Morrissey joins call for enquiry into animal suffering at Imperial College London

Yes, thank God that people like Morrissey exist. News like this is always disturbing. With all that we know...with just common knowledge and love and respect...how can anyone deliberately harm, injure or kill another living creature? How do these people sleep?

Yes, thank God that people like Morrissey exist. News like this is always disturbing. With all that we know...with just common knowledge and love and respect...how can anyone deliberately harm, injure or kill another living creature? How do these people sleep?

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better ... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
Woody Allen

Don't want to trivialise it, but I think that's how they sleep at night. Bad people don't care, hence they sleep like babies

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better ... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
Woody Allen

Don't want to trivialise it, but I think that's how they sleep at night. Bad people don't care, hence they sleep like babies

If you were part of a research team which used animal testing to help eradicate Smallpox, Polio, Malaria or, I don't know... Barrett's oesophagus, for example, would you be a good person or bad?

I agree with pretty much all of this, particularly hunting for sport, and I'm sure the average man on the Clapham omnibus would too, which only leaves us to ask specifically in case of medicine or the food supply, what is the alternative? As we stand there is none. Whether we like it or not animal testing in particular will remain a cornerstone of medical science and we are as far away from alternatives as we have ever been.

We can all say it's awful and mean it, until our loved ones or ourselves need treatment. Then it remains awful, but necessary.

Thanks for your agreement.
However animal testing is NOT, strictly necessary 4 our knowledge and understanding and advancement of medical science and health.
In fact its almost redundant and of little use!
The mapping of the human genome and our understanding of DNA, the molecules of life, within our genes, will enable us 2 "switch on or off" genetic information that causes Illness and disease and many other changes we choose , and in fact, in the every near future, even almost stop the ageing process and death indefinitely.
(not that I nessacerrally agree with all genetic engineering, Im 100% against the genetic engineering of "Frankenstein GM plants" )
Computer modelling and simulations are just as, and almost as informative, than actual physical testing, giveN the "super computers" we have these days ect that effortlessly make incredible calculations in micro seconds!
Advances In quantum physics and micro engineering, biological micro biology and electron microscopy ect ect will also have a great deal 2 tell us via employing with non invasive techniques ect.
Not 2 mention bacteriophages (sorry going slightly off topic now!) which are viruses that infect bacteria and can reprogram bacteria via replication of there own DNA within the bacteria in order 2 change the bacterial pathogenic causing characteristics .
We will probably need this knowledge very soon due to the unprecedented rise in resistance 2 bacterial anti biotics.
But if people still insist on testing drugs , cosmetics ect on advanced multiceller organisms -
THESE SCIENTISTS CAN TEST THEM ON THEMSELVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or test on other humans who are prepared and agrea 2 be test subjects.

Animal testing is therefore unnessary as far as medicine is concerned if we pursue these alternatives in much more detail ect.

But most Importantly, animal testing is MORALLY / SPIRITUALLY wrong, just as human murder is wrong, the cruelty and suffering that is caused in these labs in hell, cant be justified on any level, not even in order 2 advance our knowledge, especially so when there are far more effective and informative alternatives available 2 scientists!

All cancers will be curable very soon, matter on a few years now without animal testing.
We should feel very lucky 2 to on the edge of this great achievement! :)

There is no justification whatsoever for animal testing WITHOUT THERE CONSENT in this day and age given our medical knowledge and advancement

I agree with pretty much all of this, particularly hunting for sport, and I'm sure the average man on the Clapham omnibus would too, which only leaves us to ask specifically in case of medicine or the food supply, what is the alternative? As we stand there is none. Whether we like it or not animal testing in particular will remain a cornerstone of medical science and we are as far away from alternatives as we have ever been.

We can all say it's awful and mean it, until our loved ones or ourselves need treatment. Then it remains awful, but necessary.

True. But some testing is unnecessary. When I was in college, we discussed the testing of certain cleaning chemicals on animals. They have known from the get-go that oven cleaner is caustic and causes blindness if sprayed in the eyes. Yet every year the same "experiment" was conducted on rabbits, with the same blinding result. It was as if the warning label had to be renewed every year or something even though the ingredients remained the same.

Some medicines are tested on humans- compensated, volunteers.

Thanks for your agreement.
However animal testing is NOT, strictly necessary 4 our knowledge and understanding and advancement of medical science and health.
In fact its almost redundant and of little use!
The mapping of the human genome and our understanding of DNA, the molecules of life, within our genes, will enable us 2 "switch on or off" genetic information that causes Illness and disease and many other changes we choose , and in fact, in the every near future, even almost stop the ageing process and death indefinitely.
(not that I nessacerrally agree with all genetic engineering, Im 100% against the genetic engineering of "Frankenstein GM plants" )
Computer modelling and simulations are just as, and almost as informative, than actual physical testing, giveN the "super computers" we have these days ect that effortlessly make incredible calculations in micro seconds!
Advances In quantum physics and micro engineering, biological micro biology and electron microscopy ect ect will also have a great deal 2 tell us via employing with non invasive techniques ect.
Not 2 mention bacteriophages (sorry going slightly off topic now!) which are viruses that infect bacteria and can reprogram bacteria via replication of there own DNA within the bacteria in order 2 change the bacterial pathogenic causing characteristics .
We will probably need this knowledge very soon due to the unprecedented rise in resistance 2 bacterial anti biotics.
But if people still insist on testing drugs , cosmetics ect on advanced multiceller organisms -
THESE SCIENTISTS CAN TEST THEM ON THEMSELVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or test on other humans who are prepared and agrea 2 be test subjects.

Animal testing is therefore unnessary as far as medicine is concerned if we pursue these alternatives in much more detail ect.

But most Importantly, animal testing is MORALLY / SPIRITUALLY wrong, just as human murder is wrong, the cruelty and suffering that is caused in these labs in hell, cant be justified on any level, not even in order 2 advance our knowledge, especially so when there are far more effective and informative alternatives available 2 scientists!

All cancers will be curable very soon, matter on a few years now without animal testing.
We should feel very lucky 2 to on the edge of this great achievement! :)

There is no justification whatsoever for animal testing WITHOUT THERE CONSENT in this day and age given our medical knowledge and advancement

Completely true, not to mention that animals have different physiology, so the testing is often completely inconclusive; however, it is always painful and cruel. Great post!

lynnda

Completely true, not to mention that animals have different physiology, so the testing is often completely inconclusive; however, it is always painful and cruel. Great post!

lynnda

You believe that all cancers will be curable in a few years from now and that these cures would have been discovered and tested without using animals?

lynnda

Thanks 4 your megsage of agreament and positve words about my post ! :)
Its allways nice 2 send and recieve such compliments! youve made quite a good few good posts yourself!!!!!!!!!
I did of course use a spell checker on that rare occasition as as dreadfull is this sounds, I thought Id try and make an Imppression! , but that was just a one off!
Im going back 2 basics and posting in my normal fashion! so there may well be a few spelling "mistakes" again !!! :)

So as mentioned although all life forms are made from the same genetic DNA, we have different physiology so just because a chemical has a certain effect on one speices it does not nessacerrlly follow that it will have the same effect in another species, in fact it will quite often has a different cause and effect!

Its only relativly recentley, 2006, that china even had ANY laws of protection of cruelty towards animals ! :(
In 2006 one of the reasons that China started to pass minimal animal cruelty laws was because of a woman who crushed a kitten to death with her stiletto heels (which was perfectly legeal at the time with no criminality of animal abuse and murder) and many gruesome images were captured and shared across the internet.

If humans abuse this planet and its wildlife, and neglect and treat animals terribly cruely
- then nature and evoloution will respond in earnest!!!!
The flu epidemics (bird flu ect ) we expereince, is a direct consequence of the way we treat birds , its natures way of trying 2 stop humans in there tracks!

Last edited:
You won't destroy anybody. If you were actually hard enough to back up your sentiments you'd be down those labs now physically attacking the workforce. Stop being a gobshite and hiding behind words. You wouldn't get Mozzer doing that would you? ...... erm

Yes we do wanna know
But where are all the other members replying to this post?

Every Single Day of my life I think about the animals, whether it be in the neighbourhood, experimentation, eating them with no regard whatsoever as to the means and end result of having something on your plate that has been a living breathing entity and has ultimately died, given up it's life involuntarily, to provide something on a plate right there in front of you, which you absolutely know not to even have been killed in a humane way. ?
Tell me- if you dare! But I'm warning you right now, do not put any sick videos up or I will destroy YOU

this is horrible and all, but the shit I saw at the "fresh market" here in Chengdu would turn anyone off eating animals :eek:
at least for a while :o

3457912464_2557894c47_o.jpg

Yum yum

Back
Top Bottom