The Drivel Thread

Is jacinta by any chance indonesian??

Some amoralist you turned out to be. But if nobody knows about it besides the adulterers, who can judge them for being "gross" and "foolish," or the socially inept party for being "sad"? If this affair were to somehow miraculously happen, wouldn't it be okay for Theophilus to escape his lonely miserable life for just a couple days and nights in Washington, D.C.? Would you deny him even that?
I'll answer this when I get off work!

Did you ever, Light Housework, in your long string of romantic misadventures with wheelchair-bound drug-dealing sadists and the like, ever conduct an affair with a married person? If so, did you initiate it or did they?

It seems like the trickiest ground to negotiate. Jacinta once grumbled about someone (we'll call him Socrates) who made a pass at her, and she said, "I hope I didn't give him the wrong signals." And Theophilus tried to explain to her, as tactfully as possible, how Socrates is a total goon who makes a pass at every attractive female and she wasn't the first to complain about him. But did she conduct herself with Socrates the same way she does with Theophilus? Because if so, then maybe she did give him the wrong signals. How can Theophilus know or hope for anything?

A man I guess was in his late 40’s seduced me by pulling me onto his lap and cuddling me when I was a lonely 16 year old. It turned out he not only was married, but that he had syphilis, which I contracted. I remember feeling clammy and contagious, so went to the Montreal Children’s Hospital, and was diagnosed with incubation stage syphilis, and given three successive big needles in the buttock full of I guess penicillin. I told him over the phone that he’d better get himself treated, and he came back with “I just had a clean bill of health from my doctor.” He has a niece, who told me years later, that he f***ed her too and she lost an ovary. Jerk.

Did you ever, Light Housework, in your long string of romantic misadventures with wheelchair-bound drug-dealing sadists and the like, ever conduct an affair with a married person? If so, did you initiate it or did they?

It seems like the trickiest ground to negotiate. Jacinta once grumbled about someone (we'll call him Socrates) who made a pass at her, and she said, "I hope I didn't give him the wrong signals." And Theophilus tried to explain to her, as tactfully as possible, how Socrates is a total goon who makes a pass at every attractive female and she wasn't the first to complain about him. But did she conduct herself with Socrates the same way she does with Theophilus? Because if so, then maybe she did give him the wrong signals. How can Theophilus know or hope for anything?

A married strip club owner took me out to a bistro, and said that if I would be his mistress, I wouldn’t have to strip. I declined his offer, because I wasn’t sexually attracted to him, first off. If he had said we wouldn’t have had to have sex, I might have said yes. Another time, fast forwarded by decades, I was using the craigslist casual encounters listings, and got into an email conversation with an attractive man who wouldn’t show his face, or an erection, but showed himself from the chin down, with a semi-flaccid penis, and I noticed a ring on his wedding band finger. I now think it was just a high school ring, but at the time I only thought of the significance of a ring on his marriage finger, as if people don’t wear various types of rings on that finger. I was a moron, and asked him if he was married, and he said yes, but that his wife was depressed. I turned him down because I felt sorry for his wife, but looking back, I think he may have actually been pulling my leg about the depressed wife story, and was just angry about me making a big deal about his high school ring being on his wedding finger. I’m ashamed of what a moron I’ve been so many times. He looked like Morrissey, from the chin down. *sigh*

I can’t think of any advice for you Sam. It does sound like she’s unhappy with her husband though.

Let's say there's a pair of friends; we will call them Theophilus and Jacinta. Theophilus is very attracted to his friend, however this is hopeless as Jacinta is married. Then again, occasionally married persons stray, but what are the signs? And how is someone as inept as Theophilus supposed to read them?

For example, a couple months ago Theophilus was intending to get away from his oppressively irritating day-to-day life by planning a trip to Washington, D.C. this June: to treat himself to a stay in a five-star hotel, sample the finest Asian cuisine our nation's capital has to offer, and break a decades-long concert drought by seeing the Raveonettes perform at the Black Cat. When Theophilus told Jacinta about his plans and described the Raveonettes' music because she wasn't familiar with them, she said, "that sounds amazing, I wish I was going with you." Which is obviously just an innocent rhetorical expression, except she added a dig at her husband by saying she'd like to go to a nice restaurant for a change without it seeming like a bribe to get her to end hostilities in a marital spat.

