The Smyths live in Leicester next week

Smythssinger

FRIDAY JULY 25th AT THE CHARLOTTE, LEICESTER http://www.thecharlotte.co.uk/
£9 Advance

The Charlotte is a stalwart of the tribute world and The Smyths are delighted to be added to the list of bands who play there. This show - the band's first there - will be a chance for our Midlands-based fans to catch us for the first time since our late winter shows in Derby and Tamworth in February.

We hope you can join us. Stay Handsome!

www.thesmyths.net

After what will obviously be a wonderful show by The Smyths at The Charlotte on there will also be, for your aural pleasure, a full-on Moz/Smiths disco till 3am provided by those lovely Lipstick Disco people! So come along and dance your legs down to your knees... :guitar:

www.myspace.com/lipstickdisco

TheSmythsFri25July2008.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing as I'm back in these necks of the woods I may come along if I can a) pursuade someone else to come, and b) pursuade them to pick up my tab.

Seeing as I'm back in these necks of the woods I may come along if I can a) pursuade someone else to come, and b) pursuade them to pick up my tab.

A Tricky Tree heading into Foxes territory....... hhhmmmm:D

Are The band now a four piece (looking at the picture)?

Jukebox Jury

I have seen them 3 times...twice they have played as a 5 piece and once as a 4 piece...they are breath taking either way!

Love PTxx.
Good point - I saw The Smiths five times, the first two as a foursome, the next three times as a fivesome with Craig Gannon:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Jukebox, i only want to go so i can get in a drunken arguement with whoever the dj is about them not having I'm Playing Easy To Get as i did at the last east midlands attempt at a Moz related evening i attended!

Last edited:
Jukebox, i only want to go so i can get in a drunken arguement with whoever the dj is about them not having I'm Playing Easy To Get as i did at the last east midlands attempt at a Moz related evening i attended!

Mike,
Maybe if you ask if the DJ has ''I'm just playing easy to get'', he or she may have it;)

Yours pedanticly

Jukebox Jury

Mike,
Maybe if you ask if the DJ has ''I'm just playing easy to get'', he or she may have it;)

Yours pedanticly

Jukebox Jury

I refer the Rt. Hon. Gentleman to Passions Just Like Mine

17 December 2004 - Janice Long (BBC2, UK)
I'm Playing Easy To Get
Redondo Beach
Noise Is The Best Revenge
It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small
Morrissey was also interviewed by Janice Long.

FRIDAY JULY 25th AT THE CHARLOTTE, LEICESTER http://www.thecharlotte.co.uk/
£9 Advance

The Charlotte is a stalwart of the tribute world and The Smyths are delighted to be added to the list of bands who play there. This show - the band's first there - will be a chance for our Midlands-based fans to catch us for the first time since our late winter shows in Derby and Tamworth in February.

We hope you can join us. Stay Handsome!

www.thesmyths.net

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC- despite the drunken guy who kept trying to shove his way onto the barrier next to me! I'll certainly be checking you guys out again next time you're up here. :guitar:

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC- despite the drunken guy who kept trying to shove his way onto the barrier next to me! I'll certainly be checking you guys out again next time you're up here. :guitar:

Thanks to everyone who came to our inaugral Leicester show last night - a great crowd given the heat and the sunshine and the great beer on offer at The Criterion!

I am delighted to announce our next show at The Charlotte is on Saturday November 29th.

Looking forward to that, stay handsome!

Graham - The Smyths.

I was sposed to be going to see the Smyths here in July... The Princess Charlotte was a youthful haunt of Mrs Heff. Apprantly she saw Radiohead here for £2 in '93 and has never been the same since.

However, we couldnt make it.

Now theres a November date we may very well be in for this one. Anything to take the edge of the In Laws!

Superb news!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom