Morrissey / The Smiths - Have-a-go-merchant 7" promo mint sleeve & unplayed again

Does anybody have an idea why this item has appeared on Ebay about 5 times recently by the same seller
Always being relisted
Sold for £80 - relisted
Sold for £160 - relisted
Buy it now £99 - no sale - relisted
Buy it kow £125 no sale - relisted
Buyer says he has a few copies , yet all feedback is Private !
Has anyone bought one ?
Regards
Chris

Re: MORRISSEY/THE SMITHS Have-a-go-merchant 7" PROMO Mint Sleeve & Unplayed AGAIN

I thought I was the only one who noticed this going on. I am highly suspicious of this seller as his product. It just seems very strange to me but I haven't bought one and don't know anyone who has so I could be wrong.

Re: MORRISSEY/THE SMITHS Have-a-go-merchant 7" PROMO Mint Sleeve & Unplayed AGAIN

I had bid on one from a different seller a month or two again but didn't win. Then that seller sent me a message on ebay saying that he had a few more and I could just buy one off him without going through ebay. I did buy one and I did get it in the mail. I don't have it in front of me at this second but it looked real I suppose. I don't have another copy of it to compare it to. I asked why he'd sell it to me cheaper than what the original ebay auction went for and he had some story that he sold a few to another person so they could sell them on ebay and so he wanted to let that person sell theirs on ebay and he was just going to sell his by offering it to people who had bid on that original auction. I think the person who sold it to me also had the same story about getting some from a Parlaphone person. So I don't know if this is really two different people selling them or the same person with two ebay id's or what. When I have the chance, I'll take a closer look at the record but I don't know if I'd know how to spot a fake or anything. Mine is the "mispressing" one that plays the songs from the commercial Boxers 7" and has the commercial matrix numbers, not the promo matrix numbers.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this going on. I am highly suspicious of this seller as his product. It just seems very strange to me but I haven't bought one and don't know anyone who has so I could be wrong.

My copy came today doesn't look like a fake at all !!! The seller has a few to sell from an ex EMI rep.

Well I certainly hope that they are legitimate, for the sake of those who purchased them. I really have no good reason to believe that they aren't authentic. I just found it odd that the same seller had so many mint copies for sale.

Hi Dead Girl,
When I asked the seller he said that he has a few because they where from a rep who he had bought them from. I had to make sure that it all seems legit !!! Didn't want to get stung

I bougt one as well and I don´t know if it real?

I have been working in the record industries and knowing how a promo office can look like. I would not be surpriced if someone find 5 or 10 unit in a box.

Does anybody have an idea why this item has appeared on Ebay about 5 times recently by the same seller
Always being relisted
Sold for £80 - relisted
Sold for £160 - relisted
Buy it now £99 - no sale - relisted
Buy it kow £125 no sale - relisted
Buyer says he has a few copies , yet all feedback is Private !
Has anyone bought one ?
Regards
Chris

Hi Chris, I have a very good idea...as they are my copies that I'm selling.The feedback is private as the auctions are private, bidders identities are protected. Now why does it keep appearing-heres the story..a record dealer i know bought a garage full of vinyl from a former emi rep and in amongst them were a box of unused brand spanking new RDJ6400'S. I cant believe you MOZZITES haven't my ripped hands off for these, they are once in a life time gems..at the right price too!! p.s all the feedback has been terrific-and why not..they are smashing vinyl's.Now stop messing about and buy one before they've all gone.All the best, Dazzler.

LEGITIMATE!! Hold on,do you think i'm setting up a vinyl pressing factory in my kitchen!! All joking aside these promos are the dogs b******s, real minters, im a massive fan of Morrissey and have amassed a huge collection over the years but this promo eluded me..then a box full comes my way, you couldn't make it up but its true, i've stashed 2 away in my collection and the rest are going to go on ebay until they have all gone..i paid good money for them and im just trying to make a bit of xmas spending dosh(4 kids and all that).Grab yourself a copy before its too late and they start selling for silly money again-i was outbid in may on one that sold for £211. Daz.

I took a second look at mine and I can't see anything fishy about it (but don't have another one to compare it with). The seller does have excellent feedback so I'm going with the assumption that it's all legit. I think any time a rarity pops up a bunch of times, it makes people a little skeptical, especially when there are several different prices on "buy it now" items. To the seller: The person you bought them from sold a few on their own too, didn't they? I think I bought mine from him.

Hi Jeff..youv'e hit the nail on the head..yes the buyer of the huge collection started to sell these promos then i bought the lot off him, as a moz fan i knew they were worth having so took a gamble, they are all legit and are all mint, and frankly at the price im selling they are a no brainer-get one in your collection folks before they have all gone.I understand peoples concerns but im a trustworthy guy -HONEST, my ebay feedback is 100% so thats all i can offer in the trust dept. to the doubters.Daz.

Back
Top Bottom