Realistic Set List for Summer Shows

Harsh Truth

Ever Felt Had?
some Southpaw, some new songs, some standbys, one or two surprises..... "Speedway" ignored again, of course.

Something is Squeezing My Skull
Billy Budd
All You Need is Me
The Boy Racer
Is it Really So Strange?
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
The Loop
Sister I’m a Poet
That’s How People Grow Up
Hand In Glove
Honey You Know Where to Find Me
Interesting Drug
Cemetery Gates
Reader Meets Author
Suedehead
****New Song****
Irish Blood English Heart
Stop Me if you Think You’ve Heard This One Before

Encore:
I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
First of the Gang to Die

Last edited:
I expect 2007 US and 2008 January/February setlist with some other songs (Children in Pieces).

Honey You Know Where to Find Me?
Definitely no chance.

Definitely no chance.

If it winds up on the new SG re-release, it might be somewhat possible. Definetly a longshot though, I'll give you that.

Expect it'll be pretty much the same set list as on the dates earlier this year, don't think there'll be any more new songs until the album is released but equally don't think there'll be much in the way of extra classics/crowd pleasers, it seems like more of a Morrissey concert with a lot of support acts than a traditional festival so I don't think he'll feel the need to sing any more of the "well known" songs (eg Panic or Everyday Is Like Sunday) for the non-believers. Something from Southpaw would be great though.

Definitely no chance.

i wouldnt say definitely yet till we see the new southpaw track listing

If it winds up on the new SG re-release, it might be somewhat possible. Definetly a longshot though, I'll give you that.

i agree

Not a chance, SG reissue notwithstanding. He'll act as if he has no idea it's being reissued.

i'm not so sure , he will still be making money off the back of it , he has anounced it on TTY which would make me think it will be slightly promoted , if there are 4 new songs then you might find them getting sung to promote the album as i cant see him doing interviews or press about the re-issue ,at the end of the day its him that makes he money off it , its not like a smiths release where he doesnt get much

1. How Soon Is Now
2. All You Need Is Me
3. You Have Killed Me
4. That's How People Grow Up
5. The Youngest Was The Most Loved
6. I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
7. Picadilly Palare
8. My Dearest Love
9. My Love Life
10. Stretch Out and Wait
11. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
12. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
13. Children In Pieces
14. Death Of a Disco Dancer
15. Irish Blood, English Heart
16. Something Is Squeezing My Skull
17. Reader Meets Author
18. The National Front Disco
19. Billy Budd
/ 20. Now My Heart Is Full
// 21. First Of The Gang To Die

...any chance?

Love PTxx.

Personally he should drop How Soon is Now? and First of the Gang to Die from the setlist.

I think he won't play My Dearest Love.

1. How Soon Is Now
2. All You Need Is Me
3. You Have Killed Me
4. That's How People Grow Up
5. The Youngest Was The Most Loved
6. I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
7. Picadilly Palare
8. My Dearest Love
9. My Love Life
10. Stretch Out and Wait
11. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
12. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
13. Children In Pieces
14. Death Of a Disco Dancer
15. Irish Blood, English Heart
16. Something Is Squeezing My Skull
17. Reader Meets Author
18. The National Front Disco
19. Billy Budd
/ 20. Now My Heart Is Full
// 21. First Of The Gang To Die

...any chance?

Love PTxx.

seems fair enough for the most part. "Picadilly Palare" is the biggest longshot on here obiously.

I've been calling for "My Love Life" for years... I think it would fit right in with the newer material and might sound really nice with some keys.

Personally he should drop How Soon is Now? and First of the Gang to Die from the setlist.

I agree with "How Soon is Now." Enough already. But I never seem to tire of "First of the Gang to Die"

I agree with "How Soon is Now." Enough already. But I never seem to tire of "First of the Gang to Die"

First of the Gang to Die is the most played song in live so far.

Hope November Spawned A Monster will be back on the setlist. :p

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
Glamarous Glue
All You Need Is Me
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
You Have Killed Me
The Teachers Are Afrad Of The Pupils
That's How People Grow Up
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
Frankly Mr Shankly
Life Is A Pigsty
I Like You
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Tomorrow
He Knows I'd Love To See Him
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
/The Last Of The Famous INternational Playboys

Something like this, about 17 songs on the festival gigs with one encore, 19-21 on the ordinary concert. Vauxhall will probably be dropped again while YA will be represented by two songs. SG might have one song and he will probably surpise us with one old b-side. And, as usual, one or two new Smiths songs and the possibly also a completely new song.

Edit. First Of The Gang To Die & How Soon Is Now? will probably also be played on many dates:D.

I have had three of my biggest wishes granted during the last tour (Still Ill, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, The Loop), so I can't complain by any means. So I am still left with That Joke Isn't funny Anymore, which would be a wonderful addition obviously, and it would still fit into a modern set perfectly. And it would be great if he brought back Yes I Am Blind, or I'm The End Of The Family Line/There Is A Place (even though he said he won't play anything off Kill Uncle again).

For gigs that are just Morrissey fans then I agree but I think for festivals he will play it safe and stick them in. I love How Soon Is Now but tire of FOTGTD, I think he should play Trouble Loves Me!

My preference....

Now My Heart Is Full
First Of The Gang To Die
Something Is Squeezing My Skul;l
Interesting Drug
Irish Blood, English Heart
Disappointed
Billy Budd
You Have Killed Me
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Tomorrow
Let Me Kiss You
The Operation
Life Is A Pigsty
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
I Wan't The One I Can't Have
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
Sudedehead
We Hate It When Our Friends Becomme Successful

Trouble Loves Me
The Of The Famous International Playboys

Ah, really I could make better ones

Maybe slightly off-topic, but does anyone know who will be on the keys at these gigs? Not that Pooley bloke again, I hope.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Patience is a virtue

Maybe slightly off-topic, but does anyone know who will be on the keys at these gigs? Not that Pooley bloke again, I hope.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Unfortunately Mikey decided to stop touring with Morrissey due to family situation.

It's almomst impossible to fill the gap of Mikey, but can you give more time to Kris to get used to play live with Morrissey and the lads?

Re: Patience is a virtue

Sorry, I'm being quite harsh I realise. I just didn't think he was up to much by any standard, really. The tromboning at the end of Boy Happy was vile, for instance. I wasn't particularly keen on his backing vocals, either. Hopefully it's something which can be improved.

I'm hoping for a Mikey return - he came back after skipping the Pasadena gigs last year, afterall....

Back
Top Bottom