Please read this important message.

• Thread starter "No Longer Parallel"
  • Start date
N

"No Longer Parallel"

I just want to discuss a little thing that has started to tug at me today. I spent my day feeling very nostalgic, so I dug out my old Smith/Morrissey videos.
I attended all of the US shows from this current tour and was very very pleased to see him again, and in great form..BUT...Somthing got to me today. As I was watching the old Smiths shows from "The Tube", "TOTP", "Old Grey Whistle Test", and various concerts I sat their with a smile on my face, almost transfixed with the audience. It was just so nice to see the crowd, all smile, DANCING, happy, emotional, it seemed really very personal and inviting. And I couldnt do much else but think about these last shows I attended. and just how much more colder it seemed. I mean nobody really dances, or waves around happily or even smiles at each other for that matter. Everyone seems to get upset if you barley ndge them. I observed a lot of this because I went to all of the shows alone. I mean yes it is still great to be at the shows and everyone cheers and is excited...but I guess what I am tring to get at is that there is no longer a sense of unity, like we are all happy to be there together, and enjoy it. Instead you see people sneering at each other, and being very unappreciative....Maybe its just me, but as I sat here watching those crowds in the videos, it kind of semed a bit, well, sad.
I mean who cares if somebody bumps into you, or accidentaly pushes you(in reason of course). I say we all lighten up and stop bad mouthing each other. Instead welcome each other and enjoy those moments together, happily......
Well, I plan on catching more shows when he swings back to California, and I just think that it would make for a more enjoyable experience....and who knows, but I am sure He would also see it...
Well thats all I had to say....Thank You fr your time.

That Was The The Best Post I've Ever Seen On This Message Board

very good post

thank you

> I attended all of the US shows from this current tour... I
> mean nobody really dances, or waves around happily or even
> smiles at each other for that matter. Everyone seems to get
> upset if you barely nudge them. I observed a lot of this because
> I went to all of the shows alone...but I guess what I am tring to
> get at is that there is no longer a sense of unity, like we are all
> happy to be there together, and enjoy it.
You experienced this even at the Tempe show? I agree with your sentiments as far as the California shows went, but the AZ show was *wonderful*. A virtual family, really. By the time Morrissey came on stage, I had met at least 5 new people around me, one of whom later pulled me up with him closer to the stage. I had bruises from the Tempe show in places that I didn't realize I had skin, but no one was rude or mean like at the Arlington or Coachella. We were all really happy to be there and together. I felt like we were family, with our home in Morrissey and the way he makes us feel. I've never had that feeling at another show.
> I mean who cares if somebody bumps into you, or accidentally
> pushes you(in reason of course). I say we all lighten up and
> stop bad mouthing each other. Instead welcome each other and
> enjoy those moments together, happily...and I just think that it
> would make for a more enjoyable experience....and who knows, but I
> am sure He would also see it...
Amen, brother. "Can't we all just get along?" I hope some of the meanies read that and repent. Mean people suck. Generally speaking, though- I think that Morrissey fans collectively are some of the sweetest people around. I think most are enthusiastic, not rude. I hope Morrissey thinks that, too. I add my wishes to yours for good vibes and happy times together at the new US tour dates. A Moz show is a beautiful thing.

Well its obvious why!

They were paid audience members silly! Old Grey Whistle Test, TOTP and all those let people come in and had Paid audience...If I was getting paid to be nice to people at a Moz show I would stop stepping on all those little girls' feet too!

Re: Well its obvious why!

Very true! Also most TOTP and Tube audiences were there to see several bands and not just The Smiths and probably couldn't have cared less about Moz et al. Anyway, as far as I recall the Old Grey Whistle Test never had an audience at the bands recorded in a TV studio.

> You experienced this even at the Tempe show? I agree with your
> sentiments as far as the California shows went, but the AZ show
> was *wonderful*. A virtual family, really.

I agree. I thought the crowd at Tempe was great, and everyone was really nice and really excited.
In London I was surrounded by idiots. One guy behind me kept yelling, "you suck! You old man!" How rude! And the second night this guy told this girl next to me she was a "retard" and she should leave, and then pushed this girl out of the front so he could stand at the rail. So much for English politeness.
Someone asked Morrissey "where did you get your wig?" to which he rolled his eyes.
One funny thing, though: Someone yelled out "Give me a shirt Moz!" and Morrissey said, "do you have a preference? This one [meaning his black 'canning youth sauna club' shirt] or blue? No one ever gives me a shirt". Ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom