey's penchant for bullshit hyperbole permeates his recent communications in both word and music. Quotes such as "If you are seen on the streets in England you must always account for why you are outside – I don’t mean politically, I just mean generally. In America, anyone walking along the street is thought to be up to no good." is simply nonsense and not the day to day experience of the general populace. (It is interesting how he talks of England and not Britain. A very deliberate choice of words it seems to me, and very typical of his continued loathing of the country which allowed him to live in peace and relative comfort.) To put the cherry on the cake he tells this to someone from Turkey, a nation still redecorating after the recent political unrest.

He talks of Assad. We made the same mistake with Assad as we did with Saddam and Gaddafi. We should have let them continue to repress their people, who broadly speaking appear so utterly ignorant it was the only way to contain them. Now we have picked the scab off the real problem in the Middle East and Islam, and it isn't Israel or Palestine. It is that the Sunni and Shia have unfinished business from thirteen centuries ago. The solution is for them to kill each other until they grow tired of it or one side emerges triumphant.

Morrissey believes all the world's ills originate on desks in Whitehall or Washington. He is an absolute imbecile.

Re: Morrissey: "the last thing security forces ever want is peaceful protest"

Pardon me. I do not have 20/20 vision because I have a vagina.

[/bitter]
I must be thick cos I don't get what you mean. Anyway I'm happy with my bottle of 'Smithwicks Pale Ale' and The Kinks on Vintage TV channel. And a great Elmore Leonard novel for when a crap band comes on. And a Moz ticket to look forward to next Friday. Good to be above ground even if life is a pigsty.

These are conspiracy theories, Charlie. What you think of as abuses of power are almost always at very worst good old fashioned incompetence mixed with a healthy dose of greed, and as both of those traits are intrinsic to the human psyche we are stuck with them.

Take the markets for example. Brown's much vaunted end to boom and bust was arrant nonsense not because he may have failed. It was nonsense because for all the highly paid city experts the truth is nobody really knows how the markets work. If they did it would always work perfectly. What is known is that for the most part it does trundle along quite nicely before readjusting itself, occasionally with disastrous results.

It is a matter of left and right partly because that is the vernacular we use. Brand, that smack addled chancer, and his recently converted acolyte Morrissey are advocating essentially a hippy leftist claptrap. They have not espoused anything that has not been discussed from ancient Athens to Haight-Ashbury. In Morrissey's case it is additionally bizarre because of his previously revealed beliefs.

Morrissey makes the mistake of watching the news more than he looks out of his window. Just because there is death and destruction piped live into our living rooms does not mean the world today is more dangerous or unequal. In fact the reverse is true. The world is becoming less violent and slowly more prosperous.

It doesn't help that Morrissey's penchant for bullshit hyperbole permeates his recent communications in both word and music. Quotes such as "If you are seen on the streets in England you must always account for why you are outside – I don’t mean politically, I just mean generally. In America, anyone walking along the street is thought to be up to no good." is simply nonsense and not the day to day experience of the general populace. (It is interesting how he talks of England and not Britain. A very deliberate choice of words it seems to me, and very typical of his continued loathing of the country which allowed him to live in peace and relative comfort.) To put the cherry on the cake he tells this to someone from Turkey, a nation still redecorating after the recent political unrest.

He talks of Assad. We made the same mistake with Assad as we did with Saddam and Gaddafi. We should have let them continue to repress their people, who broadly speaking appear so utterly ignorant it was the only way to contain them. Now we have picked the scab off the real problem in the Middle East and Islam, and it isn't Israel or Palestine. It is that the Sunni and Shia have unfinished business from thirteen centuries ago. The solution is for them to kill each other until they grow tired of it or one side emerges triumphant.

Morrissey believes all the world's ills originate on desks in Whitehall or Washington. He is an absolute imbecile.

What on Earth are you blathering on about Barleycorn?

The politicians you vote for are bent. They're owned by the money men and make no mistake, it's those fellas that dictate policy, not us.

We're living in corrupt times, it's not conspiracy but when something stares you in the face you don't want to see it. That's because you like who's in power. Check your post, when it was a Labour Government in power you can pick apart their bullshit. Take your Tory goggles off and look at this lot and they're no different, worse even. We have NO CHOICE but to keep electing them over and over. That's the problem, when they privatise one of our last big assets on the cheap and cash in on the shares, we have no way of holding them to account. When their policies lead to the biggest recession in living memory and normal people have to pick up the bill for a few gamblers while they continue to pick up their millions a year, we have no way of holding them to account. When they limit housing building to make it look like the country is doing well by inflating housing prices, we have no way of holding them to account. When they control the flow of money and employment to ensure that the population never gets too powerful through having true freedom because they have money in their pockets or freedom of movement in employment we have no way of holding them to account. etc, etc, etc.

We have no way of holding them to account. They're all corrupt, they all don't give a f*** what we think, they're all up the arse of big business, they're all the same. Voting for them only tells them it's ok to carry on.

Obviously you're somebody who believes that all of the above is great which is why you're arguing for it. For those of us who don't sign up to corruption it'd be nice to have a democratic system to counter it.

Can someone give me all the details regarding this pic? :love:

securedownload.jpg

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Isn't that the adult version of "the dog ate my homework"?

