New NME Morrissey interview???

Ok. Here are some random thoughts.

It is important to set clear goals and successfully achieve them. What goals should be set?

What is in it for the bands you suggest? Would it be better to target their fans?

Immigration is a very difficult and separate issue. Our issue should not be the benefits or disadvantages of immigration but to avenge for the hatchet job on Morrissey. That is the issue. Being drawn into an is Morrissey racist debate is now more boring than discussing his sexual interests or lack of and also part of their goal. People are intelligent enough to source the facts for themselves and make their own minds up.

It seems the music industry are already aware Conor McNicholas is not to be trusted. Is a personal attack on him going to achieve anything? Would a better strategy not be to discredit him or cost him?

Could Tim Jonze write a piece on this episode for The guardian?

Hi! Basically the goal would be to avenge Moz and to stand up against journalism that fuels conflict, pain, and hate in the name of peace and love, NME have screwed him over TWICE and they are hurtful to everybody when they make this stuff up. Journalism like this is what fuels hate and war in the world - perhaps not NME... but in general, and in this case, NME.

I think to contact the bands and not the fans only because most of the fans will buy whatever the band shows up in - although going on their forums and presenting a well written letter THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION but simply shows how Morrrissey was attacked in 92 and now again... Show how his words were twisted beyond recognition to those present. Show the whole campaign set up against him clearly for what it is, a pub stunt at his expense after all he has given.

I feel the bands might not want to pass up the publicity that NME gets for them - but some people might be passionate enough and non codependent with the press enough to say "screw this, we are not just going to let you rip apart and twist words and lie about a fellow artist who we admire and who has contributed so much."

Who knows... they might not have much of a spine and throw it in the wastepaper basket... but that is fine because no harm done to Morrissey - its not like we are buying a full page in the New York Times and Herald Tribune calling on everybody to boycott NME... just writing to some managers, bands, and publicists.

I think Jonze should do an expose on the inner workings of NME! :p

Last edited:
And just a side note, I have lived in many countries and I prefer to call myself a human being rather than an american. I am not for national identity, religious identity, gender identity - I am against these forms of conditioning and feel that they should be dissolved and that lines on the earth are unnatural and restrictive. I do not see political or policy changes can ever bring humanity near the kind of freedom and individuality that I believe in, and I feel that change needs to be made on an individual basis. I have friends who are from Czech working in UK and they are nice enough and just trying to live their lives... I live in NY the streets and buildings are filled with people from all over the world and I enjoy that aspect of life and feel it is a wonderful place and way to live... I am grateful I do not live in redneck "heartland" amercia. This has nothing to do with immigration for me... it has everything to do with low life journalism, attacking artists, and fueling conflict in the name of peace and love.

National identity is the last thing I want to perpetuate... that is not what its about for me... in fact, I like Osho's take on it... making fun of the Americans for planting a flag on the moon...

Last edited by a moderator:
don't get me wrong, i worship morrissey

but he's a pompous arse and he's not as clever as he thinks he is and i think he's too used to being surrounded by fawners

i aren't buying the f***ing NME but i had a flick through it in tesco and couldn't believe some of the stuff he was saying - but i was gleeful, cos i love him best when he's embroiled in some feud

and i am "deliciously happy" at the news today that we're going to be treated to the spectacle of morrissey in a legal battle with the nme! :D

Top 10 artists
Our most popular artists:
01. Babyshambles- Big Moz fans
02. Oasis- Big Moz fans
03. The Killers Big Moz fans
04. The Libertines Big Moz fans
05. The White Stripes ?
06. Franz Ferdinand ?
07. Coldplay ?
08. Strokes ?
09. Kings of Leon ?
10. Bloc Party Big Moz fans

I am wondering who to contact? Do you send letters to the publicist or to the manager??? both?

I am wondering who to contact? Do you send letters to the publicist or to the manager??? both?

I think most people in the music industry are probably aware of what is happening by now. The SHIT has really hit the fan

I think most people in the music industry are probably aware of what is happening by now. The SHIT has really hit the fan

of course they are... but did you ever notice that people overlook the fact that perhaps they should boycott - they might be aware, but has anybody called them on their participation with the mag? But perhaps you are right and I am just bored and I should actually go to the park and shoot some pictures of the birds. :o

of course they are... but did you ever notice that people overlook the fact that perhaps they should boycott - they might be aware, but has anybody called them on their participation with the mag? But perhaps you are right and I am just bored and I should actually go to the park and shoot some pictures of the birds. :o

Ah no all power to the people. I just feel that most folks know there's been a stitch-up, but they also probably find morrissey's viewpoint as published slightly offensive, but noone is going to stop putting their adverts in the NME (for thats what the NME is most of the time, including the interviews with various non-entities)

If you see a kingfisher though......

Ah no all power to the people. I just feel that most folks know there's been a stitch-up, but they also probably find morrissey's viewpoint as published slightly offensive, but noone is going to stop putting their adverts in the NME (for thats what the NME is most of the time, including the interviews with various non-entities)

If you see a kingfisher though......

Okay, I suppose now that it has gone to mainstream media and the courts, there is no need for me to get all out of hand while missing the opportunity to shoot birds. It's not a kingfisher but here is one I took that you might like... Thanks for stopping me. :)

6.jpg

Okay, I suppose now that it has gone to mainstream media and the courts, there is no need for me to get all out of hand while missing the opportunity to shoot birds. It's not a kingfisher but here is one I took that you might like... Thanks for stopping me. :)

6.jpg

Beautiful!!!

anyway, I'm pretty sure that something that passes for an apology will happen at some point. I don't think anybody really wants to go to court. They are probably arguing over the wording of some statement right now.

Hi! Basically the goal would be to avenge Moz and to stand up against journalism that fuels conflict, pain, and hate in the name of peace and love, NME have screwed him over TWICE and they are hurtful to everybody when they make this stuff up. Journalism like this is what fuels hate and war in the world - perhaps not NME... but in general, and in this case, NME.

I think to contact the bands and not the fans only because most of the fans will buy whatever the band shows up in - although going on their forums and presenting a well written letter THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION but simply shows how Morrrissey was attacked in 92 and now again... Show how his words were twisted beyond recognition to those present. Show the whole campaign set up against him clearly for what it is, a pub stunt at his expense after all he has given.

I feel the bands might not want to pass up the publicity that NME gets for them - but some people might be passionate enough and non codependent with the press enough to say "screw this, we are not just going to let you rip apart and twist words and lie about a fellow artist who we admire and who has contributed so much."

Who knows... they might not have much of a spine and throw it in the wastepaper basket... but that is fine because no harm done to Morrissey - its not like we are buying a full page in the New York Times and Herald Tribune calling on everybody to boycott NME... just writing to some managers, bands, and publicists.

I think Jonze should do an expose on the inner workings of NME! :p

Maybe we should write to the people who advertise in IPC magazines or petition the IPC board of directors directly? They need to take responsibilty for the man they pay to edit their NME. The slower they act. The more it will cost and damage them, if we arrange boycots of the publications listed below. There would also be an effect on advertising revenue. If we hurt them where it hurts them. They will listen and act.

25 Beautiful Homes
25 Beautiful Kitchens
4x4 Magazine
Aeroplane
Amateur Gardening
Amateur Photographer
Angler's Mail
Cage & Aviary Birds
Caravan
Chat
Chat - It's Fate
Chat Passion
Classic Boat
Country Homes & Interiors
Country Life
Cycle Sport
Cycling Weekly
Decanter
Essentials
European Boatbuilder
Eventing
Golf Monthly
GoodtoKnow
Guitar & Bass
Hair
Hi-Fi News
Homes & Gardens
Horse
Horse & Hound
housetohome.co.uk
IBI
Ideal Home
In Style
Land Rover World
Livingetc
Loaded
Look
Marie Claire
MiniWorld
Model Collector
Motor Boat & Yachting
Motor Boats Monthly
Motor Caravan
Mountain Bike Rider (MBR)
myholidayideas.co.uk
NME
Now
Nuts
Park Home & Holiday Caravan
Pick Me Up
Practical Boat Owner
Practical Parenting
Prediction
Racecar Engineering
Rugby World
Ships Monthly
Shoot
Shooting Times & Country Magazine
Shootinguk.co.uk
Soaplife
Sporting Gun
Stamp Magazine
SuperBike Magazine
The Field
The Railway Magazine
The Shooting Gazette
TrustedReviews.com
TV & Satellite Week
TV easy
TVTimes
Uncut
Volkswagen GOLF+
VolksWorld
Wallpaper*
Web User
Wedding
Wedding Flowers
What Digital Camera
What's on TV
Woman
woman&home
Woman’s Own
Woman’s Weekly
World Soccer
Yachting Monthly
Yachting World
YBW.com

Maybe we should write to the people who advertise in IPC magazines or petition the IPC board of directors directly? They need to take responsibilty for the man they pay to edit their NME. The slower they act. The more it will cost and damage them, if we arrange boycots of the publications listed below. There would also be an effect on advertising revenue. If we hurt them where it hurts them. They will listen and act.

25 Beautiful Homes
25 Beautiful Kitchens
4x4 Magazine
Aeroplane
Amateur Gardening
Amateur Photographer
Angler's Mail
Cage & Aviary Birds
Caravan
Chat ...etc.

Oh, god, if I have to cancel my sub to Yachting Monthly I will simply Die.

Seriously... are these UK-only titles? Did you know that Country Life is a very, very old publication? My husband's grandfather wrote for them in the US edition in the 30s.

I'm just really, really glad that the magazine I work for is not affiliated. Close, but not quite, thanks to some good timing and corporate splitups.

Back
Top Bottom