My book has a hardback and 2nd edition!

What sort of book is it my friend?

RABBookcvremail.jpg

Can I get it online for free?

i'm always nice about you here, when can i get my signed (free) copy:p

but seriously well done:)

Cool, since its sold out and i don't have any money; could you possibly just enlighten me with a terse summary & important points of your book. I will even recommend it to people.

‘Hi Just read the Book!
It's Fantastic!
I Highly Recommend any true Rockabilly or Ted to read this!
It's Grate!
I was around the South Coast at this time and I remember those days with a very big smile on my face and reading this bought back many simular fond memories of the same sort of events and reactions from other people!
I really did love them days.
Keep It Rockin'’

‘YEAH!!!!
ROCKABILLY UNDERGROUND LONDON 1980S

I ORDERED IT FROM E BAY , AND NOW ITS HERE!

JUST HAD A FLICK THOUGH, AND WOW, LOADS OF GREAT PICS OF THE 80S SCENE AS I REMEMBER IT!

A FEW OLD FACES I KNEW BACK THEN, AND EVEN SOMEONE I WAS IN MY FIRST BAND WITH.

NOTHING LIKE HOW THIS SCENE WAS IN LONDON WILL PROBABLY EVER BE SEEN AGAIN, I'M SO GLAD I WAS THERE THEN!

WELL DONE BILLY FOR PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER, ITS LONG OVER DUE.

CHECK IT OUT!!!’

‘Got the book, loved the book’

‘Book arrived Safe+L@@KS...K@@L. GREAT’

‘Great book !’

‘Great book! Thank you!’

‘Good book,recognise a few faces,cheers.’

‘Very good thankyou the book came this morning....I can relate to most of it!!’

‘Superb book, very well packaged, super-speed service. Recomended.’

‘Brilliant book thanks for the memories!A++++++++++’

‘Good book, some nice reflections & views on the scene. Thanks.’

‘great stuff-thanks’

‘EXCELLENT ! Highly Recommended Item from this Top Seller ! Fantastic Book ! A++’

‘Great book billy, spot on A+++’

‘Great book, a rockin' essential! Arrived quicky and well packed, thanks!’

‘super!!! Great’

‘Excellent service and a very good book, thanks!’

‘It was neat to read something that proved just how biased and far wrong the media were and are - and that not all 'billies are dumb/racist/50s throwbacks etc (delete as appropriate). Only way it coulda been better was with a free CD of the top 10s and lots of colour pictures! easy greasy! ‘

‘Really great book - fast delivery - buy a couple and one for a friend!’

‘Rockabilly Underground is neither a memoir, an intellectual deconstruction, nor an oral history of a scene. It’s rather a book that hovers somewhere between the three and notches up the enjoyment factor by balancing itself between them all.

Taking the authors personal experiences of the scene as the skeletal basis, and muscling it out with oral recording of the movers and shakers gives an evocative overview of London in the eighties. While the interviews with Ray Campi and Mac Curtis add an outside view aspect that keeps the book from dropping to the levels of a vanity piece.’

It’s all rounded off nicely with what could be described as mini essays on the current state of the scene and what the future could hold for it.

To sum up, Rockabilly Underground is a very welcome record of an underrated and under served genre of musical history.

‘Your book is fab...arrived yesterday I sat down and read it in just over an hour....great old times...know most of the people that you have included. The Pheonix made me laugh...so many memories !!!!Lara was a blast from the past..Remember her on the stage dancing with the Jets at Hemsby in about 89! So glad to see more and more people getting back into it.....top man for doing the book!!!! x ‘

‘Fantastic & enjoyable book !!! Highly recommended for any rockabilly fans :)

‘Excellent book, outstanding service!’

‘Thanks for the add Billy, just read your book, I so forgot about the red posts in Dingwalls until now, then memories of bashing into them after too many snakebites came flooding back!! and Chris Bey the rascal!! great book’

‘Great Book-About Time. .’

‘What a superb book - thoroughly recommended
‘Excellent book’

‘Great Stuff. A++++’

‘Hey Billy, got the book and read it in one sitting...never lived in London but visited almost every weekend in the 80's, loads memories came flooding back! I used to catch the national express from Plymouth just to get to the fox with Looney Tunes Neil, then baby mouse!..’

‘Ahh the Fox, Sunset Club, Phoenix..true Rockabilly days! -
When’s the next book.... the weekenders... have lots tales for the Isle of Wight one in 84 !!!’

‘Brilliant!’

‘Great book............. thanks’

‘Received the book and have read it through several times already. Fantastic
effort ! Great memories and practically every box ticked with a superbly
executed journey through all the elements that made up the scene’

‘Billy, a short note of congratulations on the book which I read and rapidly devoured this week,’A hard tightrope to walk, balancing off personal reminiscence, a roll call of personalities and clubs, comment and input from artists, but I think you captured a bit of everything’

‘Outstanding book and photos !! pick it up, cant put the damn thing down !! bravo’

‘Book is cool and it's bring back a lot of memories of the Club seen and people I used to hang around with . we have all moved on alot since those days but some of us are doing our best to keep it real
keep up the good work and check my club soon’

‘Very cool book...nice one...cheers!’

‘And what a fabulous read it was too..!’

"Hey billy...got the book, thanx sooo much for the memories...i love it, read it in one setting, now wheres the follow up!!!!!

"Mr Billy Jones, your book is quite amazing, I used to live in London, I miss it, I miss the people, I miss the music, I miss the scene, but at least in my hot, dusty desert home there is still your quite wonderful book for the memories! "

.....and it has sold in 26 countries:D:D:D

Never give up your dreams! I am 40 and never thought it would happen!!!

Hang on a minute, When you say "My book" does that mean you wrote it? And if so why didn't you let us know earlier? I would have loved a copy of that to read as i know absolutely nada about it. Are you doing anymore?

Them reviews are a tad vague.

I may just ask tmye to lift a copy for me or train my seagull to steal books as well.

Back
Top Bottom