Post your dodgy Smiths & Morrissey merchandise

found anothe thing: a christmas bauble

oh noes:p:D:p

at bravado(thnks to the girl/boy who post the link in the beltbuckle thread

I have the first album which I consider pretty dodgy.

The production is terrible.
The mix is horrendous with the snare drum being the loudest thing in almost every song.
The vocals are by far Morrissey's worst effort.
The falsetto's are too frequent and too long.
I rate this album only slightly better than Kill Uncle.

found anothe thing: a christmas bauble

oh noes:p:D:p

at bravado(thnks to the girl/boy who post the link in the beltbuckle thread

oooh now THATS tempting... wonder if i could sneak one onto the tree :rolleyes:

I have the first album which I consider pretty dodgy.
The production is terrible.
The mix is horrendous with the snare drum being the loudest thing in almost every song.
The vocals are by far Morrissey's worst effort.
The falsetto's are too frequent and too long.
I rate this album only slightly better than Kill Uncle.
:eek::eek::eek:
but what about the lyrics..what about reel around the fountain, still ill,the hand that rocks the cradle, pretty girls make graves, hand in glove and every other song on it..i agree the production may not be the best, to say the least and morrissey`s vocal is a bit flat and not how he works his voice in later years..but the lyrics and the wonderful melodies johnny created is ...wonderful, unique and ...
must say im not a fan of the falsetto part in miserable lie...at all..Im pretty much alone concerning that...but ..oh well...but beneath that

with kill uncle ..I know they are people who like this album(a lot) but the melodies and the musical creations are pretty average. nothing what sticks in your mind and the lyrics... there is not one quotable lyric or any line which can move you to tears or.. .compare the KU lyrics to the smiths debut album
and what the KU musical contributors create in comaprsion what little pop gems johnny create
Im glad he changed them when Arsenal came out and didnt stick by them
.I think the major part is tht a lot of people got introduced through KU to him and therefore like the album xcause its also the first concert they saw of him where these songs are performed..where they fare better compared to the album..but the lyrics....hmmm

Last edited:
Es gefällt meinem Vati sich nicht, auch. :)
haha oh noes, really?:eek::p:p
you know the falsetto parts in come back to camden or trouble loves me for example are breathtaking and i adore them but in miserable lie its just annoying and it sounds unbalanced and flat in search for a better word/(but i like his singing on the other parts of the song aND i Looove the lyrics
Im sure Im not the only one conce that falsetto part on ML

Last edited:
haha oh noes, really?:eek::p:p
you know the falsetto parts in come back to camden or trouble loves me for example are breathtaking and i adore them but in miserable lie its just annoying and it sounds unbalanced and flat in search for a better word/(but i like his singing on the other parts of the song aND i Looove the lyrics
Im sure Im not the only one conce that falsetto part on ML

I was trying to say that my Dad doesn't like the falsetto on Miserable Lie either, like you. :o I'm sorry! I always seem to go wrong when I speak German.

I was trying to say that my Dad doesn't like the falsetto on Miserable Lie either, like you. :o I'm sorry! I always seem to go wrong when I speak German.
no no I just did feel old right now.....when you sais your dad didnt like it either... thts why that expression :eek:
your german is perfectly fine, my dear

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek:
but what about the lyrics..what about reel around the fountain, still ill,the hand that rocks the cradle, pretty girls make graves, hand in glove and every other song on it

There are lots of good JM parts. Lyrically I like Reel Around the Fountain, You've Got Everything (Nothing) Now, Hand In Glove, Still Ill and Suffer Little Children. Not a big fan of Miserable Lie, TCM, I Don't Owe You Anything, What Difference Does It Make, Hand that Rocks the Cradle.

Hatful of Hollow is a much better record.

I don't really have any truly dodgy items. I am pretty fussy about the quality of things that I purchase. If a badge or a poster or a shirt is a knock-off I simply won't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom