Moz goes GaGa

you can still be really famous and rich and have your songs played on the radio and mtv AND still be talented, artistic and original. the boss is an example and others like radiohead come to mind as well. and we werent talking 40 and 140. we were talking 100 and 120. so no, not a huge difference.

also, many people on this site LOATHE the boss and think he sucks (b/c...GASP...his music is NOTHING like morrissey's). and if morrissey had taken a pic with him, im sure people would be raggin on that too. and you and I would be defending such a picture I'm sure.

Yes. :)

Personally, I love the boss. I saw him live last year and it was awesome. It was cheap for me simply because my friend was able to get really cheap tickets a few days before the concert on ebay, but general admission to his shows are around $95 bucks. I couldn't have afforded that price. I saw Morrissey last year, too and paid around..$40? Anyway...I'd love to see a picture of Bruce and Morrissey together haha.

Also, I really really love this picture of Morrissey and Gaga. I mean, he looks like the disgruntled dad that had to go to the club and pick up his drunk/high children and drag them back home. I can hear Gaga saying something like, "But daddy, I have to keep dancing!" I don't know who that other dude is, he looks creepy and is ruining the otherwise amazing picture. Oh well.

independence...right....because that's what she and her marketing people want people to think she is...independent...and people eat it up gaaaaahhhhh. does anybody know how much her tickets cost? $120+ YES WHAT AN ARTIST I CAN TELL SHE'S REALLY TRYING TO MAKE A STATEMENT

Yeah, I should have said 'perceived independence'. Part of what I meant was that she supposedly writes her own songs etc, but it's true that you can never tell.

i don't think i've paid over $40 for a single morrissey ticket

maybe you havent, but last year when he toured the US, i saw him twice in NY and once in philly and the philly show was 75 i believe and the two NY shows were in the 80s i think. the two NY shows were the two most expensive of the whole tour if I remember correctly.

and yeah, bruce is usually around 100 but i never said it wasn't. i've read http://www.amazon.com/Mansion-Hill-...1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277303526&sr=8-1-spell i know all about bruce

never questioned your general knowledge of bruce. that wasnt the point.... :squiffy:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i wonder if there is a connection to him liking black boxa nd attending a gag concert has to do that he was being intrigued by sth particular-. ie. the rumours of the female black box singer being a man before and hence the fact that gaga had this infamous concert where discussions started about a possible male genitalia of her.

Mat Snow, Q, December 1989
so you're still a pop fan ?
Very much so. I've bought a lot of things recently just to listen to and then throw them away. I'm still a big record fan.

I really enjoyed the BLACK BOX single.

It's odd for me because it's not my world at all and there's no reason on earth why I should enjoy that record, but when I first saw them on Top Of The Pops
I thought it was pretty extreme. She also looked brilliant, and I still love the record after nine weeks.
Q: And the revelation that it is not, in fact, her voice ?
I'm more interested in the rumours that she has been male. I'm hoping that it's true because it makes it more interesting. If you look at her from a certain angle, you could possibly see her playing for Wigan.
from a thread: bands/singers morrissey liked
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=743177&highlight=black+box#post743177

Last edited:
lady gaga sux. her shit is wack.

finished.

as far as morrissey liking bad music... kristeen young. yup.

i wonder if there is a connection to him liking black boxa nd attending a gag concert has to do that he was being intrigued by sth particular-. ie. the rumours of the female black box singer being a man before and hence the fact that gaga had this infamous concert where discussions started about a possible male genitalia of her.

Mat Snow, Q, December 1989
so you're still a pop fan ?
Very much so. I've bought a lot of things recently just to listen to and then throw them away. I'm still a big record fan.

I really enjoyed the BLACK BOX single.

It's odd for me because it's not my world at all and there's no reason on earth why I should enjoy that record, but when I first saw them on Top Of The Pops
I thought it was pretty extreme. She also looked brilliant, and I still love the record after nine weeks.
Q: And the revelation that it is not, in fact, her voice ?
I'm more interested in the rumours that she has been male. I'm hoping that it's true because it makes it more interesting. If you look at her from a certain angle, you could possibly see her playing for Wigan.
from a thread: bands/singers morrissey liked
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=743177&highlight=black+box#post743177

A very informative and interesting post thanks sista, :thumb:

I really don't get the hostility towards Lady Gaga.
Just look at what she's done.

She has rid the top 10 popular music charts of hip-hop and rap. The disgusting trend that overstayed its welcome and at times I even thought it would never leave.
Well now it's gone. Replaced by singers with backing tracks that sound like the rave music I used to listen to in the 90s.

Hail Lady Gaga, I say. I f***ing hated hip-hop, rap and soul music. I'm glad it's gone.

Last edited:

She has rid the top 10 popular music charts of hip-hop and rap. The disgusting trend that overstayed its welcome and at times I even thought it would never leave.
Well now it's gone. Replaced by singers with backing tracks that sound like the rave music I used to listen to in the 90s.

Hail Lady Gaga, I say. I f***ing hated hip-hop, rap and soul music. I'm glad it's gone.

Good point about the hip-hop etc, which is absolutely DIRE, but really it's just replacing one load of shit with another!

I couldnt give a shite about lady gaga or the charts for that matter,but I'm with you on rap and hip-hop and the rest of that depressing crap.Im sick of seeing that dizzee rascals ugly mush everytime I put the telly on

I couldnt give a shite about lady gaga or the charts for that matter,but I'm with you on rap and hip-hop and the rest of that depressing crap.Im sick of seeing that dizzee rascals ugly mush everytime I put the telly on

Some weeks at work we were listening to Lady Gaga and then me and another girl just commented on the fact that most of her songs sound the same and then this guy totally freaked out on us saying something like "oh that's not true, she's a very talented artist that writes her own songs!". I have no idea if it's true (and until then I had no idea that he was such a nazi when it comes to music).

she's a very talented artist that writes her own songs!". I have no idea if it's true (and until then I had no idea that he was such a nazi when it comes to music).

It's true. She does write her own music.
I checked. I always check when I hear something I like from a female artist. I dismiss the music if it's written by a "pro". Very sexist of me.

Some weeks at work we were listening to Lady Gaga and then me and another girl just commented on the fact that most of her songs sound the same and then this guy totally freaked out on us saying something like "oh that's not true, she's a very talented artist that writes her own songs!". I have no idea if it's true (and until then I had no idea that he was such a nazi when it comes to music).

I think she writes her own songs, but they do all sound very much the same.

It's true. She does write her own music.
I checked. I always check when I hear something I like from a female artist. I dismiss the music if it's written by a "pro". Very sexist of me.

I always check whatever the gender of the artist- if the songs are written by lyrically talentless industry bigwigs, I don't bother, snobby as that may sound to some.

No they don't ... listen to 'Speechless' then 'Poker Face' and then 'Oh Well' and tell me they sound the same.

Oh well, all the ones I've heard anyway. I really can't be bothered with Gaga to be honest.

Tags
gaga rocks! got my tix hataz moz sinking moz's cock
Back
Top Bottom