Yeah, the dog eating your homework is impossible to deal with. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, on the other hand, sounds like a walk in the park:

Symptoms of CFS include malaise after exertion; unrefreshing sleep, widespread muscle and joint pain, sore throat, headaches of a type not previously experienced, cognitive difficulties, chronic and severe mental and physical exhaustion, and other characteristic symptoms in a previously healthy and active person. Additional symptoms may be reported, including muscle weakness, increased sensitivity to light, sounds and smells, orthostatic intolerance, digestive disturbances, depression, painful and often slightly swollen lymph nodes, cardiac and respiratory problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/basics/symptoms/con-20022009

Oh, are you also the guy who sees no difference between Clinical Depression and occasional sadness?

Can someone give me all the details regarding this pic? :love:

securedownload.jpg

Wasn't this taken in Rome as part of the Ringleader interviews? I've seen that t-shirt before with that jacket but be damned if I can remember exactly where. NME rag interview possibly? Yes. An unpublished photo from an NME interview for Ringleader. I think it was a two part interview, both very short but with great pics.

Last edited:
"I’m not going to ask you anything about the Harvest drama because you already explained it perfectly. "

The interview then turns into a huge beating stick with witch he continually thumps Harvest Records, democratic society, voting, the United Kingdumb oh yes don't forget to (YAAAWWWWWWWN) thump the Royal family.
Basically the boring bastard interviewed himself in the mirror, either that or the person interviewing was handed the Qs prior to the interview.
Very Saville esque I thought.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You know his political and social views prior to reading, so why do you do it. Better yet, why do you do it than post. There were no surprises in the interview. We all know that.

Wasn't this taken in Rome as part of the Ringleader interviews? I've seen that t-shirt before with that jacket but be damned if I can remember exactly where. NME rag interview possibly? Yes. An unpublished photo from an NME interview for Ringleader. I think it was a two part interview, both very short but with great pics.

Thanks Action! :)

How's that working out for you?

Firstly, the arse-licking questions were sickening. There's a famous 1950s BBC television interview with then Prime Minister Harold MacMillan which was similarly obsequious. It wasn't quite "Prime Minister, why are you so great?" but it wasn't far off. I'd love to see a Morrissey interview with a proper heavyweight, professional journalist, rather than these muso idiots. My sense is Morrissey would run a mile. He talks about big issues but only ever in a small way.

I don't understand why Morrissey and his mentor Brand seem to think 500 or 5,000 or 50,000 or 500,000 people demonstrating for something must suddenly and immediately void the democratic will of the majority. Morrissey struggles with the concept of democracy itself. It is compromise on a vast scale, and the nature of compromise is no-one is really happy. It is an imperfect system which has the advantage of working better than the alternatives.

Morrissey, ever politically confused, thinks the world should be run by anarchists and his own entourage run as his personal fiefdom. He should practice what he preaches. Even Jim Jones had the balls to do that.

Please read this slow and carefully. Morrissey was ASKED a question and he responded with his opinion. You then completely at your own will decided to read that article and his opinion. You getting it, so far so good..ok...here is the kicker...no one asked you for your opinion. This forum is not a forum about you and your opinion. If you have a different opinion on social and political views, keep it to yourself. No one comes here to read about your opinion. We come here to read about Morrissey, weither we agree or not, we understand its his opinion. I can understand you saying you don't agree, but to go on and share why and what you think is not what we come here for.

Thanks...

Perhaps he lied about the chronic fatigue syndrome? He was forthcoming about all of his ailments when he was justifying he cancellations. Surely he would have taken this out of his pocket as well.

Please read this slow and carefully. Morrissey was ASKED a question and he responded with his opinion. You then completely at your own will decided to read that article and his opinion. You getting it, so far so good..ok...here is the kicker...no one asked you for your opinion. This forum is not a forum about you and your opinion. If you have a different opinion on social and political views, keep it to yourself. No one comes here to read about your opinion. We come here to read about Morrissey, weither we agree or not, we understand its his opinion. I can understand you saying you don't agree, but to go on and share why and what you think is not what we come here for.

Thanks...

I don't agree. Moz news is on the main page. Comments on those threads are usually people's opinions. I like reading different opinions. It's why I am awake at 1.40am when I should be asleep. f*** it. I'm going to bed.

Thanks...

People actually do come here to read other people's opinions. You're aware of what a forum actually is right?

Perhaps he lied about the chronic fatigue syndrome? He was forthcoming about all of his ailments when he was justifying he cancellations. Surely he would have taken this out of his pocket as well.

If he really does have chronic fatigue syndrome, I just read an article on Elephant Journal about high levels of yeast in our diets and how it contributes to symptoms similar to CFS and strikes diabetics in particular...if he's diabetic. Or borderline diabetic. Anyway, in short they recommended probiotics to sort out the yeast issue and to cut waaaaaaay down on awesome stuff like cakes and cookies and bread, so no easy fix.

Not a very compelling or witty interview but it IS an interview with Moz which is better than the sound of silence in the media. Nothing new really that Moz hasn't squawked or hinted at in his TTY missives. It's interesting that he name drops Alice Cooper & the Strokes in the same interview but Moz's patented wit is definitely missing as he sounds like he'll fall over in earnestness (why so important?).

Back
Top Bottom