Swindon Roll-Call

Do any of you locals know if there is free or cheap parking close or indeed at the venue also is there parking at the gw bar? thanks

Do any of you locals know if there is free or cheap parking close or indeed at the venue also is there parking at the gw bar? thanks

The Oasis has a car park which has pay and display machines, YOU HAVE TO GET A TICKET but it is free for 3 hours if using the Oasis. (This is because people often use it to park, then go into town.
As for the GW, there is a small car park to the side. Also there is a car park next to the station which is reasonably priced.

I'm there tomorrow.

Since I am from Swindon i'll give you a little heads up on the nightlife.

There is two main areas, town centre and old town. Both are close together, about a 10/15minute walk between the two, the town centre is closers to the venue - the oasis.

Old Town - Here you have a mix of bars and pubs and a couple of clubs, this end of town is more 'trendy' quite a few bars that offer cocktails, relaxed atmosphere etc, here you will find no chains of bars, more independant bars and local pubs.

- Longs Bar (Victoria Hill)- Offers an upmarket clientele (for Swindon) cocktails, nice beers such as peroni etc on tap
- McKenzies (See Longs Bar)
- The Spot (See Longs Bar)
- The Victoria - A great place for a quick pint before town, it is a live music venue and has a good jukebox
- The Old Bank (See Longs Bar)
- The Kings Arms (See Longs Bar)
- The Roaring Donkey - Local pub with cheap pints, its tucked away though

Town Centre - Here you have all of the chain pubs/bars

- The Savoy, Sir Daniel Arms, The Grove Company - All whetherspoons - no need to expain about them
- Walkabout - Aussie theme bar
- Revolution - Vodka based bar
- Yates - Nothing special
- Bushwhackers and Sin - A New bar and club that has only recently opened (haven't been to them)

For those staying over and want to go to a club in town centre...
- Walkabout, open till 2.30am plays chart music and a mix
- Sin (As said above haven't been yet)
- Liquid, open till fairly late 3/4am plays a mixture of stuff on Saturday

In Old Town....
- Suju - plays electro, house etc
- Rehab - plays electro, dubstep, drum n bass

Late night Curry
Swindon is very good for curry houses, so many in old town and the town centre

My favourite ones....
Town Centre
- Jack Spice (Open late)
- Abys Indian Experience (Open late)

Old Town
- Ruchi (Open late)
- Biblop (Shuts at about 12/1am)

Well I hope this is of use to some of you, i anybody needs any help or information let me know :)

Pretty good advise my friend, from one who knows about the nightlife, but no mention of the Lava Lounge? Down the bottom of town, open till 3am and playing a collection of 70's and 80's.

I'll be there, never been to a Morrissey gig before so very excited, and hoping it it is still on! yes, cheers for checking that :)

Tags
swinnerz troll got owned
Back
Top Bottom