OMG Courtney Love is so thin

Re: OMG COURTNEY LOVE is SO THIN!

She was on heroin when she was pregnant.

I had read that, but I read somewhere else it wouldn't affect her daughter. But obviously it would.

1857417888_7844064159.jpg

Last edited:

I loved 'Live Through This'...anyway I think that's what it was called...
I could never understand how they came up with their daughter's name...

It's also rumored that she was named after Frances Farmer. Courtney wore one of Farmer's dresses as her wedding dress.

cobain_love_wedding.jpg

Kurt wrote a song about her that's on In Utero, called "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle."

Frances Bean Cobain in her late dad’s clothing

Last edited by a moderator:

She's highly underated as a musician and lyricist and she could have been a great actress too if she hadn't pissed it up the wall.
Still; she's a survivor.

From a musical standpoint she really isn't anything that special. They credit most of their songs to just "Hole" on Live Through This which makes it hard to tell if she is even writing the guitar parts to the songs. I consider this to be by far there best record and it is often said that Cobain wrote much of it. Even if she did write it, it's pretty much all power chords which are simple to play, especially the way a lot of Hole songs are a written.

I like Hole but to say that Courtney Love is a talented musician is a massive exaggeration. She is musically competent.

Now, about those pictures in the article.. how did anyone even recognize her? The photos look like pictures of some random anorexic. Very sad.

From a musical standpoint she really isn't anything that special. They credit most of their songs to just "Hole" on Live Through This which makes it hard to tell if she is even writing the guitar parts to the songs. I consider this to be by far there best record and it is often said that Cobain wrote much of it. Even if she did write it, it's pretty much all power chords which are simple to play, especially the way a lot of Hole songs are a written.

I like Hole but to say that Courtney Love is a talented musician is a massive exaggeration. She is musically competent.

Now, about those pictures in the article.. how did anyone even recognize her? The photos look like pictures of some random anorexic. Very sad.

You can be as snotty as you want; I have liked all her music from the mega grunge days to the polished sickly pop solo stuff, and the only common denominator there is her. She means something to people of my generation; I met five of my best friends through the hole board and they remain my friends to this day, and they all still love court.
She writes gorgeous lyrics, is one of the only female musicians who has survived and is known generally in the mainstream, she is really smart, despite all the stupid things she does, and she looks cool most of the time (not in this new skeletal phase, admittedly).
She also outlived that lily-livered little boy who blew his brains out. She won't be the next one dead, because she survives. That's what she does.

You can be as snotty as you want; I have liked all her music from the mega grunge days to the polished sickly pop solo stuff, and the only common denominator there is her. She means something to people of my generation; I met five of my best friends through the hole board and they remain my friends to this day, and they all still love court.
She writes gorgeous lyrics, is one of the only female musicians who has survived and is known generally in the mainstream, she is really smart, despite all the stupid things she does, and she looks cool most of the time (not in this new skeletal phase, admittedly).
She also outlived that lily-livered little boy who blew his brains out. She won't be the next one dead, because she survives. That's what she does.

Frankie_says_relax_t-shirt.jpg

well it's so boring... she killed kurt cobain.. heroin whilse she was pregnant... kurt cobain wrote her songs... I've been hearing it for 16 f***ing years now, no wonder I'm ratty.
That's old age for you.

well it's so boring... she killed kurt cobain.. heroin whilse she was pregnant... kurt cobain wrote her songs... I've been hearing it for 16 f***ing years now, no wonder I'm ratty.
That's old age for you.

your arguments against bored were silly. all he said was that she wasn't a very good musician. he said nothing about her song lyrics, or her ability to inspire you or your best friends. and he didnt bring up heroin or killing kurt. you were the one coming across as snotty. almost every post you make is defensive, no matter what the topic. i can just imagine you all red faced with clenched teeth while you type. it'll be okay, i promise.

your arguments against bored were silly. all he said was that she wasn't a very good musician. he said nothing about her song lyrics, or her ability to inspire you or your best friends. and he didnt bring up heroin or killing kurt. you were the one coming across as snotty. almost every post you make is defensive, no matter what the topic. i can just imagine you all red faced with clenched teeth while you type. it'll be okay, i promise.

I don't need to imagine you, however, as I've seen you posing all over the f***ing joint.
Whatever.

I don't need to imagine you, however, as I've seen you posing all over the f***ing joint.
Whatever.

way to come back at me with something that has nothing to do with anything.

i'm one of the nicer ones to you here. too bad you can't take some constructive criticism.

way to come back at me with something that has nothing to do with anything.

i'm one of the nicer ones to you here. too bad you can't take some constructive criticism.

Oh, sorry, were you one of the ones I'm meant to bow down to? I get confused with all the cliques on here.
Do you actually care about anything? I don't think i've ever seen you stand up for what's right or make a point about something that means something to you.
I'd rather be everything that you said than to care about nothing.
I'd rather be a total hypocrite.
I don't need your constructive criticism; I like Courtney, and I felt like defending her. It is a board for exchanging opinions, after all.
At least I have one.

Oh, sorry, were you one of the ones I'm meant to bow down to? I get confused with all the cliques on here.
Do you actually care about anything? I don't think i've ever seen you stand up for what's right or make a point about something that means something to you.

yes, many times. I'm not gonna go back and find direct quotes, but I've voiced strong opinions about things in threads involving religion, politics, and depression, among others.

I'd rather be everything that you said than to care about nothing.
I'd rather be a total hypocrite.
I don't need your constructive criticism; I like Courtney, and I felt like defending her. It is a board for exchanging opinions, after all.
At least I have one.

whatever. you're just proving my point. I doubt Courtney would appreciate you calling Kurt a lily-livered little boy though.

yes, many times. I'm not gonna go back and find direct quotes, but I've voiced strong opinions about things in threads involving religion, politics, and depression, among others.

whatever. you're just proving my point. I doubt Courtney would appreciate you calling Kurt a lily-livered little boy though.

So? I can have my own opinion on that too.
Well I'm pleased you have an opinion on things, I'm sorry I missed it, and I look forward to reading about it in other threads.
Fancying Conor oberst is a start, anyway. :)

So? I can have my own opinion on that too.
Well I'm pleased you have an opinion on things, I'm sorry I missed it, and I look forward to reading about it in other threads.
Fancying Conor oberst is a start, anyway. :)

you didn't miss my strong opinions on Bruce Springsteen, i know that. :thumb:

you didn't miss my strong opinions on Bruce Springsteen, i know that. :thumb:

Bruce is omnipotent at the moment. I even had my picture taken by a billboard of his at the weekend.
(But I saw Brandon & his teeth and they were better!) :)

But I think that is the point to her music and her music philosophy - anyone can play it - which is kind of an empowering thing to do. when I saw Hole play live Courtney was encouraging females to pick up the guitar and demonstrated how to play power chords to show how easy it can be. I think that is a good thing.

All I said is she is a competent musician at best in terms of her guitar playing skills. I stand by it. I actually said I like Hole. I don't think accusing someone if being competent at guitar as being snotty.

But I think that is the point to her music and her music philosophy - anyone can play it - which is kind of an empowering thing to do. when I saw Hole play live Courtney was encouraging females to pick up the guitar and demonstrated how to play power chords to show how easy it can be. I think that is a good thing.

There is nothing wrong with that. I've seen her live too and it was a great show. I just don't want people to think she even compares to the likes of Boz or Alain who in the grand scheme of things don't even rate as great guitarists.

Last edited:

All I said is she is a competent musician at best in terms of her guitar playing skills. I stand by it. I actually said I like Hole. I don't think accusing someone if being competent at guitar as being snotty.

There is nothing wrong with that. I've seen her live too and it was a great show. I just don't want people to think she even compares to the likes of Boz or Alain who in the grand scheme of things don't even rate as great guitarists.

It doesn't even matter though; she is an icon. She stands for something bigger. :)

Back
Top Bottom