OMG this is terrible

And some of the comments

'with the morrissey version i could;nt feel the intensity'

What are these people on?

Poor souls. They are just philistines.

And this is what the youth of today listen to? That Chemical Imbalance version is sloppier than a dog's breakfast.

And some of the comments

I like MCR a lot, but I think the worst comments are the ones that say Morrissey doesn't know what tempo of song his lyrics should be applied to. :rolleyes: The song is not supposed to be seen as a lunatic murder singing, the way Morrissey sings it (and so obviously intends it to be sung!) makes it sound almost romantic, to me at least.

And some of the comments

Well, these 'people' are just carbon copies of...some f***ing moron with a bad taste in music.

I like AFI, but not as much as My Chemical Romance. Their version isn't very good, but it is superior to that disaster by My Chemical Romance. At least this one has a slightly better feel to it, actually reminds me more of the studio version than the Beethoven was Deaf performance. I get it in their early days MCR were into screaming and all, but it doesn't sound anything like the original. The AFI lead singer isn't a great vocalist, but he tries and does almost okay.

I like AFI, but not as much as My Chemical Romance. Their version isn't very good, but it is superior to that disaster by My Chemical Romance. At least this one has a slightly better feel to it, actually reminds me more of the studio version than the Beethoven was Deaf performance. I get it in their early days MCR were into screaming and all, but it doesn't sound anything like the original. The AFI lead singer isn't a great vocalist, but he tries and does almost okay.

Hey Moz-MCR buddy, just wanted to agree with you about the whole Jack The Ripper thing.....I only like their later stuff, i don't like artists who scream and i can't make out the lyrics.....oh, and i don't know who AFI are:o

Hey Moz-MCR buddy, just wanted to agree with you about the whole Jack The Ripper thing.....I only like their later stuff, i don't like artists who scream and i can't make out the lyrics.....oh, and i don't know who AFI are

Hello Moz-MCR buddy. :D

AFI are Morrissey, The Cure, and Duran Duran fans (three of my favorite bands, so that's why I'm pointing that out :p). There are some similarities between the two. Both of them started out much more in the vein of hardcore punk with some screaming, so essentially, both started out bad. :p Both then became a little more mainsream, so essentially better ;), started to become more popular, and then put out even better albums that were more diverse and became bigger names.

I've heard parts of MCR's first album and it isn't truly awful, but it is so inferior to The Black Parade. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is pretty great too, but The Black Parade is a masterpiece.

Hello Moz-MCR buddy. :D

AFI are Morrissey, The Cure, and Duran Duran fans (three of my favorite bands, so that's why I'm pointing that out :p). There are some similarities between the two. Both of them started out much more in the vein of hardcore punk with some screaming, so essentially, both started out bad. Both then became a little more mainsream, so essentially better , started to become more popular, and then put out even better albums that were more diverse and became bigger names.

I've heard parts of MCR's first album and it isn't truly awful, but it is so inferior to The Black Parade. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is pretty great too, but The Black Parade is a masterpiece.

:D woah...hang on, is AFI not a music group then, or (me being thick ) is it a pet name for the fans.....*cough*....er anyway, don't get me wrong but i love some punk track, although not a lot.....I listened to all three albums and i have to agree with everything you said, again......:D The Black Parade is the first thing i heard and i loved the whole album there isn't a track on it i don't love, and yes, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is preety cool, but me not like screaming at all....

:D woah...hang on, is AFI not a music group then, or (me being thick ) is it a pet name for the fans.....*cough*....er anyway, don't get me wrong but i love some punk track, although not a lot.....I listened to all three albums and i have to agree with everything you said, again......:D The Black Parade is the first thing i heard and i loved the whole album there isn't a track on it i don't love, and yes, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is preety cool, but me not like screaming at all....

AFI is a band, yes, it stands for A Fire Inside. :D Actually they do have a petname for their fans, I can't remember it though, it's the something Faction I think. Yeah The Black Parade is great from beginning to end, I love every song on there. What is your favorite song on Three Cheers? I'm thinking maybe Give 'Em Hell, Kid even though that is somewhat punk-ish, and of course there is To the End and Cemetery Drive (the title clearly influenced by Cemetry Gates, considering they mention "cemetery gates" in the lyrics).

Put simply, this kind of drivel should not be allowed. Absolutely heinous.

AFI is a band, yes, it stands for A Fire Inside. :D Actually they do have a petname for their fans, I can't remember it though, it's the something Faction I think. Yeah The Black Parade is great from beginning to end, I love every song on there. What is your favorite song on Three Cheers? I'm thinking maybe Give 'Em Hell, Kid even though that is somewhat punk-ish, and of course there is To the End and Cemetery Drive (the title clearly influenced by Cemetry Gates, considering they mention "cemetery gates" in the lyrics).

Oh, :o My favourite songs on Three Cheers are, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison, The Ghost of You and ....er.......oooh there are so many.....i'd have to go with I'm Not Okay....(plus all those you mentioned...hehehe..:D )

Oh, :o My favourite songs on Three Cheers are, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison, The Ghost of You and ....er.......oooh there are so many.....i'd have to go with I'm Not Okay....(plus all those you mentioned...hehehe..:D )

I forgot about Guys Like Us in Prison! You know even though the overall "sound" usually isn't my style, I always forget how great it is. Listing all these great songs, I never remember them like they deserve. I forget and think of Three Cheers as like this great band that did The Black Parade starting to get better but still caught in their old style. But it is nothing like that, it is an amazing album after all.

Every "scene" or "emocore" band these days seems to be influenced by Morrissey and seem to be covering his songs and I have yet to hear a cover version of one of Morrissey's songs that sound half decent. Death Cab for Cutie (shit band) covered This Charming Man and it made my eyes and ears bleed.

It seems like Morrissey is becoming a bit of a cult hero now amongst today's newer bands. :rolleyes:

Utterly dire...should be made to do community service or something.Give a bit back to the community for their crime.

I've been meaning to look up that version (My Chemical Romance) for a little while. Now I've heard it I wish I hadn't bothered. Awful. The AFI version isn't so bad.

Yep, this version blows. "Jack the Ripper" is one of my favorites, too. Regarding good cover versions: the cover of "This Charming Man" by Stars is quite good.

Back
Top Bottom