Morrissey on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Nov. 23

Years of Refusal was horrible--sorry and sad. Clearly, Morrissey has become everything that he once despised, and now he is trying to resurrect a lagging career by using the Internet and the sorry blog. He needs to try sitting down and penning some thoughtful lyrics. Go back and watch videos such as "Successful" and "Certain People."

But, as he says, "Now I am a Was."

How true--and to end a once stellar career with the garbage that he continues to produce--quite fitting.
Do you really think YOR is that bad? I have to admit on the first few listens I was not too impressed. But I have been listening to it again recently and think it is fine. The best songs grow on you. If you are resolute, what is, in your opinion, his last decent work?

Years of Refusal was horrible--sorry and sad. Clearly, Morrissey has become everything that he once despised, and now he is trying to resurrect a lagging career by using the Internet and the sorry blog. He needs to try sitting down and penning some thoughtful lyrics. Go back and watch videos such as "Successful" and "Certain People."

But, as he says, "Now I am a Was."

How true--and to end a once stellar career with the garbage that he continues to produce--quite fitting.

Sad son,

Suffering is one very long moment. We cannot divide it by seasons. We can only record its moods, and chronicle their return. With us time itself does not progress. It revolves. It seems to circle round one centre of pain. Prosperity, pleasure and success, may be rough of grain and common in fibre, but sorrow is the most sensitive of all created things. There is nothing that stirs in the whole world of thought to which sorrow does not vibrate in terrible and exquisite pulsation. So, YEARS OF REFUSAL is DE PROFUNDIS of pop music. There is no other LP in this century comparable to greatnes of the YEARS OF REFUSAL. And, be sure son, I'm OK by myself.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

Suffering is one very long moment. We cannot divide it by seasons. We can only record its moods, and chronicle their return. With us time itself does not progress. It revolves. It seems to circle round one centre of pain. Prosperity, pleasure and success, may be rough of grain and common in fibre, but sorrow is the most sensitive of all created things. There is nothing that stirs in the whole world of thought to which sorrow does not vibrate in terrible and exquisite pulsation. So, YEARS OF REFUSAL is DE PROFUNDIS of pop music. There is no other LP in this century comparable to greatnes of the YEARS OF REFUSAL. And, be sure son, I'm OK by myself.
we'll let you know

So, you are saying YOR is the best album ever? Should I take you seriously or question your judgment? I love YOR but do not possess the arrogance to place my opinion on such a high pedestal.
Are you prepared to discuss this or should I simply expect more daft meaningless posts?
(I hope you take note 'We'll let you know' that I am trying to build bridges here. I hate animosity and do not enjoy trading insults especially with someone with such great tastes in music).

So, you are saying YOR is the best album ever? Should I take you seriously or question your judgment? I love YOR but do not possess the arrogance to place my opinion on such a high pedestal.
Are you prepared to discuss this or should I simply expect more daft meaningless posts?
(I hope you take note 'We'll let you know' that I am trying to build bridges here. I hate animosity and do not enjoy trading insults especially with someone with such great tastes in music).

Dear Peterb

No, the best ever is
LOU REED "BERLIN"

we'll let you know

Dear Peterb

No, the best ever is
LOU REED "BERLIN"

we'll let you know
I will check this album out. Don't know much Lou Reed although I do like the Velvets. I also like John Cales solo work.
Thanks for the youtube link. I'll listen to this when my boss is'nt around (I'm at work).

I will check this album out. Don't know much Lou Reed although I do like the Velvets. I also like John Cales solo work.
Thanks for the youtube link. I'll listen to this when my boss is'nt around (I'm at work).

It is crucial to listen that LP - and listen in whole, and listen again.
It is literally impossible to know Morrissey without having absorption of "Berlin" by Lou Reed.
Yes, "Vintage Violence" from Cale is DIAMOND.

we'll let you know

It is crucial to listen that LP - and listen in whole, and listen again.
It is literally impossible to know Morrissey without having absorption of "Berlin" by Lou Reed.
Yes, "Vintage Violence" from Cale is DIAMOND.

we'll let you know
Righto. I'll give a few listens and 'I'll let you know'.

After considerable thought, and closer review, I will now join the chorus that proclaims Jesse Tobias as being a sub-standard guitarist.

we'll let you know

After considerable thought, and closer review, I will now join the chorus that proclaims Jesse Tobias as being a sub-standard guitarist.

we'll let you know

fake post!
Sad son, and you moron par excellence, you handicaped infant, Jesse Tobias is fine gentleman, Jesse Tobias is brilliant musician. Full Stop.

we'll let you know

Sad son, you are the fraud.

Pretending to be someone you are not. Poor, pathetic excuse for a human.

we'll let you know

Poor son,

Calling Jesse Tobias "brilliant" automatically eliminates you from being taken seriously.

we'll let you know

Sad son, you are the fraud.

Pretending to be someone you are not. Poor, pathetic excuse for a human.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

Yes.
I am devoius, truculent and unreliable.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

You couldn't be more embarrassing. You're perspective on Morrissey's band is pathetic.

Poor, loathsome you.

we'll let you know

Poor son,

Calling Jesse Tobias "brilliant" automatically eliminates you from being taken seriously.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

Magnificent is this fine gentleman and brilliant guitarist - Jesse Tobias. But, since you didn't attend not one gig during glorious summer 2011 adventure, you hiss and groan and you constantly moan,so

we'll let you know

Sad son,

I saw Moz and the deplorable Jesse Tobias at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC March, 2009. It's all I needed to see to come to the clear conclusion that Jesse is completely ill-fitting for Morrissey's band.

(there hasn't been a NYC show for 2011, yet.)

You can stop being an arrogant asshole now.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

I saw Moz and the deplorable Jesse Tobias at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC March, 2009. It's all I needed to see to come to the clear conclusion that Jesse is completely ill-fitting for Morrissey's band.

(there hasn't been a NYC show for 2011, yet.)

You can stop being an arrogant asshole now.

we'll let you know
So what was the first album Jesse played on? Did he replace Whyte?

Sad son,

Do you want to count "Live from Earle's Court" or "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"?

Little Barrie was the one to first replace Alain Whyte then came the wretched Jesse Tobias on the 2004 tour.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

Do you want to count "Live from Earle's Court" or "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"?

Little Barrie was the one to first replace Alain Whyte then came the wretched Jesse Tobias on the 2004 tour.

we'll let you know

ALL OF YOU SAD SONS,

Stop use this splendid signature of mine - we'll let you know

thank you very much

So what was the first album Jesse played on? Did he replace Whyte?

Sad son,

Jesse Tobias is fantastic guitarist. By his phenomenal approach to genius verses from Morrissey on YEARS OF REFUSAL, they made absolute masterpiece of this century - gigantic pop/rock adventure: YEARS OF REFUSAL!
Now, with this knowledge, go back to your mp3 "Kid A", mp3 idiotism "Mylo Xyloto" and mp3 gruesome "Before I Self Destruct" which by all means worth 50 cents.

we'll let you know

Back
Top Bottom