NME calls Morrissey "...a petulant little child..."

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
In response to a letter about the Liverpool Echo debacle, this is what the letters editor, Rebecca Robinson, had to say, in superb reportage-style weasel words...

"While not insisting that our pop stars should have to put up with taking a bottle full on the bonce there are some who have questioned whether Moz is a petulant little child in this instance. Fans have paid silly money to see their idol, who then walks off taking the moral high ground with him along with the sympathy of the fans. So who's been most hurt here? - RR"

Peter

One more thing - they have a section about potential band reformations - "THE SMITHS - As his solo career stagnates, could Moz finally be considering it? Probably not..."

Superb stuff.

Peter

By the way, I only bought it for the denizens of Solo, so they wouldn't have to. Really.

In response to a letter about the Liverpool Echo debacle, this is what the letters editor, Rebecca Robinson, had to say, in superb reportage-style weasel words...

"While not insisting that our pop stars should have to put up with taking a bottle full on the bonce there are some who have questioned whether Moz is a petulant little child in this instance. Fans have paid silly money to see their idol, who then walks off taking the moral high ground with him along with the sympathy of the fans. So who's been most hurt here? - RR"

Peter

Ofcourse she has covered herself by saying "there are some", which means that neither she nor the NME can technically be accused of calling Morrissey this, but I accept that it is implied that that's exactly what they think. I'm not defending the NME (I hate the magazine) but in this instance I agree. Morrissey was wrong to take the moral high ground and spoil it for thousands of fans. All this business with the heckler as well, its a tad pathetic. I know I'm purely speculating, but Moz just doesn't seem to be in the best of moods recently, its almost as if there's something wrong

"...a petulant little child.."

I wish I would have thought of that.

I think it's both an accurate and brilliant description.

Petulant little child, eh? It would be interesting to see the journalists stepping away from the anonymity of the printed text, collapse onstage themselves, have a beer lobbed at their head and be told to get f***ed following a well-intentioned joke, then look Morrissey in the eye and call him a petulant little child.

I think the NME needs to work on their incessant bi-polarity with regards to the man before they start throwing out their own pissweak insults.

I think the petulant little child criticism is more accurate for the fans than Morrissey.

The NME has been marginal for years. I resent them for becoming dull, because there was a time when I would race from the tube station to secure a copy and then spend the afternoon lingering over it. Now I have to fill the time in other ways.

*sighs heavily*

...Does ANYBODY still buy that thing anymore...???
Feckin' ell, I remember the days when it used to matter.....

every frgging week its the same old "New future" of music on the Cover.....and they ALL sound like the Wombats( ...who also sound like The Cure....)
I prefer "Knitted garments illustrated.... ( December issue) ....A Bitchin' interview with Alex ( L.A.Hair) Turner this week...about the hardships of telling Sheffield to f*** off, and the difficulties of recording and buying an apartment in America, and growing a poncey hairstyle at the same time....Oh, and being "Pissed" on stage....Jeez, its like Echo and the Bunnymen never happened....)
Still,...At least "Echo and the Bunnymen Monthly" sometimes publishes Cake recipes....

There have been two favourable stories, on NME.com at least, recently. They probably felt they needed to tip the balance.

...Does ANYBODY still buy that thing anymore...???
Feckin' ell, I remember the days when it used to matter.....

every frgging week its the same old "New future" of music on the Cover.....and they ALL sound like the Wombats( ...who also sound like The Cure....)
I prefer "Knitted garments illustrated.... ( December issue) ....A Bitchin' interview with Alex ( L.A.Hair) Turner this week...about the hardships of telling Sheffield to f*** off, and the difficulties of recording and buying an apartment in America, and growing a poncey hairstyle at the same time....Oh, and being "Pissed" on stage....Jeez, its like Echo and the Bunnymen never happened....)
Still,...At least "Echo and the Bunnymen Monthly" sometimes publishes Cake recipes....

Haha.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom