Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I was in a Gadget Shop in Manchester Arndale on Sunday when they played "There is a Light..." and the 3 young male assistants all sang along loudly, and one of them started dancing around the shop! :D
I couldn't help joining in!.. to the utter dismay of my children! :o

your a complete embarrassment:D

Computer game Counter Strike Source.

I was absolutley flabbergasted when i saw these in CS:S's map cs_assualt, the street names are very familiar and of course the big name on the building were i ever unsure of the reference.

I have debated much over the use of "Steven" in one of the streets, possibly reffering to Stephen Street in a complete blanking of the main man, especially how the other names are presented.

I hope not, because then i have to hate the developers for somthing i should have loved them blindly for :p

BBC Sport website mentions the playing of Panic,

"Phil Mcnulty asks if there's Panic on the streets of Anfield"

"Marvellous song though it is, "Panic" by The Smiths may not have been the most appropriate choice of pre-match music by Anfield's resident DJ just as Everton fans were giving voice to their belief Benitez was "cracking up"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2009/01/benitez_sideshow.html

they only song that 15 mins or so into the game. george put panic on 29 mins before kick off:guitar:

Was in a pub i don't normally frequent called Granny Gibbs in Glasgow on Sat night and my friend was thumbing through the karaoke choices book and we started spotting several Moz/Smiths songs.She couldn't resist putting up FOTGTD,Irish Blood and Bones by the Killers and belting them out good style.That was great in itself but the unexpected aspect was that the karaoke presenter turned out to be a huge Moz fan and sang a great rendition of There Is A Light inbetween the 'usaual karaoke suspects'.It was a top night!

Computer game Counter Strike Source.

I was absolutley flabbergasted when i saw these in CS:S's map cs_assualt, the street names are very familiar and of course the big name on the building were i ever unsure of the reference.

I have debated much over the use of "Steven" in one of the streets, possibly reffering to Stephen Street in a complete blanking of the main man, especially how the other names are presented.

I hope not, because then i have to hate the developers for somthing i should have loved them blindly for :p

I've heard about these before. And the 'Stephen' one does seem like a reference to Stephen Street as you say, because surely they would've put Steven if they were referencing Morrissey.

p.s. Haven't played Counter Strike in years. More of a Call of Duty on XBox 360 man myself.

Was in a pub i don't normally frequent called Granny Gibbs in Glasgow on Sat night and my friend was thumbing through the karaoke choices book and we started spotting several Moz/Smiths songs.She couldn't resist putting up FOTGTD,Irish Blood and Bones by the Killers and belting them out good style.That was great in itself but the unexpected aspect was that the karaoke presenter turned out to be a huge Moz fan and sang a great rendition of There Is A Light inbetween the 'usaual karaoke suspects'.It was a top night!

I went to a dingy pub in Oldham once and some 60-odd year old just got up singing 'Heaven Know's I'm Miserable Now'. Bless him.

Just had to go and have a look at that again on youtube,great parody,if you aint seen it check it out.Bernard Manning sings The Smiths on youtube.

I was reading the ceefax entertainment pages this morning and one article was about the online film critics annual awards, anyhows it mentioned that a swedish vampire film called LET THE RIGHT ONE IN had won a few awards...
never heard of it, but looked it up on YT briefly, heres the trailer (looks rubbish to be honest!)
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ckdZpYVn38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ckdZpYVn38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Moz reference or coincidence? hmmm..:confused:

I was watching Coronation Street once and Tyrone Dobbs said something someone melting down someones records and making a Morrissey bust out of them, and it looked nothing like him apparently.

I was reading the ceefax entertainment pages this morning and one article was about the online film critics annual awards, anyhows it mentioned that a swedish vampire film called LET THE RIGHT ONE IN had won a few awards...
never heard of it, but looked it up on YT briefly, heres the trailer (looks rubbish to be honest!)
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ckdZpYVn38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ckdZpYVn38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Moz reference or coincidence? hmmm..:confused:

Oh thats reminded me...I saw a video of a film titled Mute Witness. Dunno if its been mentioned.

It looks like a scary horror type .. not my kind of thing.

I saw The Killers last night :)guitar:) and when the show was over and the house lights came on... Moon River was played. Not Morrissey's version ;):p, but still... coincidence? I think not. :D It was an instrumental version, and so I serenaded my husband on our way out. His ear drums were blown -couldn't hear anything anyway. :D

I saw The Killers last night :)guitar:) and when the show was over and the house lights came on... Moon River was played. Not Morrissey's version ;):p, but still... coincidence? I think not. :D It was an instrumental version, and so I serenaded my husband on our way out. His ear drums were blown -couldn't hear anything anyway. :D

did Brandon look sexy?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom