The 2 Morrisseys

M

Musician

Listening to World Peace....for nearly a year now, i realised why I adore (most of) the ''extra tracks'' and the record, but i still understand the negative critics. Flamenco, Jesse aside, i love and I miss the humble, sensitive, heartfelt Morrissey on record. One of our own - Drag the river - Forgive - Julie is such a nice sequence that represents this Morrissey. On the other hand i more and more get annoyed of the boasting, preachy, shouting Morrissey of ''I'm not a man'', almost the whole YOR etc. I'm not talking about the songs musically, more like what aesthetics they represent.

Discuss.

Listening to World Peace....for nearly a year now, i realised why I adore (most of) the ''extra tracks'' and the record, but i still understand the negative critics. Flamenco, Jesse aside, i love and I miss the humble, sensitive, heartfelt Morrissey on record. One of our own - Drag the river - Forgive - Julie is such a nice sequence that represents this Morrissey. On the other hand i more and more get annoyed of the boasting, preachy, shouting Morrissey of ''I'm not a man'', almost the whole YOR etc. I'm not talking about the songs musically, more like what aesthetics they represent.

Discuss.

I think it's the best work jesse has done.

Why do you dislike yor, there is solid songs in that album very esthetic and cinematic I hate WPINOB, he went from a performer who tried to explain ones sadness and isolation and trying to connect it with him and the rest of the world, to being a more aloof observer. I know this is a controversial statment bit where is the heart? The whole heart. In WPINOB we get a very slight look into the emotional state of him. I despise it. I would have advised Morrissey to scrap WPINOB completely :sick: that album should have been "none of our business" i bought the deluxe edition and i have all the songs on My iPhone but that is purely to show My support for Morrissey. skip them always on the iphone

Nevertheless one bad album in a decades long carrer is hell of an achivement

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you dislike yor, there is solid songs in that album very esthetic and cinematic I hate WPINOB, he went from a performer who tried to explain ones sadness and isolation and trying to connect it with him and the rest of the world, to being a more aloof observer. I know this is a controversial statment bit where is the heart? The whole heart. In WPINOB we get a very slight look into the emotional state of him. I despise it. I would have advised Morrissey to scrap WPINOB completely :sick: that album should have been "none of our business" i bought the deluxe edition and i have all the songs on My iPhone but that is purely to show My support for Morrissey. skip them always on the iphone

Nevertheless one bad album in a decades long carrer is hell of an achivement

Your opinion. Because morrissey isn't the bleeding heart asexual you want him to be and he's actually looking around at what is happening in the world you hate the album? The songs are some of Jesse and Boz's finest and Moz's voice sounds perfect.

Your opinion. Because morrissey isn't the bleeding heart asexual you want him to be and he's actually looking around at what is happening in the world you hate the album? The songs are some of Jesse and Boz's finest and Moz's voice sounds perfect.

Oh its you again. Why don't don't you change the record and stop with the same "comeback" :rolleyes: buy all the copys of world peace you want then. I stick with the one, thank you!
I would have respected you more if you explaind why you like the direction world peace has gone in rather than being so aggresive. Who knows you might change my mind. By the way i'm not commenting on mozzez voice but the lyrics, the voice is fine Also i focused on Morrissey not Boz artistic input in this. I don't care or know if this is the finest Boz has done.

You are right on one thing. Its My opinion, so treat it like a opinion and disscus it with me rather than treating my post like a slap in the face. I think you will find that we are just a bit misscommunicated and are more similar in opinions that not.

Yor is fab tho!

he won the fight and many of his fan didn't and still struggle with issues he defeated years ago and it creates a disconnect. songs like find out for yourself is kinda where this change, a good one in my opinion, was solidified. I think his successful emergence from the smiths was the start of his changing in his fashion

he won the fight and many of his fan didn't and still struggle with issues he defeated years ago and it creates a disconnect. songs like find out for yourself is kinda where this change, a good one in my opinion, was solidified. I think his successful emergence from the smiths was the start of his changing in his fashion

He still struggle with the same issues, thats the Beauty of him. He never "accepted" the inadequate parts of life and just become jadded, saying "thats life". He might matured and thought it was a worn out subject but he is still the mancunian Smiths lad at heart. And he showed it until The late 2000s. Maybe he wanted to get into the charts and saw that political and controversial subject for songs resonate more with the press in the social media generation. Morrissey as he said himself "oh i"ll never learn"

All i have to say is LET IT OUT MOZ, don't keep it in. Thats why we love you.

He still struggle with the same issues, thats the Beauty of him. He never "accepted" the inadequate parts of life and just become jadded, saying "thats life". He might matured and thought it was a worn out subject but he is still the mancunian Smiths lad at heart. And he showed it until The late 2000s. Maybe he wanted to get into the charts and saw that political and controversial subject for songs resonate more with the press in the social media generation. Morrissey as he said himself "oh i"ll never learn"

All i have to say is LET IT OUT MOZ, don't keep it in. Thats why we love you.

You don't even know him personally yet you make all these assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom