The smyths live in may

Smythssinger

THE SMYTHS LIVE IN MAY

You really can't avoid the great man and his music this month..Morrissey is all over May. And in our own, small way, so are The Smyths!

We kick off with a "classic Manchester" night in Portsmouth (Friday May 8th) which sees the stage of the wonderful Wedgewood Rooms bulge under the strain of the collective juggernaut that is the Smyths/REorder
double bill. If you've not seen REorder and you like New Order and Joy Division you're missing a great tribute. Well miss no more, they are there with us at a great venue. If you can't make Portsmouth the same double bill will be appearing at Bush Hall, Shepherds Bush, London on Friday June 5th (http://www.wegottickets.com/event/44125)

That's followed by a return to St Albans' Horn Reborn (Saturday May 9th) for what is always a great night. Brilliant atmosphere (and a very late license too).

Our shows at both Portsmouth and St Albans have sold out in the past so once more, "advance booking recommended".

On May 15th we return to The Venue in New Cross. As mentioned before, this is one of the more unusual amongst our shows. We take the stage at 11 p.m and play a one hour set. The venue is fabulous, the stage is huge, great sound, great lights but....Smiths/Morrissey fans will find themselves amongst those punters more commonly seen at Reflex nightclub. No sooner do The Smyths leave the stage then the DJ fires off the worst of the 80's.
Imagine a nightmare edition of Top of the Pops from 1986. The good news is that on the next floor is the Indie DJ so those with better taste (i.e Smiths/Morrissey fans) can enjoy themselves there (The venue has several floors -it's HUGE).

Admission to the female of the species is free before 11 which seems sexist but they be the rules and we can't change them in favour of everyone. Oh, and the public transport to the Venue is less than perfect - let's just say if you are south of the river and either have a car or like night buses then this one is for you. Because once you're there we always do a top show!

The final show in May is a very special night that we've arranged with celebrated alternative nightclub, Feeling Gloomy....

CELEBRATING MORRISSEY'S 50TH BIRTHDAY

"Unhappy Birthday" takes place at the Luminaire in Kilburn (almost opposite the former National Ballroom where "Rank" was recorded) on Friday May 22nd - Morrissey's 50th birthday.

We will be playing two sets and the vinyl and CDs played will be curated by the excellent Gloomy DJs with as much Morrissey as you could wish to shake a gladioli at. That's lots by the way.

So, May, it's all very Southern (we'll be back in the North soon) but for those of you who can, we hope to see you!

I'll be at Morrissey's shows at The Royal Albert Hall and Mile End so I hope to see my "solo" friends there too.

Stay handsome you little charmers!

Friday 8th May - PORTSMOUTH,
Wedgewood Rooms with RE:order
Tickets £9
http://www.wedgewood-rooms.co.uk/additem.asp?GigID=3122

Saturday 9th May - ST ALBANS,
The Horn Reborn
Tickets £6
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?re...ule&venue=hornstalbans&month=4&day=9&year=109

Friday 15th May - NEW CROSS,
The Venue

Friday 22nd May - KILBURN,
The Luminaire - Morrissey's Birthday with Feeling Gloomy TicketWeb
Tickets £9
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=317587

Thanks to the good folk of pompey for a wonderful night last night. You were as wonderful as always and a big shout to REorder who played a brilliant set.
We're back on November 13th.
St Albans tonight - can't wait!
Stay Handsome
Graham.

Thanks to the good folk of pompey for a wonderful night last night. You were as wonderful as always and a big shout to REorder who played a brilliant set.
We're back on November 13th.
St Albans tonight - can't wait!
Stay Handsome
Graham.

Are you coming back to Yorkshire soon?

Peter

Im going to the Horn Reborn tonight - its a mates birthday as well.... Anyone else going?

Im going to the Horn Reborn tonight - its a mates birthday as well.... Anyone else going?

Wow! what a weekend. I loved both shows. Portsmouth you were as wonderful as always and St Albans on Saturday night, a very big, noisy, lovely crowd.
The band had a while of a time and I can't wait for the next set of shows - Venue (Friday 15th), Luminaire (22nd) and then Bush Hall on June 5th (www.thesmyths.net)

I was supposed to be going to the Royal Albert Hall tonight....

Wow! what a weekend. I loved both shows. Portsmouth you were as wonderful as always and St Albans on Saturday night, a very big, noisy, lovely crowd.
The band had a while of a time and I can't wait for the next set of shows - Venue (Friday 15th), Luminaire (22nd) and then Bush Hall on June 5th (www.thesmyths.net)

I was supposed to be going to the Royal Albert Hall tonight....

It was a corking show in St Albans. On fine form Graham. Fine form.

As were the less than Sweet and Tender hooligans who had an enormous fight outside just after the interval. I hearby decree I am giving up smoking as its bad for your health to stand outside with lunatics.

Back
Top Bottom