Morrissey Central "Texas massacre" (May 27, 2022)

Whoever found that Central post title is a soulless creep.

I don't know how I feel about that song snippet/collage. So hard to watch, such a tragic killing of beautiful children with their lives barely begun, a lovely cover version, and maybe it's ok because Patty Rodriguez originally posted it, but why did Messages From Moz post it. A site that posts every and any mention of Moz and The Smiths. If it was posted for the right reasons then OK, but maybe Moz could have posted a line or two about his sympathy for the lovely children and their grieving relatives.
I agree.
It's pretty bad taste.

Nice cover

Are you talking about Suffer little children? At the time, the song caused enough controvers.
The link I see between this message and Morrissey is the upcoming album. While the title takes its inspiration from innocent youth dying in the MEN arena bombings, Morrissey can now safely say that random violence against innocent children and youth is a scourge in our society. Which is certainly true.
But there is a thin line between genuine compassion and self-promotion.
I have mixed feelings about this message.
It's a line the moz who wrote Suffer Little Children would have seen, its a shame OAP M lacks the vision

He is a radical anti-speciesist. It only reflects badly with people who believe in speciesism.
Not really,
It's blunt and boring

Lots of us are anti animal cruelty, there is no need to be deliberately ill mannered and offensive. Like a 16 year old stroppy dyke, trying to get attention.

You only have to see how most people, including vegans reacted to Ms comment, to see how much it didn't help.
However, I agree with what he said .

Moz is not racist that is very clear to me. There are those who say that those who "attack Moz can go to eat .., that is a very rude comment. I am one of the most demonstrative fans of admiration for Moz, but I do not like anything that Central reflects the publication of the murdered people that someone in bad taste did using a Smiths song, that is not to attack is to disagree with someone you admire. Moz should pay more attention to his site, and if he agrees to publish that, I don't.no no y no!!!!

The UK media obsessing over this vile atrocity has been one of the most prurient and disgusting things I have ever seen, as if it has anything to do with this side of the pond.

Not really,
It's blunt and boring

Lots of us are anti animal cruelty, there is no need to be deliberately ill mannered and offensive. Like a 16 year old stroppy dyke, trying to get attention.

You only have to see how most people, including vegans reacted to Ms comment, to see how much it didn't help.
However, I agree with what he said .
what is "blunt and boring"?

I don't find anything offensive in reminding people that we are all animals and that animals are sentient beings. And even a 16 year old stroppy dyke can have a point, or do you think we shouldn't listen to stroppy dykes, because they do not deserve being treated like any other human being, or like an adult, heterosexual male, for example?

Speciesists will assume that M wanted to belittle the pain and suffering of the kids and families involved, because in their eyes, animals are less valuable than humans and animal suffering is unimportant in comparison to that of humans. Putting animals on an equal footing with humans, for them, is always an offense.

In the eyes of an anti-speciesist there is no difference in the value of animal lives (including humans), both deserve to live happily and safely.

It's the amount of compassion that they got, which must have bothered him, in comparison to the indifference that millions and billions of animals are facing, that have to die unnoticed the most horrible deaths every second and every minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

A really good example of why you shouldn't read The Guardian. The article reports Moz as saying the 'Norwegian killings are nothing...' whereas what he actually says is 'We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day'.

Although he gets the number of dead wrong, it's clearly the numbers he is referring to. '97 is nothing compared to the millions...'

He expresses no disrespect to those killed and I don'y think intends any. He merely alludes to the fact that millions of animals are killed every day in factory farming. You may disagree with him with regard to the morality of that comparison - and whether just comparing numbers is respectful to the human beings slaughtered in Utoye - but just in terms of numbers the comment is factually accurate. It is a shocking comparison, no doubt. But using shock to jolt people out of complacent ways of thinking is not unusual.

Plus the comment was made at a concert, to a paying audience who came to hear Moz sing and make a few controversial comments in between songs. That's part of the deal. At a concert that probably showed footage of animal slaughter to that same audience whilst singing a song called 'Meat is Murder'. It's all part of Moz's animal rights stance that he has never shied away from. To quote a comment out of context, as the article does, in the name of the 'take offence at everything brigade' is always a zero sum game. As recently demonstrated by the fuss over specific jokes made by Jimmy Carr, Dave Chappelle, and currently Ricky Gervais, reported out of context from hour long shows, attended by a paying audience, and broadcast on a subscription TV channel.

A really good example of why you shouldn't read The Guardian. The article reports Moz as saying the 'Norwegian killings are nothing...' whereas what he actually says is 'We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day'.

Although he gets the number of dead wrong, it's clearly the numbers he is referring to. '97 is nothing compared to the millions...'

He expresses no disrespect to those killed and I don'y think intends any. He merely alludes to the fact that millions of animals are killed every day in factory farming. You may disagree with him with regard to the morality of that comparison - and whether just comparing numbers is respectful to the human beings slaughtered in Utoye - but just in terms of numbers the comment is factually accurate. It is a shocking comparison, no doubt. But using shock to jolt people out of complacent ways of thinking is not unusual.

Plus the comment was made at a concert, to a paying audience who came to hear Moz sing and make a few controversial comments in between songs. That's part of the deal. At a concert that probably showed footage of animal slaughter to that same audience whilst singing a song called 'Meat is Murder'. It's all part of Moz's animal rights stance that he has never shied away from. To quote a comment out of context, as the article does, in the name of the 'take offence at everything brigade' is always a zero sum game. As recently demonstrated by the fuss over specific jokes made by Jimmy Carr, Dave Chappelle, and currently Ricky Gervais, reported out of context from hour long shows, attended by a paying audience, and broadcast on a subscription TV channel.
But with a high degree of probability, we can say that he would not have used such words if one of his relatives or friends had died in the same way or similar to the youths on Utoya. Right ?

But with a high degree of probability, we can say that he would not have used such words if one of his relatives or friends had died in the same way or similar to the youths on Utoya. Right ?

No doubt. But you could say that about any comment, especially those designed to shock. Personal loss will always affect how we express ourselves. 'You wouldn't say that if...'

Wasn't Michael's Bones about the Hungerford massacre in '87?

To be honest - no.

He doesn't react in a conventional way to life events.

I think he'd either say nothing or something weird - perhaps about the Queen, or cats.

That isn't what he said either. If you scroll back there's the transcript & the video.

He was introducing Meat Is Murder - with the horrendous footage of animals being killed.

His actual words are far worse.

As for his unmanly bleating about his mother's death...just pathetic given both he and she are/were 'vegetarians ' and thus contribute(d) to just as much animal torture-slaughter as the burger-fried chicken 🐔 eaters he so ludicrously protests.

He is such a fool but his 'fans' are even more delusional.

As for his unmanly bleating about his mother's death...just pathetic given both he and she are/were 'vegetarians ' and thus contribute(d) to just as much animal torture-slaughter as the burger-fried chicken 🐔 eaters he so ludicrously protests.

You must be a fan or why else would you be here?

This has been done to death, but Morrissey is a vegan as of 2015, if not earlier. And even if Elizabeth Dwyer was a vegetarian, she would still have contributed to less animal torture and slaughter than if she had not been.

If Morrissey does anything "unmanly," then that is all the better. "Manliness" is a cancer. Women, in the main, tend to be more compassionate and less violent. They make up a majority of vegans. Valerie Solanas was probably right: society needs to get rid of men. But as for you, you like Maynard James Keenan.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom