NME calls Morrissey "...a petulant little child..."

no one cares what the nme says - this is how i see it:

Morrissey:Harmlessly intend poor joke
Fan:over reaction
Morrisey:over reaction

and on to the next show

its fine for Morrissey to turn on the lights and ask the fan why he said it - but to force him to leave and then tell him to f*** himself? - why not just say "be quiet or leave"? - he just seems a bit up tight - but then again he is morrissey and who and i?

he sings those songs so wholeheartedly that i imagine a cry of "f*** yourself" mid-splurge could be very disturbing and off putting

however both artist and crowd must expect snaps and crackles like these in the edgy electric atmoshere they create night after night - all part of the shared drama

whatever Morrissey does he can't win with some people - people were saying he should not have left the stage when struck in liverpool - they all wanted instead the lights up and the person responsible ejected.

oddly enough thats exactly what they got in this instance (coincidence?)- and now suddenly people (probably the same people) are calling it unforgivable

tense times - everybody seems to have the itch - tension in the air or is it gun powder? - what ever next?

I can't believe anyone thinks that Moz walking offstage in Liverpool was anything but pathetic. All of this "you would do the same thing too" nonsense...would I f***. At the most you stop the song and make a comment to the offending party and leave them to answer to 'the people'. It would've made so much more of a statement to point out what a dumb thing it was to do and let everyone in the room know exactly who did it, then blazed on with the show than being a massive crybaby who feels embarrassed that his quiff has got a bit damp. Towel, brycreem, comb - sorted. Takes 2mins old chap. To punish the entire audience for the actions of one member is selfish, childish and embarrassing. He should be as ashamed as the person who threw the plastic glass (lets not call it a missile, that's just daft).

Regarding the Hamburg incident, again it was just too heavy handed. Point the person out and let them be embarrassed for what they've done then leave them there to take their punishment. If they're truly ashamed they'll hopefully leave of their own accord.

The sad thing is Moz likes to revel in the images and ideals of working class aggression and violence, confrontation, football hooliganism, skinheads etc so he invites that into the arena but off to hell with you if you happen to involve him in your ghastly working class antics.

Maybe Reader Meet Author was an autobiographical song eh Mozza! :lbf:

Petulant little child, eh? It would be interesting to see the journalists stepping away from the anonymity of the printed text, collapse onstage themselves, have a beer lobbed at their head and be told to get f***ed following a well-intentioned joke, then look Morrissey in the eye and call him a petulant little child.

I think the NME needs to work on their incessant bi-polarity with regards to the man before they start throwing out their own pissweak insults.

:thumb:

I do loath the NME, does anybody still read it?

I understand Morrissey losing it, I would more than likely act in the same way.

That said it isn't the best way to act. If you want to see someone act in a more enlightened and professional way then one should look to Bowie ( as always).
On his las tour some idiot threw a lolly pop stick on stage and it got lodged in Bowie's eye, never the less Bowie carried on regardless- the blitz spirt live on.

Then again as much as I love Moz, Bowie is a more rounded person, not only did he change music but he thought his demons and raised a family.

I'm amazing how you paid attention on NME's words.
Indeed, they should be taken to court again.
Has Moz ever stated about this case?

I can't believe anyone thinks that Moz walking offstage in Liverpool was anything but pathetic. All of this "you would do the same thing too" nonsense...would I f***. At the most you stop the song and make a comment to the offending party and leave them to answer to 'the people'. It would've made so much more of a statement to point out what a dumb thing it was to do and let everyone in the room know exactly who did it, then blazed on with the show than being a massive crybaby who feels embarrassed that his quiff has got a bit damp. Towel, brycreem, comb - sorted. Takes 2mins old chap. To punish the entire audience for the actions of one member is selfish, childish and embarrassing. He should be as ashamed as the person who threw the plastic glass (lets not call it a missile, that's just daft).

Regarding the Hamburg incident, again it was just too heavy handed. Point the person out and let them be embarrassed for what they've done then leave them there to take their punishment. If they're truly ashamed they'll hopefully leave of their own accord.

The sad thing is Moz likes to revel in the images and ideals of working class aggression and violence, confrontation, football hooliganism, skinheads etc so he invites that into the arena but off to hell with you if you happen to involve him in your ghastly working class antics.

Maybe Reader Meet Author was an autobiographical song eh Mozza! :lbf:

Oh, so the working class is the only class that courts yob antics is it?
I expect your idea of working class culture is OASIS.Which says a lot about you.
Morrissey, uses those images because he was bought up in a working class home and because they are icons of outsiderdom. He has never reveled in violence and aggression.

Back
Top Bottom