Striptease With A Difference

Stitchell

blah blah blah blah...
Listened to this song today, outrageously camp! What does everyone else think? Anyone got any info on it, i.e. who was involved, session, why it wasn't released etc

To my knowledge, it's a langer/winstanley composition trying to be a Madness Song similar to Palare.

I think it was intended for the follow up to Viva Hate which was called Bona Drag (not THE Bona Drag that we now know) along with others such as Born To Hang.

Fun lyric but not the strongest song.

Re: Striptease With Indifference...

I'd agree it was a Langer/Winstanley effort, it also sounds AMAZINGLY hetrosexual to me! However I do believe it was a Kill Uncle leftover (I may be wrong, I was once before and lightning CAN strike twice!)

Cheers

Reg

I think those three demos (Striptease, Oh Phoney and Born to Hang) are all rather good. With some brushing up lyrically and musically they certainly could have improved Kill Uncle.

It is a Morrissey/Langer collaboration which was demoed in May 1990.

Morrissey in The Face magazine, 1990: "There's a song called Striptease With A Difference which is about playing a game of cards wherein the loser of each game has to take off an item of clothing. And it's secretly hoping one loses and in fact manipulating the game towards that end."

It's for the aborted Bona Drag project, I believe?

Is it not a Morrissey/Armstrong track?

Back
Top Bottom