"Spent The Day In Bed" - new single debuts on BBC Radio 2 / The Chris Evans Show (Sep. 19)

Chris Moyles played it on his Radio X breakfast show this morning. They loved it so much that they played it again a minute later. I listen to the station a lot and I've never heard them play a song back to back like that before. They were really positive about it.

They play a lot of Moz/Smiths stuff so I'm sure they'll add it to their playlist and fingers crossed they might even make it their record of the week. Which means that it's guaranteed to be played at least once on every show throughout the day for a week.

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of positive reactions so far. Well outside of here

Which, in turn, makes the song awful. Right? I mean, this is Morrissey we're talking about. The famous lyrical genius. The true and proper laureate. Not a 14 year old in a school talent content with a keyboard and Garage Band.

Honestly, I just gave it another 5 straight listens after being totally flattened by it first thing this morning. It's gone from a 1 to a 2 on a 1o-scale. But, just one man's opinion, of course. Decide for yourself. But I'll eat my shoe if this song becomes an international super-hit that Morrissey so desperately wants.

Pillows are like pillars!

But then, even songs that everyone liked didn't become international super-hits.

Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself.”
"We will have no choice but to destroy North Korea,” - trump

I wonder if the news is trying to frighten us ?

guess we could all spend the day in bed... as N.Korea goes up in smoke.

Que Sera Sera?

:(

Finally made it home!
Spent the day in A and E after listening to BBC 6 music this morning, at around 8:40 am. I burst out laughing and couldn't stop, it progressively got worse and worse, all I can remember is drifting in and out of consciousness in the back of the ambulance.
I was put into an induced coma as the Doctors feared I was at high risk of a rare condition called
Death from laughter.
All is well now though and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Doctor Hiloskool, his staff and the NHS for saving my life.
Mrs B suggests I take the day off tomorrow and spend the day in bed :brows:.

#thank God Steve no longer performs in the UK

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The song surprised me, I was expecting more of the same, or WPINYB all over again (even though I loved WPINYB)
I like this song, I don't love it.
BUT now I feel much more excited about the new album, I'm glad he's not scared of experiment...

Chris Moyles played it on his Radio X breakfast show this morning. They loved it so much that they played it again a minute later. I listen to the station a lot and I've never heard them play a song back to back like that before. .

That's called "BMG took us out for a night on the town last week with a wink wink, nod nod...."

I must say that the new song is slowly growing on me ... it's certainly better than anything on WPINOYB, and it's far more pleasing to the ears, loudness-wise. Let's hope the album won't have any of those useless/endless noisy intros/outros that the fillers on WPINOYB had.

sounds like a bonus track from a deluxe edition of swords, enigma and mystique crumbling by taking up social media, never mind it was fun while it lasted

The music is so trivial, embarrassing and ridiculous that it sounds like a Robbie Williams album filler. To put things into perspective: compared to this, Kill Uncle that Morrissey is so ashamed of is an astonishingly powerful work of music.

Which, in turn, makes the song awful. Right? I mean, this is Morrissey we're talking about. The famous lyrical genius. The true and proper laureate. Not a 14 year old in a school talent content with a keyboard and Garage Band.

Honestly, I just gave it another 5 straight listens after being totally flattened by it first thing this morning. It's gone from a 1 to a 2 on a 1o-scale. But, just one man's opinion, of course. Decide for yourself. But I'll eat my shoe if this song becomes an international super-hit that Morrissey so desperately wants.

Pillows are like pillars!

" But I'll eat my shoe if this song becomes an international super-hit that Morrissey so desperately wants."

You might start with cooking it from now on to make it a bit softer and digest it a bit easier. Gawd, I hope it's vegan. For you I mean.

Stranger things have happened.
It is a quality Moz pop-single, in all aspects, catchy, funny, radio-friendly, a bit underwhelming but it has a hidden persuasion, it is really subtile and it appeals to a feeling so many people can have.

Top popular music, as in good in the ear, easy to sing along with.
To whistle along with, to hum a long with, and to have a smile on your face while doing so.

I've listened to it four times now and it gets even better every time.
With all respect, just my opinion of course. :thumb:

" But I'll eat my shoe if this song becomes an international super-hit that Morrissey so desperately wants."

You might start with cooking it from now on to make it a bit softer and digest it a bit easier. Gawd, I hope it's vegan. For you I mean.

Stranger things have happened.
It is a quality Moz pop-single, in all aspects, catchy, funny, radio-friendly, a bit underwhelming but it has a hidden persuasion, it is really subtile and it appeals to a feeling so many people can have.

Top popular music, as in good in the ear, easy to sing along with.
To whistle along with, to hum a long with, and to have a smile on your face while doing so.

I've listened to it four times now and it gets even better every time.
With all respect, just my opinion of course. :thumb:
you realy are trying to find the silver lining here aren't you?

actually, I think we paid for them ! :lbf: ;)

So it better be f***ing good sheets qualitywise too!
Don't think he's gonna cut costs on his expenses for that. :rolleyes:
The credit crunch is over, spend, spend, spend! :p

or... 'Will Anything Be Good Enough For You ?" ;)

No. He has a very simple taste. A bit like the man he critises so much.
Only the best is good enough.

" Will Anything Be Good Enough For You ?" ;)[/QUOTE] "

Good song or album title too! :thumb:
His fans are almost starting to make better titles than the man himself. Almost. But than the lyrics, not so.
You shouldn't have stated it in your post. But send it to Moz by homing pidgeon. To use it freely.
Now he can't anymore. :(

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of positive reactions so far. Well outside of here

That is not entirely true.
There are many fans here getting RSI from typing their praise.
That's what you get for not staying in bed. :(

Back
Top Bottom