Russell Brand..urgh

:)He`d actually be quite good looking if he got rid of all the stupid hair.

Maybe he`ll get quiffed up.Fingers crossed.

He called his cat Morrissey. He clearly loves Morrissey, and (having eventually managed to listen to the radio show!) it sounds like he can get a good interview out of Morrissey. I mean, he got Morrissey to give him a hug!
Or would Morrissey pinpin Russell first?!

Is that a Madame Toussaud take on Morrissey? Please say yes.

Just watched his new live dvd. Its bloody hilarious. He walks on stage to Sister I'm a poet

used to think he was a twat but now really like him

Just watched his new live dvd. Its bloody hilarious. He walks on stage to Sister I'm a poet

used to think he was a twat but now really like him

Oh dear. Your original suppositionwas correct. Theres some funny stories in your local paper, it doesn't take a Morrrissey fan to point that out to you

I'm surprised so many people say Brand is "very intelligent", he doesn't strike me as so (and I'm not judging him by his accent!). He looked very out of his depth on Have I Got News For You the other week, but I do acknowledge that knowing about current affairs and being intelligent can be two separate things.

As you can tell, I'm not a Brand fan - but I'm happy for him - he's a Solo-er at heart and must be very excited.

I'm surprised so many people say Brand is "very intelligent", he doesn't strike me as so (and I'm not judging him by his accent!). He looked very out of his depth on Have I Got News For You the other week, but I do acknowledge that knowing about current affairs and being intelligent can be two separate things.

As you can tell, I'm not a Brand fan - but I'm happy for him - he's a Solo-er at heart and must be very excited.

I thought it was more like the older generation: The rest of the cast, didn't know how to deal with him. He held his own in the chair reserved for attack. He did seems a little bit nervous and under the influence. In my opinion, it would be difficult for anyone to say he isn't a clever cookie and believe that. There are better comedians but not too many. The only, arguably funnier person on the show was Paul Merton. I find Russell Brand immediately annoying then I fall for his style of charm, wit and use of words. Doubt I could every really like him.

Brand New Video

ok, so I couldn't see where I'm supposed to post this. somebody move it?

I've just had an e-mail from "remembertheeighties.com" and they have some fantastic breaking news:

MORRISSEY has recruited comedian Jo Brand to appear in the video for his forthcoming single 'That's How People Grow Up' which will be released next month to precede a new greatest hits collection, see NEWS for the album tracklisting.

Solow got it wrong again!

Re: Brand New Video

anyone who comes to the London to see Morrissey, hoping to find a ticket
around the venue....Well,have I got good news for you

Somewhere else in a London theatre you can go to see Boy George, whose
also on his greatest hits tour [isn't he always?]

:o

my writersblock:eek:head is slowly fading, I'll guess lots of you find that
not a good thing

Re: Brand New Video

ok, so I couldn't see where I'm supposed to post this. somebody move it?

I've just had an e-mail from "remembertheeighties.com" and they have some fantastic breaking news:

MORRISSEY has recruited comedian Jo Brand to appear in the video for his forthcoming single 'That's How People Grow Up' which will be released next month to precede a new greatest hits collection, see NEWS for the album tracklisting.

Solow got it wrong again!

http://angryape.com/news/2007/12/morrissey-video-to-feature-russell-brand

Some details on The new video have been found!

I found this from a gossip website that I frequent, then I looked up the source with the original article.

From http://angryape.com/news/2007/12/morrissey-video-to-feature-russell-brand

Morrissey Video To Feature Russell Brand

Comedian Russell Brand is to star in the next video from Morrissey, for his new single That's How Grow Up.
Brand is a big fan of the former Smiths front man and will be shooting the video in Los Angeles soon, before the single reaches its release date of January 28th.
That's How People Grow Up also ties-in with the impending Greatest Hits compilation - released just a week later on February 4th 2008.

yay! In L.A.! i want to be in the video!!

Last edited:
If the press and the populous says something is good I tend to avoid it like the plague, and I'm rarely wrong. I missed the first 3 series of the Simpsons while the rest of the world were "Doing The Bartman" (now caught up thank you) and avoided Brand for the same reason.

Recently I've grown to quite like him. He has a certain charm and can be very amusing, in a Frankie Howerd sort of way and he is also patently a lover of the English language, a trait I find deeply analeptic. He does pass that other litmus test too though. You know, the one we here secretly (or not) judge others by. He loves Morrissey. That means he can't be all bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom