Nile Marr is actually very talented

H

HiHiThere

The only son of a rock musician who is as talented as his father.
If you like 90s indie rock powerpop bands like The Lemonheads, Juliana Hatfield, Posies, etc, you'll like him.

I totally agree! My favorite Nile song isn’t one of the above, it’s Everything We Miss off the Man Made album. Gorgeous song! And he’s funny too.

I’ve never been able to discern any musical talent at all from him. I must have clicked on his stuff about a hundred times and never made it to the end of a song. Arguably though he had a better voice than his dad.

The only son of a rock musician who is as talented as his father.
If you like 90s indie rock powerpop bands like The Lemonheads, Juliana Hatfield, Posies, etc, you'll like him.

History is filled with the offspring of the rich. obvs.

At least Zowie had the smarts not to pick up a guitar.

Erm, i take it, it was Nile himself who posted this?

I think the songs are not awful, but they aren't anything I would go out to buy or steal.
He sounds like his dad.
He isn't as good on the guitar, as his dad but his singing and words are

Erm, i take it, it was Nile himself who posted this?

I think the songs are not awful, but they aren't anything I would go out to buy or steal.
He sounds like his dad.
He isn't as good on the guitar, as his dad but his singing and words are
Why would Nile post this on here? He's about to go on tour with Hans Zimmer. It's probably one of his teenaged fans.

Why would Nile post this on here? He's about to go on tour with Hans Zimmer. It's probably one of his teenaged fans.
Nope a middle aged fan who decided to check him out along with the new Johnny Marr album.
He's got a great voice. Great vocal melodies. His lyrics are better than his father's. There's a lot of innocence and nostalgia in them.
His guitar playing is actually closer to Johnny's The Smiths days than Johnny's current style. More emotive. Has a bit of 90s alt rock/indie edge than Johnny's doesn't have/never had.
The band I think he sounds like most is actually Ash, with more ballads thrown in.

Nope a middle aged fan who decided to check him out along with the new Johnny Marr album.
He's got a great voice. Great vocal melodies. His lyrics are better than his father's. There's a lot of innocence and nostalgia in them.
His guitar playing is actually closer to Johnny's The Smiths days than Johnny's current style. More emotive. Has a bit of 90s alt rock/indie edge than Johnny's doesn't have/never had.
The band I think he sounds like most is actually Ash, with more ballads thrown in.
Well, I am happy for you Its always nice to find a new band. It's not for me its very basic

English pop/rock is dead in a ditch at the moment. You should listen to an LA Band called VR Sex. The band are ugly but the music is great

two words,wank.

He is a good guitarist with a major attitude problem.
And, like JM, he hasn't got the voice or the full package as an artist. This is landfill indie that sounds like a thousand other bands/songs, sorry.

Last edited:
anyone with any integrity would change their name if they have successful parents,not this roaster,he will be hoovering up every bit of his old mans street cred to go as far as he can.

It doesn't do much for me, but it's still better than the racket Morrissey's nephew made. :squiffy:

anyone with any integrity would change their name if they have successful parents,not this roaster,he will be hoovering up every bit of his old mans street cred to go as far as he can.
He's actually truly indie it seems.
I watched an interview with him.
He saved all the money he made from his Hans Zimmer live performances and rents out a practice/recording space in a Manchester warehouse, that has nothing to do with Johnny's Crazy Face Studio, and practices and records every day it seems.
He said he has enough money that he can do this for around 5 years.

It doesn't do much for me, but it's still better than the racket Morrissey's nephew made. :squiffy:

Brilliant
Quite possibly the best come back ever - Let's not forget that top photographer, video maker Spam
At least Bowie's kid has a brain , I bet Johnnys Kid is way brighter than the trust fund nephews

He's actually truly indie it seems.
I watched an interview with him.
He saved all the money he made from his Hans Zimmer live performances and rents out a practice/recording space in a Manchester warehouse, that has nothing to do with Johnny's Crazy Face Studio, and practices and records every day it seems.
He said he has enough money that he can do this for around 5 years.
Nepotism isn't indie

Back
Top Bottom