morrissey should move to germany!

we have a female chancellor right now, we could have a gay chancellor soon:

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,437943,00.html

Time for Morrissey to move to Germany, don't you think? :cool:

EXACTLY! Every time I get to hear that "America"-line I wish Klausi Wowereit was black (or at least his boyfriend). But I guess Robby's right... I don't think Mozza likes Germany too much :( Besides: If I'd live in Rome I wouldn't move an inch! What do we have to offer? Hamburg (he lived there for years... or do you think there's any difference between Manchester and Hamburg?), Berlin (too David Bowie) and München (no need to comment on that)! Damn.

Germany is a very lovely place. Cologne is one of my favourite cities in the world. I'm sure Morrissey is also a fan. I'm studying German at university - hoping this is a good excuse to get over again soon ;)

Viva Deutschland!

well manchester, london, LA & Rome....

he does sound like the last of the international playboys!!!!

i don't know how he does it i hate moving house and that is just in a van for a couple of miles.

I might be wrong, but being a vegetarian seems hard to live in Germany. My vegetarian friend who used to live in there said it wasn't good.
I suppose Morrissey is attracted to Rome's climate and scenery.

I might be wrong, but being a vegetarian seems hard to live in Germany. My vegetarian friend who used to live in there said it wasn't good.

Well, it depends... if we're talking about traditional Bavarian "cuisine": you're right. 60% meat, 30% beer and 10% of what they think is salad (but I don't suppose Mozza would move to the country anyways). The thing is: most of us don't eat these things nowadays, it's more of a tourist-thing to do. And many Germans have turned into vegetarians in the last few years - for obvious reasons. The biggest supermarkets over here - ALDI and LIDL - even started selling soy-products (sausages, milk, hamburgers etc.) a couple of months ago. So we're changing just like everybody else does or hopefully will do soon. In fact I remember an interview Morrissey gave where he said that he likes the fact that Germany has become a very veggie-friendly country, even more than England (? I'm not sure about that. Don't hate me!). So, Kwepie, I hope your vegetarian friend will come and visit again... and if he or she is starving: my Penne Al Arrabiata are the best in town :)

This is quite true, actually. I remember once I ordered a vegetable soup of some kind, and I even thought 'better just check...' and asked the waitress if it was vegatarian. When it arrived, it had bits of chicken in it!! :eek: When I called the waitress back over, she looked baffled as to why I wouldn't eat it.

I did survive, though :) I just lived on beer, salad and garlic soup :D

Well, it depends... if we're talking about traditional Bavarian "cuisine": you're right. 60% meat, 30% beer and 10% of what they think is salad (but I don't suppose Mozza would move to the country anyways). The thing is: most of us don't eat these things nowadays, it's more of a tourist-thing to do. And many Germans have turned into vegetarians in the last few years - for obvious reasons. The biggest supermarkets over here - ALDI and LIDL - even started selling soy-products (sausages, milk, hamburgers etc.) a couple of months ago. So we're changing just like everybody else does or hopefully will do soon. In fact I remember an interview Morrissey gave where he said that he likes the fact that Germany has become a very veggie-friendly country, even more than England (? I'm not sure about that. Don't hate me!). So, Kwepie, I hope your vegetarian friend will come and visit again... and if he or she is starving: my Penne Al Arrabiata are the best in town :)

Thanks for your comment Sonar. It's 13 years ago my friend was working in Bremen. Since then BSE fiasco and healthy lifestyle choice as you say German people are more interested in vegetarian food and supply chain has to catch up with the demand, which is a good move. :)
Well, we never know where Morrissey's going to live next.

Back
Top Bottom