Objections

the judge

Listening to Morrissey some rational objections come to my mind (I'm not talking about emotianal understanding or empathy). Maybe I don't catch the "real sense" or his humour or whatever... well, that's what I think. Mind, I love his lyrics.

"rejection from a fool is cruel"
If he's fool, then why should you care? He can't understand. Would you get angry if your granpa with Alzheimer's disease didn't recognise you? It's just an example question.

"Why did you give me so much love in a loveless world, when there is no one I can turn to to unlock all this love"
Lots of people would be pleased if you'd give them your love, but they are not the ones who you would love. Did you mean this?

Anyone who feels the same or has other rational objections?
I think there's something else, but I cannot remember right now.

If he's fool, then why should you care? He can't understand. Would you get angry if your granpa with Alzheimer's disease didn't recognise you? It's just an example question.

Yeah, but look at it this way: it hurts to get rejected, period. But to get rejected by a dumbass? That's way worse.

Maybe the said person is not a fool in that sense....but a fool for rejecting Morrissey? They don't see the worth in him & that makes it harder to be rejected.

So much love....well sometimes one can feel quite passionate but not have anyone to share it with or people who are 'kindred spirits'. As Morrissey has said of his audience "I thought they were giving me the hugs that I didn't get anywhere else" and that his need for this physical contact is greater.

I think the lyric makes sense.

"Why did you give me so much love in a loveless world, when there is no one I can turn to to unlock all this love"
Lots of people would be pleased if you'd give them your love, but they are not the ones who you would love. Did you mean this?

So much love....well sometimes one can feel quite passionate but not have anyone to share it with or people who are 'kindred spirits'. As Morrissey has said of his audience "I thought they were giving me the hugs that I didn't get anywhere else" and that his need for this physical contact is greater.

I think the lyric makes sense.

yes. exactly. good answer :)
those lyrics make so much sense to me, ive felt like that most of my life....filled with so much love, passion, and desire, but have no one to unleash all this love to...hence, i love myself :rolleyes:

Maybe the said person is not a fool in that sense....but a fool for rejecting Morrissey? They don't see the worth in him & that makes it harder to be rejected.

I thought about this, he becomes a fool because he doesn't want Morrissey, but I put that in the sentimental comprehension.

I think the point here is that a fool may be not be able to understand the complexity of the situation. "Oh, I reject you because I'm too stupid to understand you or what is going on!" Personaly, I would rather be rejected by someone who had the mental apptitude to understand the situation and give me a real reason for it.

Simmilar answer as before - immagine being full of love with no one to share it with. Full of passion but with no one to be passionate with - it must be horrible.

I think Morrissey has echoed these ideas in previous songs. Perhaps as in "I am hated for loving" It is a illuding to forbidden love, echoes of homoeroticism (sp?) which 'must not be acted upon'?

Especialy if you take it in a Christian sence - Jesus is to be revered and his words are the words of God which must be followed.... And for many Christians homosexual love is forbidden - perhaps this is why he feels that Jesus "Deserted" him, and felt "Hurt" by that?

But he forgave Jesus for filling him with "Desire, when there is nothing I can do with this desire" - Jesus said (Allegidly) that it is wrong for one man to desire another. "There is nothing I can do with this love" - Again, because Jesus said (Allegidly) that it is wrong for one man to love another (In a romantic sence)

Immagine being given $100,000,000 but being stuck in a desert where you won't get the chance to spend a single cent of it for your whole life....?

Just my thoughts!

Those are very good answers. To me it always meant that being rejected by a fool would be doubly humiliating because it isn't the type of person you would be proud to be associated with anyway. Complex people can find charm in simple people but being in a relationship that is obviously unequal is usually looked on with some disapproval. So when the dummy dumps you then you really feel twice the loser. That's what I always thought it meant. The qualities of the person, not the quality of the rejection.

Back
Top Bottom