Peter Hogg

Young And Alive

Who was he?

Another of Morrissey's long-term friends on the 1991-2 world tour was someone called Peter Hogg.
Day: "I detested him. He was a real troublemaker, always sticking the knife into other people's backs."
But who was Pete Hogg?
"Please don't ask me," pleads Jo Slee. "Let me just refer you to the '91 tour programme. Peter Hogg was down as "rent-a-chap", and that's all I can say."

Who was he?

Another of Morrissey's long-term friends on the 1991-2 world tour was someone called Peter Hogg.
Day: "I detested him. He was a real troublemaker, always sticking the knife into other people's backs."
But who was Pete Hogg?
"Please don't ask me," pleads Jo Slee. "Let me just refer you to the '91 tour programme. Peter Hogg was down as "rent-a-chap", and that's all I can say."

Ooooh. You're delving into dangerous waters there.

No one knows much about him. The only other time I've heard him mentioned is as Morrissey's manager at the first meeting between Morrissey and Mick Ronson.

i read about that in a fanzine(jammy stressford or a chance to shine) which was published in the 90 ties where someone who is a american event mangager who also did organize the morrisseygigs talks about in an radio interview which was printed there about"some people who dont have no need to be there beside keeping the artist happy" and he talks about morrissey`s staff a rounfd that time too a bit
idont know the exact phrasing i will look for it

there is one pic of him, moz, and spencer on he toutrbus on morrissey-shot book

here is another pic from the 91 tour..which has peter hogg displaying(sunglasses on)
sandiegoe.jpg

peter hogg was also seen with moz during a (private) holiday in california 92 ,doing typical holiday activities: being on the beach, shopping...
which was a few months prior to the records signings
they were seen with peter doing summer activities by fans who stated that in a fanzine during that time

moz did thank him in the rhino "best of" in the liner notes years later

Last edited:
All I remember that he was credited as "Rent-a-Chap" on some promo or something. :p

He was accused of being a troublemaker by Spence-ah, but what he did on that Kill Uncle tour and what services he performed remains a mystery to this day.

Monkey business, probably.

Happy, no, but our Moz looks hot as hell, and is he munching on a packet of crisps? :D

I'd have to agree with you there. I sense a Frink Annex developing here. Forget this Peter guy, bring on some more Moz in a bus pics PLEASE!

MORRISSEYTOUR-A: (to Spencer) Oh yeah, who is Peter Hogg?

COBRIN: Oh my God! Why does that guy always spring up?

MORRISSEYTOUR-K&A: Who is he?

COBRIN: He was he just a friend that came on the road.

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: Was he horrible? Gary said he was horrible.

COBRIN: He had these peculiarities.

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: Who's friend was he?

COBRIN: He was a friend of Moz's.

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: We find it funny that no one seems to know who he is.

COBRIN: Well you know, you bring someone out on the road with you. It can get quite lonely and very trying. You know you're touring from city to city.

MORRISSEYTOUR-A: He was the "Rent-A-Chap."

[laughter]

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: Rent-a-chap! So he was there for amusement?

COBRIN: Yeah, amusement. Definitely.

[laughter]

MORRISSEYTOUR-A: (to Spencer) Oh yeah, who is Peter Hogg?

COBRIN: Oh my God! Why does that guy always spring up?

MORRISSEYTOUR-K&A: Who is he?

COBRIN: He was he just a friend that came on the road.

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: Was he horrible? Gary said he was horrible.

COBRIN: He had these peculiarities.

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: Who's friend was he?

COBRIN: He was a friend of Moz's.

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: We find it funny that no one seems to know who he is.

COBRIN: Well you know, you bring someone out on the road with you. It can get quite lonely and very trying. You know you're touring from city to city.

MORRISSEYTOUR-A: He was the "Rent-A-Chap."

[laughter]

MORRISSEYTOUR-K: Rent-a-chap! So he was there for amusement?

COBRIN: Yeah, amusement. Definitely.

[laughter]

So basically Morrissey took him along for everyone to take the piss out of? :D Poor bloke.
Though I suppose if he was a horrible backstabber he deserved it.

Happy, no, but our Moz looks hot as hell, and is he munching on a packet of crisps? :D
Yes, Mozzie looks like an angel- what was he doing with that terrifying bloke:eek:- and yes, he is eating some crisps. Amusing to see he was eating the same things as in the Smiths.

Back
Top Bottom