Terry Hall, lead singer of The Specials, has passed away

Dreadful news, especially at this time of year. The Specials were the sound of the horror of Thatcher's Britain reflected back at her.
Time to dig out the under-appreciated classic 'More Specials' once more.
R.I.P Terry.

britain was a very dark place in the late 70s,the specials captured that in their music.sad to see anyone die especially someone you grew up with.r.i.p. terry.

This really is the most sh*tty news, and has saddened me immensely. I can feel the tears welling up as I type. I'm truly gutted.
I loved this band, & the whole ska thing; their debut single, Gangsters, remains one of my all time favourite tracks & reminds me of really great times, in more youthful days.

RIP Terry.

Just look at these young & beautiful guys here; magical times:

I'm just absolutely gutted. The Specials were an inspiration to me well before the Smiths were. Their strong anti-racism, anti-fascism and desire for social justice, which they believed in well in 2022, was just so important to myself, like it was for many others. They really did inform the way I saw the world and the people within it.

Terry himself was a wonderful, kind and gentle man. He was open about his mental health, which I'm sure gave some comfort to many men of a similar age to Terry.

RIP to one of the greatest there has been and ever will be.

Always liked this appearance on Jools Holland and as Jools mentions the band were a bit of a supergroup at the time. The drummer actually went on to join Oasis and is now the drummer in Noels's band.

Always liked this appearance on Jools Holland and as Jools mentions the band were a bit of a supergroup at the time. The drummer actually went on to join Oasis and is now the drummer in Noels's band.

Thanks for the clip. What a great song "No No No", is.
Love it.

Didn’t they use the “hey I’ll see you later…” line on the trailer or have I imagined that?

I'm just absolutely gutted. The Specials were an inspiration to me well before the Smiths were. Their strong anti-racism, anti-fascism and desire for social justice, which they believed in well in 2022, was just so important to myself, like it was for many others. They really did inform the way I saw the world and the people within it.

Terry himself was a wonderful, kind and gentle man. He was open about his mental health, which I'm sure gave some comfort to many men of a similar age to Terry.

RIP to one of the greatest there has been and ever will be.

He also managed to overcome a grotesque period in his life which would have destroyed a lot of people.

I love this song and seeing Terry in the video brings me so much joy every time I watch it.

Back
Top Bottom