The National on Jimmy Fallon

motorways

NationalFallon.jpg

Thank Mother Nature for DVRs.
"Terrible Love" MP3.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwhnnmi4knz

Love, love, love The National. :thumb: They were on Jools Holland on Tuesday singing Bloodbuzz Ohio. Should get another song on the extended programme on Friday :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
this new album is stunning. Anyone's Ghost is my new favorite National track. i seriously listened to it about 15 times yesterday, and the rest of the album is killer too. got semi-decent seats to see them at the end of the month, and for once i'm hoping the band plays a new album-heavy setlist

Bloodbuzz Ohio....brilliant!

I love how these guys just get better and better with every album (though I wish they'd left some of the edges on the new lp just the tiniest bit rough...).

after even more listens, i think High Violet is The National's Vauxhall & I or perhaps, Disintegration. there are a few obvious singles, but as a whole it's immaculate. one of those albums where every song is your favorite...until the next song starts

High Violet is an absolute beauty of an album. To me, it's not even a question that it's The National's best album.

yeah, in as much as it's more evenly excellent start to finish; more focused and cohesive

goddamn that sounded wanky, but it's true
Didn't sound wanky at all; it was a perfect description. High Violet is a lot more of a solid album than Boxer. For me, Boxer tends to sag a bit towards the middle - High Violet is brilliant all the way through.

Saw them on Jools Holland and am mightily impressed. Watched it on Iplayer last night again with a couple of mates who were equally blown away. Can't wait to investigate further

A cursory youtube listen to various tracks confirms my belief that this band are amazing. The only comparison I can make is they're like a darker Go-Betweens.
Can anyone give me some pointers to what I should get etc etc?

A cursory youtube listen to various tracks confirms my belief that this band are amazing. The only comparison I can make is they're like a darker Go-Betweens.
Can anyone give me some pointers to what I should get etc etc?
Listen to their three best albums; Alligator, Boxer, High Violet.

Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers is their second album. It has a few fantastic tracks, but it's not that consistent.

I think Boxer or High Violet would be the best to start off with.

Listen to their three best albums; Alligator, Boxer, High Violet.

Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers is their second album. It has a few fantastic tracks, but it's not that consistent.

I think Boxer or High Violet would be the best to start off with.

cheers. I'm just a country mile behind the world!:thumb:

Some of my favourite songs are from Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers! Get it too, even if they say it's not that '' consistent" :p

What are your favourite songs from High Violet so far everyone?

Back
Top Bottom