Morrissey Central "THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS" (November 15, 2023)

THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS

Relates to this from 9yrs ago:

"PETA’s video “Someday,” brought to life by Los Angeles animator Anna Saunders, was created in honor of Morrissey’s 55th birthday."

Related item:

Morrissey banning meat at his shows is a false equivalence to him patronizing a non-vegan restaurant. He's not able to dictate what the restaurant serves any more than he can dictate what Whole Foods sells when he buys his vegan food. Hypocrisy would be if he actually ate meat. Make him dictator for life and see what happens with the Cat & Fiddle menu.

Some turds make up any reason to hate M.

You're missing the point. He doesn't want it to be about having a choice. He doesn't think people should have the right to torture animals in order to gratify their taste buds, any more than he thinks people should have the right to rape or kill in order to gratify their lusts.

He doesn't want an "exemption" for himself. He would prefer it if every restaurant was vegan.

Then why doesn’t he just frequent vegan restaurants?

To give you the pleasurable opportunity to criticize him and or call him a hypocrite.

Don’t say he never did anything for you. Ah Morrissey! bringing a little spice to everyone’s dull existence.

I couldn't say. Ambience? Beverage selection? Clientele? Maybe they don't play Black Box on the overhead, or maybe there's a signed picture of a grinning Mike Joyce on the wall.

The point is, the same choice he denies to a meat-eater at his concert isn't even a choice he wants for himself. It's either a neutral (since he won't choose the meat option) or a negative (since it might remind him of animal suffering). If it were purely up to him, the choice would not exist at all. So there's no personal exceptionalism going on. Unless he's eating meat, he isn't being a hypocrite.

Animals are innocent and I get why people are vegetarian and vegan.

Meanwhile, I don’t understand why cannibalism is frowned upon. Humans are the worst of the worst. Let’s eat them; they deserve it.
Let's start with the f***ers from the front row/barrier.

the wee chicks video is his idea of a christmas card,just wheel it out at this time of year,no harm in it as its good to know where your food comes from,if it changes one persons way of life where food is concerned then its done its job.

christmas tree count--4,getting earlier every year.

Because you guys are against eating dead animals but desperately try to mimic the taste of dead animals. Seems strange don't you think?

Because they wish to taste familiar flavours and textures without the exploitation, suffering and killing of sentient beings. Simple.

Hypothetical thought: What if we told Morrissey who he could or could not love? Is it any of our business? Is it his business what we eat?
Because who he loves is a private matter for him and another consenting adult whereas animal products involve the exploitation, suffering and killing of sentient beings.

I'll become a vegetarian when the other animals become vegetarians too. Take a hike in the woods and shake hands with a bear sometime, see how that goes. The fact is, we are animals. Our instinct is to eat meat to survive. We are no different from any other animal.
You presumably don’t take your wider ethics from a shark. Otherwise you would be open to rape, killing humans etc too. You likely go down to the supermarket and have a variety of options available to you, not quite the inbuilt instinct of a carnivore.

Because who he loves is a private matter for him and another consenting adult whereas animal products involve the exploitation, suffering and killing of sentient beings.

and also the eating of animals impacts the planet, so yes, it is everyone’s business what others eat.

You presumably don’t take your wider ethics from a shark. Otherwise you would be open to rape, killing humans etc too. You likely go down to the supermarket and have a variety of options available to you, not quite the inbuilt instinct of a carnivore.

Don’t bother. Mr. Ray already lost his argument when he claims he eats animals because he needs to survive. He simply has no other option! Lol.

Don’t bother. Mr. Ray already lost his argument when he claims he eats animals because he needs to survive. He simply has no other option! Lol.

I think he's a hunter-gatherer who walks around in a loincloth and carries a spear. Come election time, he'll be covered in "BIDEN 2024" body paint.

I don't eat junk food and you obviously don't have a balanced diet.

A question to those who eat red meat. Why is meat-eating so important for you? It’s almost as if it’s a “religious” thing. You get very defensive about it, are quick to judge or mock those who do not eat meat, and the thought of giving up meat is on par with an existential crisis, almost.

I’ve had several dietary habits, and right now my stomach (IBS) determine my diet. But I gave up meat when I was in my early twenties and it wasn’t a big deal. I was never a fervent meat-eater myself.

Because that would require him to commit to something. If he can't stand the smell of meat being cooked in a venue, then he would certainly have a problem with it in a restaurant, or sitting at a table with someone eating meat. There have been strong rumors over the years that he does occasionally eat meat and it would not surprise me if it's true. It is completely nonsensical and unbelievable that a staunch animal rights activist and vegan would give his money to a restaurant that cooks and serves meat. It's just another way he trolls his super fans and they fall for it.

Back
Top Bottom