Morrissey/Smiths songs and videos you just "don't get"

'Spent the Day in Bed' - Mozzer being pushed in a wheel-chair to watch some drag act cavorting on stage. What thee gibbering hell is this one about?

I don't understand the video of 'November spawned a monster'. Why is he in a desert and who is he singing too all alone.
From what I remember, he was trying to get a boulder pregnant.

53D6BA13-ABEE-485A-8864-7B79D6A51F45.gif

Hmm Smiths and Morrissey solo songs that I don't "get"?.. That's a very hard question. I try to find the meaning in each song I hear, some are puzzles and are obvious, but some that aren't obvious I make my own little story with. The only one I may struggle with is.......

Umm....

I'm typing as I think......

Wow this is difficult.
Well, the Smiths' instrumental songs I don't "get" because of the lack of lyrics. What is there to "get" with no lyrics? Nothin.
Well, I thought for a good while and I can't think of any.

I don't have an opinion on the music videos.

Well, the Smiths' instrumental songs I don't "get" because of the lack of lyrics. What is there to "get" with no lyrics? Nothin.
Oscillate Wildly is clearly an analysis of the romanticism that emerged in the 19th century as a response to the rapid industrialisation that was starting to transform society.

You didn’t get that from listening?

Oscillate Wildly is clearly an analysis of the romanticism that emerged in the 19th century as a response to the rapid industrialisation that was starting to transform society.

You didn’t get that from listening?

I concur. It's REALLY obvious. Some people, huh.

I was thinking yesterday that this subject really merits much further and much more detailed analysis, and so I’ve come to say that I’ve just completed an in-depth longitudinal study and I have some very precise results that I can share now. A.k.a I have a formal announcement to make :lbf:

So yesterday, i put my very pro brain to very pro use while i was pretending to be very pro in my very pro job, and so this thread got me thinking about the november video. and because i can multi-task while i was supposed to be being very pro, i was thinking about this video (it turned out I wasn’t multi-tasking at all, and that in fact i am even MORE very pro at thinking about this video, than at doing my job actually, lol!) and.. and.. and! I had not one, but TWO different epiphanies! So it was time very well spent, i thought! 🤣

FIRST of all, it turns out this video has kind of A LOT to answer for!! lolol

Number 1 - i think this video may be single-handedly responsible for the fact that it either may or may not be the case that i possibly never even noticed the dimples before … until like, NOW!!! :lbf: I mean like as in maybe very recently.

So i think i missed the dimples for like a full couple of decades, due to being so comprehensively (ahem!) distracted by this video! Lol!

Number two!! I have ONLY just now realized at this late stage for the very FIRST time ever , lol, that in hindsight, it is very clear that this video positively RUINED me!

It is an indisputable fact that it set the bar WAY too high for alllllll the other boys on the planet. And i’m sorry to say, NONE of them ever lived up!!! Sorry, but … facts!

Although that last part’s a complete lie because i’m totally not even sorry at all! :lbf:

I was thinking yesterday that this subject really merits much further and much more detailed analysis, and so I’ve come to say that I’ve just completed an in-depth longitudinal study and I have some very precise results that I can share now. A.k.a I have a formal announcement to make :lbf:

So yesterday, i put my very pro brain to very pro use while i was pretending to be very pro in my very pro job, and so this thread got me thinking about the november video. and because i can multi-task while i was supposed to be being very pro, i was thinking about this video (it turned out I wasn’t multi-tasking at all, and that in fact i am even MORE very pro at thinking about this video, than at doing my job actually, lol!) and.. and.. and! I had not one, but TWO different epiphanies! So it was time very well spent, i thought! 🤣

Number 1 - i think this video may be single-handedly responsible for the fact that it either may or may not be the case that i possibly never even noticed the dimples before … until like, NOW!!! :lbf: I mean like as in maybe very recently.

So i think i missed the dimples for like a full couple of decades, due to being so comprehensively (ahem!) distracted by this video! Lol!

Number two!! I have ONLY just now realized at this late stage for the very FIRST time ever , lol, that in hindsight, it is very clear that this video positively RUINED me!

It is an indisputable fact that it set the bar WAY too high for alllllll the other boys on the planet. And i’m sorry to say, NONE of them ever lived up!!! Sorry, but … facts!

Although that last part’s a complete lie because i’m totally not even sorry at all! :lbf:
I truly appreciate you using taking your valuable pro time to make such a pro analysis!!!
Those dimples are luscious 💋
Morrissey and I are twinning too, because I have the same dimples.

Morrissey should have changed the lyrics for the video only... first line; in that beautifully haunting tone of voice:

Sleep on and... dream of me... Because it's the closest you will get to... ME!
🦂

Last edited:

Yep, Morrissey set the bar, even with his head on the bar! NO ONE comes close. 😋

Back
Top Bottom