Morrissey Central "SONGS UNSUNG (Part 1) “Action Is My Middle Name”" (May 2, 2023)

So, could this veiled statement (action/can't waste time anymore/unsung songs) mean:
'I'm done with record companies, & have finally decided to self-release my songs, while I still can'?
(I've avoided any morbid connotations).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this from the Visconti thing

These random tracks that have graced YouTube for years really deserve proper releases because they are as good as other people's very best material despite them having been shunned by M himself.

Let's see what exactly Part Deux will bring!

These random tracks that have graced YouTube for years really deserve proper releases because they are as good as other people's very best material despite them having been shunned by M himself.
Moz must have enough for a full studio album of tracks that never got a proper studio release. He should record the lot on a new LP, then stick it in the vault along with 'Bonfire' and 'Without Music'.

I’ve never really liked this song, or any of the others he premiered on Janice’s show. I was relieved when they didn’t appear on WPINOYB.

We definitely missed out on a Morrissey studio album around 2011/2012 - all the signs were that it was going to be produced by Visconti, but Moz just couldn't get a deal at the time. A couple of tracks from that period like 'Scandinavia' hung around long enough to sneak onto 'World Peace', but I'm sure the tracklisting would have been substantially different.

A shame to think what might have been. Then again, it probably would have had 'The Kid's a Looker' on it, so maybe I should be thankful it never got off the ground? :unsure:

The only song from this batch I didn't like was Scandinavia. And of course that's the one that got officially recorded/released.

Nice, the one from (I think) the Janice long show has been on my phone since he performed it
i was getting ready to go to the dundee show when the four new songs were put on here for download,had to get them on my phone for the train to glasgow then to dundee,great concert,those were great days to be an M fan.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom