Morrissey on Jeff Buckley

Reckon it must be- am listening to that very album now. Just, well, I'm sure I don't need to tell you....sublime. 'What Wiil You Say' blows me away.

It's all good. Reminds me of a couple of years ago when we buggered off to the South of France. I spent a whole week exploring, and in the evenings we'd drink wine and listen to Moz and Jeff Buckley on the beach. Dream Brother in particular reminds me of that. And The Man That Got Away - is that the one where he says something about someone asking him to play it, or he told someone he was going to play it...I think I'm going to have to listen to it again.

Peter

It's all good. Reminds me of a couple of years ago when we buggered off to the South of France. I spent a whole week exploring, and in the evenings we'd drink wine and listen to Moz and Jeff Buckley on the beach. Dream Brother in particular reminds me of that. And The Man That Got Away - is that the one where he says something about someone asking him to play it, or he told someone he was going to play it...I think I'm going to have to listen to it again.

Peter

Sounds idyllic. He says something about seeing someone backstage that reminded him of this song- a comment that has always kinda intrigued me...I look for homosexual subtext in everything, it's a hobby of mine. I know Jeff was pals with Rufus Wainwright so that keeps me busy. Love this album so much it hurts!

it's true. tim buckley= god. jeff buckley= meh at best.

you are missing the point you cretin. i don't care either way. your comment in no way helps this thread. so feck off.

you are missing the point you cretin. i don't care either way. your comment in no way helps this thread. so feck off.

why are you always so rude to people? even before i joined this forum, i'd notice your posts because you never had anything positive to say to anybody. i am just stating my opinion. and since this is a thread about jeff buckley, i think i am, as a member of the board, entitled to freedom of speech. besides, i was not being rude about it, i just said what i think. so deal with it.

I'm curious about any mention. Jeff had played the Glastonbury Festival. He was truly amazing and I would urge anyone unfamiliar to explore his music. He is the only one that can be placed alongside Moz. I had the fortunate experience of seeing him in concert twice and had a brief conversation with him on his tour bus in Nashville.

you lucky, lucky thing. :) I agree, Jeff was/is exquisite. Yes, and a Smiths fan to boot.

i'd like to see more posts like this, in future. good work.

why are you always so rude to people? even before i joined this forum, i'd notice your posts because you never had anything positive to say to anybody. i am just stating my opinion. and since this is a thread about jeff buckley, i think i am, as a member of the board, entitled to freedom of speech. besides, i was not being rude about it, i just said what i think. so deal with it.

oooo you noticed my posts before!! i've been noticed! :rolleyes:

freedom of speech? *yawn*

maybe in the future use your freedom of speech to better effect and try and contribute to a thread constructively, rather than spouting random useless opinions.

Is that you in your avatar? Are you the one always taking photos of yourself and posting them? Or am I getting you muddled with someone else equally annoying?

I remember reading in a Morrissey biography once that Shakespeare's Sister might be about Tim Buckley. I think it was more of a guess on the author's part than any substantial evidence.

Although I really loved the album Grace, I dont think we ever saw the best of JB. I think he was really good and showed potential, and he maybe could have went on to become a legend had he lived.

I mean the song he is best known for was a cover version, Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".

Although he showed great promise, did he really ever pen a classic himself? Who knows what great music we may have lost as a result of his tragic death.

oooo you noticed my posts before!! i've been noticed! :rolleyes:

freedom of speech? *yawn*

maybe in the future use your freedom of speech to better effect and try and contribute to a thread constructively, rather than spouting random useless opinions.

Is that you in your avatar? Are you the one always taking photos of yourself and posting them? Or am I getting you muddled with someone else equally annoying?

i've only posted my pic here once, and that is because i was asked about a shirt i was wearing at the morrissey concert. so no, i don't post pictures of myself excessively.
oh and by the way-
f*** you! if you can't deal with different people's opinions, no matter how constructive or deconstructive you find them, then you have no place on a fricken message board. if you're trying to find a higher form of establishment, go seek for your utopian dream because thou shalt not find it on the world wide web.

i've only posted my pic here once, and that is because i was asked about a shirt i was wearing at the morrissey concert. so no, i don't post pictures of myself excessively.
oh and by the way-
f*** you! if you can't deal with different people's opinions, no matter how constructive or deconstructive you find them, then you have no place on a fricken message board. if you're trying to find a higher form of establishment, go seek for your utopian dream because thou shalt not find it on the world wide web.

i can certainly deal with your (shite) opinion. The point is this thread isn't about expressing ones opinion of Buckley, f*** off and make your own thread for that. So feck hueeeeeeeee

Are you the one that 'paints' shite?

i can certainly deal with your (shite) opinion. The point is this thread isn't about expressing ones opinion of Buckley, f*** off and make your own thread for that. So feck hueeeeeeeee

Are you the one that 'paints' shite?

oh no! are you insulting my artistic ability? that's it, i'm retiring the brush. i mean, getting positive feedback from experts does not compare to honesty of an annonymous, bitchy poster. thank you for showing me the light. i don't know where i'd be right now...

oh no! are you insulting my artistic ability? that's it, i'm retiring the brush. i mean, getting positive feedback from experts does not compare to honesty of an annonymous, bitchy poster. thank you for showing me the light. i don't know where i'd be right now...

oh so it is you? :D

positive feedback from experts? you're modest too!

RUSABB_h250.jpg

I love a party with a happy atmosphere....

you're on a forum for morrissey...it's ironic that you're expecting people to be modest.

really? By all means tar everyone with the same brush. Of course art is purely subjective, so the opinion of an 'expert' means absolutely squat (as far as i'm concerned). Who was the expert by the way? Did you get an A in class?

Back
Top Bottom