More recently Jacinta has commented to Theophilus that her husband is "letting himself go" and getting fat even though she asks him to eat healthier food, and also that she finds his company annoying. Theophilus is not fat and (hopefully) not too annoying, so is there even a sliver of hope that this could mean anything in his favor, or is he just the palace eunuch enduring the Queen's complaints about the King?

I am asking for a friend.

Is Theophilus related to Syphilis? I'm no good with these ancient texts.

Have you listened quietly to Morrissey with her Sam?

No. I get the impression she listens to Anglophone music in an "I'll enjoy a few choice tunes on the Top 40 station" way. In the times she's driven me in her car, the station was tuned to Top 40 at an ambient volume. If it turns out she likes, say, Coldplay and Maroon 5, that wouldn't surprise me (even though it would irk me), but I imagine she would like them in a passing, "I like X artist that sings Y song" way. She has never mentioned Morrissey and I don't know if he's on her radar. I guess listening to Morrissey is something a couple of people could do in a hotel room together, and for people who think adultery is "gross" it would certainly be chaste, but do we have to be chaste? and I've always found it very awkward trying to turn people on to music I like. You're just sitting there watching each other listening to music, and the evangelist is hoping for a positive reaction, and the pressure is on the listener to like it. No, I'm sorry, that's not for me.

A concert would be better, because you're focused on the stage and things are more detached. But Morrissey is not touring the U.S. this summer (barring the possible Beethoven Was Deaf dates). And I don't even know if I'd want a current Morrissey concert to be someone's introduction to him, at least not at my urging, if execrable selections like Spent The Day In Bed and Darling, I Hug A Pillow are on the setlist.

From what I've read, the current Raveonettes setlist is mostly from the early period.

A man I guess was in his late 40’s seduced me by pulling me onto his lap and cuddling me when I was a lonely 16 year old. It turned out he not only was married, but that he had syphilis, which I contracted. I remember feeling clammy and contagious, so went to the Montreal Children’s Hospital, and was diagnosed with incubation stage syphilis, and given three successive big needles in the buttock full of I guess penicillin. I told him over the phone that he’d better get himself treated, and he came back with “I just had a clean bill of health from my doctor.” He has a niece, who told me years later, that he f***ed her too and she lost an ovary. Jerk.
You see, audrey, she only wants to talk about herself

That's not fair, though. I specifically asked her about her dalliances with married men (or women, if that might be the case).
Obviously you didn't really expect she would have any experiences thst would be relatable to your own (especially considering hers are all made up); you were just asking as a way of introducing yiur situation. Light housework has no emotional intelligence, among other awful qualities.

Anyway I'm still at work! (Why is the lunchroom always full of greasy pig nosed degenerates??)

Obviously you didn't really expect she would have any experiences thst would be relatable to your own (especially considering hers are all made up); you were just asking as a way of introducing yiur situation. Light housework has no emotional intelligence, among other awful qualities.

Anyway I'm still at work! (Why is the lunchroom always full of greasy pig nosed degenerates??)

We're getting off-topic, but I don't think her experiences are all made up. I find it pretty plausible that she dated a drug dealer in a wheelchair who was abusive towards her and their dog (if I'm remembering that correctly). I think that really did happen; I don't think Russell Brand tortured her with electroshocks (again, if I'm remembering it right). When she was publishing her foster-home memoirs on here I thought they rang true. I think she's had a complicated history—some of it real, some of it imagined. I'm interested in her thoughts on the situation as well as anyone else's. In fact, her story about a naked guy with a high school ring on Craig's List, while not at all helpful to me, is nevertheless believable, and "resembling Morrissey from the chin down" was funny. If she said she had an affair with Nicky Wire, I would disbelieve it.

I like the change in the lyrics.
Still haven’t watched. Had to go to the walk in clinic because a rash developed on my chest. It’s fading, but I thought I’d ask about it. This past year has been physically lousy. I look forward to hearing the change in the lyrics.

Sam, I find the idea interesting, of you playing Driving Your Girlfriend Home, and King Leer for her.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom