Morrissey is a very naughty man!

Maurice E

During the 2004 tour he kept saying stuff like "there is goodbye and there is farewell but this is farewell" and dropping all kinds of hints that he was calling it a day. What a ham!

It's the end of the ROTT tour; that's all. He wants to record a new album. It could mean no more concerts for a year and a half, like at the end of the 'Who Ate Me Curry' tour.

The biggest tragedy of this announcement is that he will not be touring the the current setlist over here in the UK/Europe. It's his best setlist for years and years. Tons of Smiths/early solo and a smattering of unreleased songs which I think are surprisingly good.

His setlists always get better as more time passes from the release of the current album, as he dips further into his back catalogue (the 99 and 02 tours were top notch for that reason). The next tour will inevitably feature 9 or 10 songs off a (potentially underwhelming) new album and a smattering of old stuff with probably no unreleased songs.

My biggest regret is that I may not get to hear the best song of all time, 'The Boy With the Thorn in His Side', played live...

Last edited:
During the 2004 tour he kept saying stuff like "there is goodbye and there is farewell but this is farewell" and dropping all kinds of hints that he was calling it a day. What a ham!

It's the end of the ROTT tour; that's all. He wants to record a new album. It could mean no more concerts for a year and a half, like at the end of the 'Who Ate Me Curry' tour.

The biggest tragedy of this announcement is that he will not be touring the the current setlist over here in the UK/Europe. It's his best setlist for years and years. Tons of Smiths/early solo and a smattering of unreleased songs which I think are surprisingly good.

His setlists always get better as more time passes from the release of the current album, as he dips further into his back catalogue (the 99 and 02 tours were top notch for that reason). The next tour will inevitably feature 9 or 10 songs off a (potentially underwhelming) new album and a smattering of old stuff with probably no unreleased songs.

My biggest regret is that I may not get to hear the best song of all time, 'The Boy With the Thorn in His Side', played live...

Yes I was at Earls Court when he said that, everyone was jumping to conclusions about it, some even cried! Thankfully it was Moz just being Moz eh!

I'm still hoping he'll descend upon is at x-mas time, please please please Moz, c'mon home, it'll be lonely this christmas without you to hold (& be dragged off screaming) :)

love

Grim

Morrissey could say "see ya" at the end of a gig and some of his fans would spend weeks speculating if that meant he's retiring.

Honestly, "Boy With a Thorn" was a little underwhelming when he did it. I saw him in Indy and it was a great show, but the song was in the middle of the set, he seemed tired and it was really slowed down. Not what I had envisioned...

That being said, The Queen Is Dead was SPOT ON. As were the rest...

Anyone notice the press release uses the hated word "fans". :eek: :p Obviously Morrissey didn't have a massive hand in writing it!

Anyone notice the press release uses the hated word "fans". :eek: :p Obviously Morrissey didn't have a massive hand in writing it!

Yeah is the first thing I noticed. I rarely say fans, (admirers sounds way better, and not patronizing/degrading)...
He hates it. Julia must be whipping herself Opus Dei style now..."FORGIVE ME LORD MAWRESSEY, FORGIVE ME!" *shwoosh* "AAAAGHHHH...pain..good...."

ha ha ha! :p

Cassius is a very naughty girl.

Cassius is a girl??? Here all this time I've been thinking Cassius is a guy. You know, as in Cassius Clay. What a strange world...

Cassius is a girl??? Here all this time I've been thinking Cassius is a guy. You know, as in Cassius Clay. What a strange world...

You should check "Members pics" thread on off-topic.
Cassi is as pretty as Christina Ricci. :)

Yeah is the first thing I noticed. I rarely say fans, (admirers sounds way better, and not patronizing/degrading)...
He hates it. Julia must be whipping herself Opus Dei style now..."FORGIVE ME LORD MAWRESSEY, FORGIVE ME!" *shwoosh* "AAAAGHHHH...pain..good...."

But seriously Pandora, why would Julia write a press release? I don't think she wrote that. I am thinking it would have come from managment or press officer something like that. Of course I am guessing.

Julia is only asked to post news on true-to-you, has no authority to correct some words in the statement sent to her.

I thought this thread was started by a Mike Joyce fan....

But seriously Pandora, why would Julia write a press release? I don't think she wrote that. I am thinking it would have come from managment or press officer something like that. Of course I am guessing.

Of course it comes from a press office. People get paid to write things like that.

Isn't she like the Editor In Chief of TTY?
I just thought the imagery would be funny. There's no validity to my assumptions at all. As always...

Isn't she like the Editor In Chief of TTY?
I just thought the imagery would be funny. There's no validity to my assumptions at all. As always...

yes she owns/runs the site whatever it is lol, and good luck to her, she does very occasionally get little snippets from his mozness which one person posts here and then noone looks at TTY.... :p

Back
Top Bottom