Morrissey Tour Posters

My theory is that Moz doesn't need to like or understand or even approve every promotion made. What he may approve is the tradition and history of this artistic genre.

Morrissey, being a pop historian, knows the background behind these promotional gig posters; their inceptions in the early 60s for rock shows, the San Francisco psychedelic "happenings", the xeroxed flyers in the punk 70s, and now, silkscreen and digitial. Moz is very "old school" when it comes to tradition, and artists' posters of this nature follows a certain tradition.

They appear crude because they are; most of these artists have little or no formal art/graphic background. That's really the appeal. If anything, they have print production knowledge and access to a silkscreen and ink, which is still the most popular way to create small limited runs.

The idea behind these posters is that it is not all about Morrissey, or the venue, but how the artist gets your attention.

Thx for the response and I understand what you mean but they are still awful and the human figures are quite badly drawn but in my profession I see a lot of that anyway so it's no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom