Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (May 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Certain People I Know / Let Me Kiss You / Trouble Loves Me / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

• Image gallery on flickr (4 total) posted by FDR.

nashville.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Hi! Does anyone know what song Morrissey had playing at the end of the show (after his encore) last night? I'm thinking it was a Klaus Nomi song, but I'm not for certain. Thanks!

Great show. I give this the nod over Memphis, mainly due to HSIN and NFD as main set bookends. Maya Angelou backdrop was touching. The crowd was really up for it last night. I personally feel the everyday/casual fans may have felt like they could have used another couple 'classics'. I'm always amazed when I talk to people at or around Morrissey shows and they say it's their 1st or 3rd show or whatever. Sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone who likes Morrissey are uber-fans like us.

I think "Earth is the Lonliest Planet" is weakest if the four new songs but not too bad.

I'm just glad I was not subjected to "To Give" at either show.

Boston/New York next.

Last edited:
thanks for the beautiful photos, FDR! I'm also curious if he was crying. The photo of you and Boz is great! :lbf:

14109049248_763d7b70b2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

14109041598_947bee6e81.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

14292332461_f42fa39957.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Boz amd I post-show, with a Solomon photobomb.
14293703732_ecd5505d17.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This made me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The French crew was there. They are jerks and stole spots.
Manager should bann them. Gulliame was on front stage and Moz forgived him about Denver. f*** off French. They're good looking bit they're douche bag.
Why are they there ?? FO

Must you post every night about the French fans? What are they doing to you? They are very nice and have been around since the start. More than I can say for you Mr. Anonymous. They bloody came from France to be here. Stop the jealous rants if you can't even say who you are! Let it go man!!

You mean there was french people in Nashville Tennessee??
I thought that my "compatriotes" just planned to visit NYC or LA, Sf..
I only hope for you they didn't start singing with Moz ...
Zeriiise heu lite zat never goes outteuuu... :guitar:
If they could bring me back some souvenirs from Elvis's house ty for the message.

That's a great setlist. I am super glad to see How Soon Is Now? and National Front Disco return, though I am sad that Hand in Glove has gone. I am hoping he'll bring that one back by the time I see him.

the French always get under peoples skin,they are as bad as the poles,love the pics though,im sure that's tellason jeans moz is wearing...cool

If you don't like when Moz sings songs with powerful melody and profound lyrics, then why are you a Moz fan?

Great show. I give this the nod over Memphis, mainly due to HSIN and NFD as main set bookends. Backdrop was touching. The crowd was really up for it last night. I personally feel the everyday fans may have felt like they could have used another couple 'classics'. I'm always amazed when I talk to people at or around Morrissey shows and they say it's their 1st or 3rd show or whatever. Sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone who likes Morrissey are uber-fans like us.

I think "Earth is the Lonliest Planet" is weakest if the four new songs but not too bad.

I'm just glad I was not subjected to "To Give" at either show.

Boston/New York next.

the French always get under peoples skin,they are as bad as the poles,love the pics though,im sure that's tellason jeans moz is wearing...cool

What the hell are you talking about you ignorant clown? Have you ever even been to France (outside of Paris)? The French are very nice people, and I am speaking from experience after spending a fair amount of time there. Even most French people don't like Parisians.

First show EVER!! Took my 13 year old son. We had a blast. We were on the main floor, Row M, Section 8. Good seats, great view of Moz...not too good a view of the screen, which is OK, my son doesn't do well with bloody footage of animals being slaughtered. Sat with some fellow white-haireds who had gone to see him the previous evening in Memphis. I had never heard Kristeen Young sing before. Kate Bush meets Yoko Ono. When she wasn't pounding her piano she was actually pretty good. The drummer kicked butt- my son was impressed with the drummer using marching band bass drum mallets to hammer the drums. I did find a clip which reminded me of her lovely singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4om7vnvAXk

Onto Moz. I LOVED his tribute to Maya Angelou. I also loved his tribute to Margaret Thatcher. The setlist was a nice mix-up of old & new. Very nice. My son LOVED that they opened with How Soon Is Now and most of the crowd sang along! One shirt toss...wasn't near it. 5 stage invaders. Wasn't one of them. The Ryman is a very old and very intimate venue...akin to the size of a high school auditorium. It was a pain in the butt (literally) sitting on church pews, but once Moz took the stage, I wasn't sitting! There was a family in front of me with a little boy, maybe about 8...his view of the show was someone's backside...encouraged him to stand on the bench...his concert experience improved vastly. All in all we had a great time. I can't compare it to other shows, as this was my first time seeing Morrissey live. Well worth the 30-year wait. :)

Well that sounds like another good night.

I have to say that I like the frenchies. They have the attitude of the french and are polite like the french, but they dont deserve too much bad press. I think I remember one during the filming of Introducing Morrissey in ....

So there are bigger things afoot here:
1. The new amazing album is out soon
2. The usa has a few dates to go but the UK tour is going to be amazing for us folks here in the wet
3. The band are sounding great
4. The best drummer is back
5. The keyboards are still sounding great.
6. Boz has done a fine job. Well done Boz, just so talented
7. Bass and lead guitars sound sharp and tight.
8. Morrissey has done a grand job getting himself back on stage and has some great new songs,
9. Mike Joyce might be posting but it will be negative.

Last of all, Kristeen Young is sounding great too (and also has a great new album out) and still plays the piano with style and class
- go girl.

In fact, I could be dreaming but this feels just like 2000-6 all over again !

Hazard

Memphis and Nashville Shows: This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Paid way too much for hotel, tickets, and driving to Memphis. Never again. Viva Hate Morrissey. He's a real Douchbag and so were the "Wanna Be Tough Guy Posers with Iron-On Tattoos taking up the front row when they weren't supposed to Posers!"

Memphis and Nashville Shows: This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Paid way too much for hotel, tickets, and driving to Memphis. Never again. Viva Hate Morrissey. He's a real Douchbag and so were the "Wanna Be Tough Guy Posers with Iron-On Tattoos taking up the front row when they weren't supposed to Posers!"

Cool story, bro.

if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

It's true. The human race would be overrun by herds of cows, pigs and sheep, rampaging through the land and turning the planet into one, giant dustbowl.
By eating meat, you are actually helping save people's lives!

I'm sure you'll be missed. Perhaps your money would be better spent at Disney World next time, or perhaps a Pitbull show. If you don't want to see how your food is raised, maybe you should think twice about what you're eating. Anyway, any real fan of Moz knows what to expect.

So, one of our society members tried to present Morrissey with a blue rose during the show, but he ignored it and did not take it.

This is okay--he is not going to take one every time!

L00k for the signs!

Back
Top Bottom