Moz in the top 10 British Icons

MOz, of course.. Though I've heard all the names, I don't know who half of them are..

David Attenborough:Broadcaster and naturalist
Alan Bennett:playwrite and Morrissey's ex-neighbour and friend
Michael Caine:Actor
Stephen Fry:Actor and author
Vivienne Westwood:Fashion Designer

You've known others fairly well.:D

I thought his natural history programmes produced by BBC were widely broadcasted on most of the countries in Europe.

Shouldn't call it "widely broadcasted" but they certainly are atleast in Sweden but mostly at SVT and at day time or it's simply a show thw shows a something done by the BBC etc.

What is Kate Bush doing on that list?
Top 3 icons in British music, Macca, Moz and Bowie doesn't look so bad.

Final vote starts this evening 7:30pm GMT, vote'll close at 27th November midday.
Kate Bush's contribution to British pop music cannot be ignored!;)

Final vote starts this evening 7:30pm GMT, vote'll close at 27th November midday.
Kate Bush's contribution to British pop music cannot be ignored!;)

In the battle of the Kate's I would say Bush beats Moss hands down!

In an unrelated question.....are you able to vote more than once in this poll?! (I do mean for the same person....obviously!)

Last edited:
Michael Caine
Alan Bennett
Morrissey
Bowie

Where the f*** is David Beckham:D

Bowie should not win because nowadays he's just "Dave" offstage and "David Showie" onstage. If he had stopped sometime in the mid 80s (or at a stretch in the early 90s), he'd be a shoe-in.

Part of being an icon is being someone that nobody can completely figure out, and who people still talk about, analyse and worship outside of a tabloid context.

I don't think Morrissey will win (top 3), but any of the other true British icons are already dead. Greatest Living Englishman, remember?

Come to think of it, the Queen should be on the list!

What the hell is Kate Moss doing on that list?

I'm sure this will upset some, but there's no way I'm voting for Morrissey. If you think what this is about, then there's no way Morrissey should win...

In my mind, it's gonna have to be Macca or Bowie, just the sheer influence throughout the whole world of these two is overwhelming...not to mention the diversity in what they have produced over the years...in my mind, Morrissey has stayed quite static, with much less development in his music.

Obviously this is just all opinions -- yours is as good as mine -- but I'd argue that while Bowie and especiallly Macca have had massive influence on music everywhere (Morrissey's is pretty unmatched in the UK post-'83) one big difference is that people in countries around the world want to be Morrissey, or just like him, whether it's looking like him, dressing like him, writing like him, living like him. Aside from some musical pretenders, nobody really does that with Macca and Bowie do they? It's what keeps them from being iconic in my opinion.

I'm sure this will upset some, but there's no way I'm voting for Morrissey. If you think what this is about, then there's no way Morrissey should win...

In my mind, it's gonna have to be Macca or Bowie, just the sheer influence throughout the whole world of these two is overwhelming...not to mention the diversity in what they have produced over the years...in my mind, Morrissey has stayed quite static, with much less development in his music.

If it's actual icons the only ones that qualify are

Morrissey
Bowie
Michael Caine
David Attenborough
Alan Bennett
Vivienne Westwood

The Beatles were icons but Macca on his own isn't.

The Beatles were icons but Macca on his own isn't.
i agree with that. john lennon on his own was iconic though. but morrissey is iconic with or without the 3 other smiths around him.

Vote for Morrissey.

His time is now.

I'm Mozmic_dancer and I approve this message.

Brought to you by Citizens of the World for Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom