Signed Vinyl at the Birthday Gig

there was a guy on the 23rd buying 5 with an american accent, nobody was best pleased with him wanting so many, most people in the queue took time to tell him how selfish he was because he was buying for his 'friends who were stuck at the front'. in all fairness he was a selfish douche and couldve been doing that at every night. Luckily I still got one, though. Sitting atop my wardrobe in its bag until i get one of those record frames.

I can see the appeal of having something signed if you were the one to get it signed, as that can be a lovely memento of a moment - for example, I got Simon Pegg to sign a press pack for 'How To Lose Friends...', which is the perfect reminder of my first experience of "real" journalism.
Pre-signed things only appeal to me under very selective circumstances - my signed Ash album booklet only really means something to me because my friend thought to keep it for me as a present after getting it at a gig.

That said, I do agree with you that it would be awful to skip out on the encore and miss out on both that and the vinyl.
I do agree with everyone saying that it should be one per person but, equally, I can also appreciate that Still ILL was picking up the extra copies for friends rather than for personal gain.

To me the point is very simple: 1 person gets 1 vinyl signed. You want to buy a second one? You go back, you queue again and , if any at all, you ll get the second one. I am amazed this was not the case, unfairness got it all...
Cheers Moz

Back
Top Bottom