Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I was watching the Purdue basketball game last night and they have a player, Haarm, on their team. The interviewer compared his hair to both Drago from the Rocky movie and Morrissey, and he said he likes the Morrissey comparison. The hair, chin and ears are all there.

310637_GettyImages-933630788_exxdst_MyAJC.jpg

Don't have the image but there was a banner at today's Liverpool - Spurs match. It read 'with the drive and the dreams inside this is my time'.

Nice little I Won't Share You reference. You do seem to get a few at football grounds around England but I thought that was a good one.

I was watching the Purdue basketball game last night and they have a player, Haarm, on their team. The interviewer compared his hair to both Drago from the Rocky movie and Morrissey, and he said he likes the Morrissey comparison. The hair, chin and ears are all there.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who saw this.

I saw that, too. Didn’t help their game any though. Are you moving your bets to the Spartans yet? You should be!

A homeless man called me Mr Morrissey this morning, and started singing 'I would go out tonight'. He's obviously seen me at my best/worst. I imagine it's how fame feels, when you have people who know of you, but you've no idea of who they are. I suppose I should feel ashamed but I feel quite pleased to be associated with the 'lowest of the low', as some people would think of them.

'Curious' ~ Josh Peck's podcast ~ featured arch visualist Mark Romanek.
Around the 29 minute mark, in answer to a question about being disappointed meeting your heroes, he mentions that he almost got to work with Morrissey once on a video.
He had idolised him, loved his "novelistic" way of lyric writing, and was worried that he'd be kinda snobby. He still likes him, but he doesn't approve of his "racist" comments, "obviously". But when he met him he was "great."

Curiously, later on in the podcast, when asked about Michael Jackson, he makes no mention of the fact that he repeatedly raped children. Great dancer though. And at least he wasn't "racist"

https://shows.cadence13.com/podcast/curious-with-josh-peck

í believe he is referring to almost shooting a video for "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get".
That video is still regularly credited to Romanek for some reason, although it was eventually shot by the Scots fashion photographer Albert Watson.
í don't know what precisely went on, but there was obviously a bit of a problem with the video for that single.
í remember the single was out and in the charts and various TV station were playing a cut&paste compilation of previous promos to accompany any screenings.
The Watson film eventually appeared a week after the single charted.
The 'NME' scuttlebut at the time also had Moz walking off an Anton Corbijn shoot for the single, so í think Watson was third choice lucky.
Morrissey once remarked that he made him look actually handsome.

Last edited:

Regards,
FWD.

Nice shirts, not tacky for a change.

Can’t wait to see what’ll be in the set Friday, though with these Canada shows so close to the Broadway dates, I can’t imagine the set list being that different, hope I’m wrong.

Oops I thought these were official.

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom