Request to User Houdini: Please Update All Time Poll!

I've come across this site a few months back and thoroughly enjoyed the results of the all-time poll conducted by the Genius Houdini.

Now my question to Houdini is : Can we , newcomers to this site , still cast our votes on the 234 songs already polled ? I will certainly participate in the polls for the new songs but would love to be able to do that on the older songs as well.

I've come across this site a few months back and thoroughly enjoyed the results of the all-time poll conducted by the Genius Houdini.

Now my question to Houdini is : Can we , newcomers to this site , still cast our votes on the 234 songs already polled ? I will certainly participate in the polls for the new songs but would love to be able to do that on the older songs as well.

That's a good point - I think the old threads are still votable. Will these be recalculated or are we staying with the original scores?

That's a good point - I think the old threads are still votable. Will these be recalculated or are we staying with the original scores?

Yes, they are still votable, just follow the original link in my first post above.

However, as the threads have all been archived by now, they cannot be brought back and hence are unlikely to attract many new votes. And as most polls have attracted well over 150 votes there are unlikely to be significant changes in the songs ratings.

Last edited:
No, they are not. User Kewpie kindly asked me not to put up any more polls for the moment, and he/she does have a point, so I haven't put up the polls just yet, but will definitely do so in the, not so distant, future.

Oh. :( Oh well - I'm going on holiday next week, so at least this way I might be around for the whole thing. :)

Re: hmmm

And at that point we'll say "God, I'm glad I voted a year later instead of half a year. I feel so different about YoR and its b-sides now."

Sorry, I don't get it.

Houdini won't post the polls until later this year or January 2010.

Houdini won't post the polls until later this year or January 2010.

is that what most of us want? I was under the impression that people were keen to get it going again.
it's been well over a year since we finished the last one, and enough time has elapsed for us to appraise the YOR material objectively.

This time of the year, not many users come to the forums.

Also better wait for proper release info of 'Sword'.

If there is indeed a new (or new/old) track on Swords then it's worth waiting a few months longer. I'm sure Stephane will be able to tell us sooner than that whether we'll see new material.

OK, now that we know that there aren't any new tracks on "Swords", how about getting the poll going?

it went on for months like a never-ending tyranny.:straightface:

i hate those tyrannies that last for a period of only months but, simultaneously, never come to an end. they're terrible. everybody's heard of them.

keep up the good work.

OK, now that we know that there aren't any new tracks on "Swords", how about getting the poll going?

Yes, as I promised earlier the polls will continue! Now that there are no new songs to be released on Swords, and no hint of any new songs in the near future, there is no reason to wait any longer.

Yes, as I promised earlier the polls will continue! Now that there are no new songs to be released on Swords, and no hint of any new songs in the near future, there is no reason to wait any longer.

Take your Time, don't let you push you.

better a good poll of the songs after the big one, than a hurry up screwed
up one

greetings :thumb:

Glad to hear it, I'm curious to see how high "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" will place. Thank you for all your work with the poll, Houdini!

Back
Top Bottom