Roundhouse re-scheduled dates likely to be 8th, 9th & 10th Feb.

I would rather a refund for the Friday than nothing at all. There's no mention of allowance for this anywhere. Infact, on the Roundhouse Morrissey page, they incorrectly state that Morrissey stopped Friday's gig after FIVE songs! Three and a half is not five songs to me!!

I wonder if there's a clause that says no refund if the performer has done 5 or more songs...

In which case I'm going to kick up a real fuss and suggest everyone else with Friday tix does the same!

I certainly will. Im really hoping for a resceduled date though instead of a refund. But if we get nothing, I will be f**king livid.

am i been completely blind or something...has there been any news regarding the rescheduling of dates??? i thought there was going to be press realese today...

I agree with Mel and lottie.

On Monday 21st it started raining after 4:30pm, they decided to give us a shelter, let us wait inside of the building around 5:45pm which was highly unusual and very thoughtful (it'd had been great if they could let us in 4:30pm, still I really grateful to them).

I'd look forward seeing more gigs in Roundhouse in near future. :)

i could not believe how wonderful the staff and security were for all of these shows. I even think to write a thank you letter!! that good.

am i been completely blind or something...has there been any news regarding the rescheduling of dates??? i thought there was going to be press realese today...

Not as far as I can tell. You'd think they could at least set people's minds at ease about the weekend gigs, too...

Edit - Just rang See, and a (surprisingly) nice man said they're still waiting to hear from the promoters, who are apparently being particularly slow.

Last edited:
from xfm

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=561291

those of us who went on the friday,....its not looking too hopeful for a rescheduled show! Not according to whats been said here anyway. :(

"The former Smiths vocalist lost his voice just five songs into the fourth night of his six-night run at the legendary Chalk Farm venue last Friday (January 25). The remaining dates (January 26 & 27) were scrapped.

But there is good news for ticket holders for the rest of the tour and the last two Roundhouse dates. Said a spokesperson:

"The sold-out UK tour is scheduled to continue in Doncaster on Wednesday night (January 30). All ticket holders to the Roundhouse dates should retain their tickets and an announcement will be made this week."

from xfm

those of us who went on the friday,....its not looking too hopeful for a rescheduled show! Not according to whats been said here anyway. :(

"The former Smiths vocalist lost his voice just five songs into the fourth night of his six-night run at the legendary Chalk Farm venue last Friday (January 25). The remaining dates (January 26 & 27) were scrapped.

But there is good news for ticket holders for the rest of the tour and the last two Roundhouse dates. Said a spokesperson:

"The sold-out UK tour is scheduled to continue in Doncaster on Wednesday night (January 30). All ticket holders to the Roundhouse dates should retain their tickets and an announcement will be made this week."

There again, it also said there were only two dates left (Doncaster and Sunderland), so maybe they just don't actually know what they're talking about? Hopefully?!

from xfm

this is still bothering me. as far as i'm concerned, it would be absolutely outrageous if friday's gig isn't re-scheduled. i have faith that it will be, just wish someone would tell us what's going on!

Getting increasingly anxious about the fate of those of us who were at the friday gig. I agree with the earlier post, it would be outrageous if we were only offered a refund whilst sat and sun ticket holders were given rescheduled dates. 3 and a quarter songs cannot constitute a gig can it?!!!!! we've every right to a rescheduled date as those who were going at the wekend.

If they only offer a refund I think we're going to have to do some serious complaining to the promoters.

When Ross was on stage he said to hang onto our tickets and that we'd definitely see Moz in the near future....wish that was a legally binding statement!

Getting increasingly anxious about the fate of those of us who were at the friday gig. I agree with the earlier post, it would be outrageous if we were only offered a refund whilst sat and sun ticket holders were given rescheduled dates. 3 and a quarter songs cannot constitute a gig can it?!!!!! we've every right to a rescheduled date as those who were going at the wekend.

If they only offer a refund I think we're going to have to do some serious complaining to the promoters.

When Ross was on stage he said to hang onto our tickets and that we'd definitely see Moz in the near future....wish that was a legally binding statement!

I saw Whitesnake in 2006 and they had to finish after 4 songs as David Coverdale was running backstage to throw up every 10 seconds.. that eventually got resheduled..
Dunno if that makes you feel any better? :cool:

The grumpy people dealing with the wristbands were from See Tickets, only the staff on the main bit of the box office are Roundhouse staff.

From now until 14 Feb is set aside for private hire / corporate functions so it can’t be the weekend of 8-9 Feb. 15-17 is fine though as Moishe’s Bagel is in the small downstairs FreeDM studio, not the main space that Moz will be using. That said, I’m praying it’ll be the one after (or later) when I’m back in the country from my hols... Isn’t there supposed to be an announcement today?

And nice to see the positive feedback about the staff - all of us stewards are volunteers, there simply because we love music and we love the venue!

Thanks for the info, Zelda and a big up to you and your fellow Roundhouse staff members for your exceptionally wonderful service!

Please, please, please let it be the weekend of the 15th -16th February!!! Does anyone know if he is definitely well enough to do Doncaster and Sunderland?

i hope its not that weekend, im in venice with college and i would die should i be forced to miss it

didnt they say information to be given on monday?
Im sure this lateness could be interpreted as bad news

stop it fred, stop thise thoughts right now...

positive thoughts,
otherwise its bad karma.
:(:)

I think people will get refunds or rescheduled for Friday. Remember that gig he played in the US last year where he had to go off after playing about half the set? That was rescheduled and the people ended up getting more for their money!

Back
Top Bottom