something about Morrissey

• Thread starter Deleted member 31782
  • Start date
Is it Moz you're talking about here? :-/

I'll clarify, it's not difficult for me. the moderators published it, and it passed without any negativity. no one has made fun of it the way you make fun of other posts, just because they are not as cynical as you are used to.

since being on this forum has a bad effect on me for various reasons. I stop coming here. the moderators have my email. if someone from Mr. Morrissey's environment or the moderators have any complaints about me, you can speak out to me there. :swearthank you all for the language training.:thumb:

Mr. Morrissey, forgive me for writing about you in comparison with Warhol under a different nickname. It is not true. I wrote it out of anger.

Mr. Morrissey, forgive me for writing about you in comparison with Warhol under a different nickname. It is not true. I wrote it out of anger.
Post approval for "anons" is not, nor has it ever been 'instantaneous' - waiting is just something you'll have to cope with. Also, stop addressing moderators in posts. Use the feedback forum as per previous advice.
FWD.

I can't leave you. I got attached to you, you little rascals. :blush:by the way, I realized here what the song suedehead is about. he read the little prince in the clip there. we are responsible for those who have been tamed. not even a year has passed🤪

I can't leave you. I got attached to you, you little rascals. :blush:by the way, I realized here what the song suedehead is about. he read the little prince in the clip there. we are responsible for those who have been tamed. not even a year has passed🤪
Yeah, not even a year has passed since The Queen is dead (see what I did there?) but what has this got to do with a suedehead ... or Suedehead ... or with anything for that matter? Or is it that Moz reading The Little Prince is a secret message for His Majesty The King formerly known as Prince Charles? o_O Enquiring minds boggle.

see what I did there?
No:rolleyes: what?

Yeah, not even a year has passed since The Queen is dead (see what I did there?) but what has this got to do with a suedehead ... or Suedehead ... or with anything for that matter? Or is it that Moz reading The Little Prince is a secret message for His Majesty The King formerly known as Prince Charles? o_O Enquiring minds boggle.
Please accept my condolences on this sad event (the death of the Queen). if you're British, of course.
why are you such a bore, I was just standing in line for the bus with my phone, it was inconvenient, and I wrote everything with a small letter. I didn't write someone's name with a small letter:mad:

Or is it that Moz reading The Little Prince is a secret message for His Majesty The King formerly known as Prince Charles? o_O Enquiring minds boggle.
Mr. Morrissey just read this and shuddered. Aren't they too perceptive? he thought. They become dangerous...

Vauxhall
1.Falkes de Bréauté
2.''Located on the south side of the Thames across from Whitehall. It was an area of avenues, gardens, covered walks and booths in which one could obtain a drink. It provided a place to take the air, and also for providing discreet, amatory meetings. By the early 18th century it was notorious for its quantity of prostitutes.''
3.MI6 (Military Intelligence, Section 6)

California Son (2019)

California | Etymology: Probably Spanish after California, a Utopian island of the Amazons described in Montalvo's Las sergas de Esplandián, a 16th-century Spanish novel. The name comes from the fictional island's Muslim-allied queen, Calafia, whose name is a play on Arabic خَلِيفَة‎ (ḵalīfa, “caliph”). Invented by the author to remind Spanish readers of the recent Reconquista.

In the novel, Calafia is a pagan warrior queen who ruled over a kingdom of Black women living on the Island of California (an island off the coast of Asia). Calafia is convinced to raise an army of women warriors and sail away from California with a large flock of trained griffins so that she can join a Muslim battle against Christians who are defending Constantinople. In the siege, the griffins harm enemy and friendly forces, so they are withdrawn. Calafia and her ally Radiaro fight in single combat against the Christian leaders, a king and his son the knight Esplandián. Calafia is bested and taken prisoner, and she converts to Christianity. She marries a cousin of Esplandián and returns with the remainder of her army to California for further adventures.

California Son (2019)

California | Etymology: Probably Spanish after California, a Utopian island of the Amazons described in Montalvo's Las sergas de Esplandián, a 16th-century Spanish novel. The name comes from the fictional island's Muslim-allied queen, Calafia, whose name is a play on Arabic خَلِيفَة‎ (ḵalīfa, “caliph”). Invented by the author to remind Spanish readers of the recent Reconquista.
Thank you :highfive: I think most likely this name is due to the fact that it was accepted in California, while there were problems at home. the previous message is also about the connection of the place with Morrissey. which one, let everyone guess himself:brows:

Potentilla
1. another name "mother's love"
meaning
1. male strength and health
2. protection from evil forces

I think most likely this name is due to the fact that it was accepted in California, while there were problems at home.

Yes, that's the surface reading and certainly the most intended one. Yet that doesn't exclude an esoteric reading. The possible reference to "a pagan warrior queen who ruled over a kingdom of Black women" would be very much in line with Morrissey's known fondness for lesbians, the Black Panthers, and his affection for 60s/70s Afro-Americana, which had a commendably pagan aesthetic to it.

88d00271c2a5f8e26f8bb67b0506128d.jpg

The fact of Calafia converting to Christianity and siding against the Muslims could be saying something about Morrissey's reaction to the Notre-Dame cathedral fire (one month before California Son's release) and his expressed dislike of Islam. He appears to have thrown in with the Catholic matamoros these days, holding up a crucifix when he performs the song.

Yes, that's the surface reading and certainly the most intended one. Yet that doesn't exclude an esoteric reading. The possible reference to "a pagan warrior queen who ruled over a kingdom of Black women" would be very much in line with Morrissey's known fondness for lesbians, the Black Panthers, and his affection for 60s/70s Afro-Americana, which had a commendably pagan aesthetic to it.
it's too hard for me:confused:, and the lesbian clause traumatizes me:tears:.

it's too hard for me:confused:, and the lesbian clause traumatizes me:tears:.

I'm not sure what you mean. Morrissey has a fondness for lesbians. I don't know how else to put it. Моррисси любит лесбиянок. He likes them and I think it overlaps with his like for androgyny. This should not be traumatizing. Jean Seberg is on his drum kit, and though she was not a lesbian she 1. is credited with popularizing a pixyish lesbian chic in Breathless, 2. played a character who had a lesbian affair in Lilith, and 3. was a known supporter of the Black Panthers. It all comes together. Hijo de California: a spiritual son of the land of Queen Calafia.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race" -​

I disagree for this reason.
The theory of intercultural communication states that of all the categories that identify us, religion is the most important. nationality is in second place.Accordingly, love (I think this is what Morrissey was talking about, about families and children) can be stronger than attachment to race if two people are of the same faith. And it will be a self-sufficient and integral union both from a mental and genetic point of view. Since the Christian faith teaches that God can transform a person mentally and physically.
Another question is that Morrissey may have assumptions about the superiority of one nation over another. And for this reason, he considers it harmful for different nations to mix with each other so as not to spoil the offspring of the more developed side.

again, this is what people who have not had the happiness to truly love or are not believers think. because the members of the same church all over the world are brothers and sisters on earth and in heaven, regardless of nationality. this is not metaphysics. these are very mundane things.
PS/ I just came across this statement of his

Вы христианка, Элеонора?

Back
Top Bottom